PDA

View Full Version : New Warmap Theme?

SuRroundeD By 1
10-26-2012, 09:46 PM
While I loved our previous iterations of the War Map, I'm not suggesting a new kind of map. After reading the new update, specifically the part about finding all the different forerunner locations around the galaxy, I was thinking . . . what if we had two war maps?

Say . . . we have our normal War Map, but that isn't just it, instead of just a new map for every war, what if we kind of expand that into different planets/ installations?

We begin with five or seven planets (odd #) and each planet would have a certain number of maps on it. There would be one planet that was neutral and the others would be split equally between armies. The first war would occur on the neutral planet. Wars would play out the same, lasting for however long they are going to last, but as soon as one army wins on that planet, they don't just win a war, they take control of that planet.

Afterwards, the winning team gets to choose which planet to attack next and the entire thing begins again.

While this may sound a little redundant, I think it adds to the universe. Maybe planets can offer certain bonuses (like in Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2), but the wars seem much larger in scale than normal. Instead of fighting on a single planet or something you're fighting over an entire set of planets! In my mind, that also gives the losing faction a bit of hope and incentive not to give up, like they hadn't lost the entire war yet, just a planet, might keep people playing instead of getting discouraged and quitting (not positive but I'm sure it happened during some of the previous wars).

I don't know, I though that sounded cool . . . also gave me another reason to bring up Frigate Battles but I decided against that for now XD Might was well keep it on topic and bring that back up later.

Sorry if someone has already suggested this, or if I have and I just don't remember -_- But you guys get where I'm going with this right? Going back over I had to fix a few things because they seemed confusing to me . . . the person who made the post, so if you need clarification on something just ask.

Additional ideas and discussion are welcome :)

And I'm pretty sure we might already have a War Map going or already started for our first war, but since the first battle is always on a neutral planet, it doesn't matter if that map is up until the end of that war . . . again, just a suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Update, can someone with mod powers please change the name of the thread to "Galactic War Map Idea" or something along those lines please!

Thanks haha, I wasn't thinking when I made the title -_-

Blackhawk570
10-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Whatever it is I am just excited to see the outcome. Keep it up guys :D

VerbotenDonkey
10-26-2012, 09:49 PM
All will be revealed in due time. :)

Also, that sounds like it's complicating the system a bit (With each planet having different bonuses, etc). I'd prefer to keep it simple.

Coda
10-26-2012, 09:58 PM
It's a very cool idea. It could be difficult though. With similar, or identical maps between wars... it wouldn't make sense. It would require things to be a bit more complex. If we can pull it off, go for it! but it would be hard

SuRroundeD By 1
10-26-2012, 10:23 PM

Also, that sounds like it's complicating the system a bit (With each planet having different bonuses, etc). I'd prefer to keep it simple.

Yeah, would be really complicated, but I just thought it would be a cool idea, although your first sentence . . . I've never been good with riddles . . . or surprises.

And Coda, that was the one problem I was thinking of, but I'm sure we could use certain maps as common themes (such as military bases and etc) so that we could reuse certain maps for each planet. Or something XD I'm tired . . .

silversleek
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM

battlefront galactic conquest, enough said.

MedeDust
10-27-2012, 01:45 AM
You're in for a surprise :) however this will be tested during the beta first before I make it official.

Graycochea
10-27-2012, 02:05 AM
If there's a forge mode in H4 you could forge different maps with the same architectural theme. That would give you multiple maps you could use on your different planets. Plus, Battlefront Galactic Conquest was the shit. I wish my BF2 still worked...