PDA

View Full Version : Final Name Poll

Maxdoggy
10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the Forerunner Conflict! The War Council begs of you for one last vote for the naming of our community as we move in to Halo 4. We would sincerely appreciate it if you could spare a moment of your time and manipulate your pointing device of choice in the direction of which snazzy nomenclature you believe we should use for our next era.

Background for the names:

Reclamation: Represents the "Reclaimer" Trilogy that is Halo 4, 5, and 6; Represents the Master Chief and Humanity; Represents the BLUE's reclaiming of the Outer Colonies from the Imperials and the reclaiming of lost Forerunner technology.
Supremacy: Represents the largest battle and resistance the Imperials have ever faced as the BLUE rises once again; whomever wins this next war will reign supreme over the others.

NOTE: Polling ends three days hence from this moment.

P.S., "Supremacy" has no affiliation with the infamous Vermin Supreme. Lol.

Harry
10-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Reclamation!

Sicarioano
10-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Harry!

SuRroundeD By 1
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Hmm . . . since Halo 4 is also bringing in Forerunner weaponry into the mix, I was thinking that Reclamation could have meant that we are discovering lost Forerunner technology that even we hadn't found before (since RvB and the first few conflicts happened over Forerunner installations right?). We, the human race, are reclaiming what the Forerunners have lost, and using it for the same purpose the Forerunners had used it before, to kill. So in a way, we're reclaiming two things: The Forerunners technology, and their destiny.

That's also the only reason I voted Reclamation, because it would have been nice to see something aside from R names in our history, but Reclamation . . . I feel it pinpoints exactly what Halo 4 is going for and would fit great into the Halo 4 Wars Lore.

"The Brotherhood and Empire race to discover technology lost in time, finding and using it for their own advantage against one another. Little do they realize that they aren't just reclaiming the ancients lost power, they are also reclaiming the same fate."

Maybe a little lame but I liked it XD

Fateless Wolf
10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
aww mine didnt make it to the finals well i guess its an honor to atleast have it liked

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Supremacy, because this War is about becoming the Supreme Empire.

Also, getting tired of these damn R's. :P

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Supremacy, because this War is about becoming the Supreme Empire.

Also, getting tired of these damn R's. :P

Agreed

bazongaman502
10-29-2012, 06:53 PM
im not gonna vote... dont like either of them... Liked Generations and Uncharted... but those were said no to :/

Silko
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
I personally like the whole R thing. Like I said on the other thread I find it shows the evolution of the community.

ArchAngelLloyd
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Hmm . . . since Halo 4 is also bringing in Forerunner weaponry into the mix, I was thinking that Reclamation could have meant that we are discovering lost Forerunner technology that even we hadn't found before (since RvB and the first few conflicts happened over Forerunner installations right?). We, the human race, are reclaiming what the Forerunners have lost, and using it for the same purpose the Forerunners had used it before, to kill. So in a way, we're reclaiming two things: The Forerunners technology, and their destiny.

That's also the only reason I voted Reclamation, because it would have been nice to see something aside from R names in our history, but Reclamation . . . I feel it pinpoints exactly what Halo 4 is going for and would fit great into the Halo 4 Wars Lore.

"The Brotherhood and Empire race to discover technology lost in time, finding and using it for their own advantage against one another. Little do they realize that they aren't just reclaiming the ancients lost power, they are also reclaiming the same fate."

Maybe a little lame but I liked it XD
sounded good to me

xXReiBearXx
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Reclamation sounds so bland. Supremacy sounds so strong and powerful.

Sicarioano
10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
im not gonna vote... dont like either of them... Liked Generations and Uncharted... but those were said no to :/

I liked Generations :/

Fateless Wolf
10-29-2012, 08:36 PM

thought i had it in the bag when i suggested generations i thought the name was quite suiting seeing is how fc went throught generations of wars on different games of the halo series but now im sad and i dont really like either so im not gonna vote

Maxdoggy
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
thought i had it in the bag when i suggested generations i thought the name was quite suiting seeing is how fc went throught generations of wars on different games of the halo series but now im sad and i dont really like either so im not gonna vote

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1560809/voteheard.JPG

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 08:44 PM

The name doesn't reflect our existence though, this name is suppose to reflect this one Era.

Blackhawk570
10-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Don't like either so yeahhh

Rokkman X
10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I think voting for this would make more of a difference than voting for president, there you're just voting for two different nerf herders.

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 09:23 PM
voting for two different nerf herders.

You can't use that word! Only we can use that word!

Rokkman X
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I believe I've used the word "for" on many occasions in my here. I've never been confronted with an Army exclusive phrase other than 'Insert Army Name here" "Insert adjective here".

Silko
10-29-2012, 09:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0I7xsH4No

SuRroundeD By 1
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Leave it to Silko for the Family Guy videos XD

ArchAngelLloyd
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM

Nuh uh we patented that phrase.

You can use it for the low low coast of 1 vcash we take ALL major credite cards from across the galaxy

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 10:07 PM
silko got it

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0I7xsH4No

Actually, if you read my quote, I was referencing this. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawSjQxqbfE

Silko
10-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Actually, if you read my quote, I was referencing this. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawSjQxqbfE

I know but I was calling you my Nerf Herder my Nerf Herder

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 10:13 PM
I know but I was calling you my Nerf Herder my Nerf Herder

Oh in that case, alright Silko, punch it!

zZ Dr K Zz
10-29-2012, 10:28 PM
:(

Another RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:'(

:'-(

I don't believe in how the "RE" name shows the evolution of the community. It seems like using the same type of shtick over and over means we don't want to move forward in any means.

And another problem with it is that the only war that I remember with a "RE" in it, is Retribution and I don't even remember which war that was we've had so many with "RE" in it, it just seems like a copy of a copy of a.....etc.

Having Supremacy in the name makes it look like that we are headed in a new direction and moving on from the past. Another "RE" just seems so..........bland.

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy guy in a corner.

Juggernaut9473
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM

I don't believe in how the "RE" name shows the evolution of the community. It seems like using the same type of shtick over and over means we don't want to move forward in any means.

And another problem with it is that the only war that I remember with a "RE" in it, is Retribution and I don't even remember which war that was we've had so many with "RE" in it, it just seems like a copy of a copy of a.....etc.

Having Supremacy in the name makes it look like that we are headed in a new direction and moving on from the past. Another "RE" just seems so..........bland.

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy god in a corner.

fixed

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2012, 10:36 PM

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy HANDSOME ROUGE in a corner.

Fixed.

Silko
10-29-2012, 11:09 PM

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy guy in a corner.

Love your Sig Dr. K :)

zZ Dr K Zz
10-30-2012, 02:58 AM
So much <3 to the top 3 people above me.

:sweat:

Deathhawk
10-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Let's just change the fucking community name to "R'S R RUS"

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Let's just change the fucking community name to "R'S R RUS"

Graycochea
10-30-2012, 11:43 PM
It looks like we are about to enter an Age of Reclamation. Full steam ahead for the Halos!

BloodxFangz
10-31-2012, 09:33 AM
personal i think the meaning of the names to be a bit bias no offence maxdoggy but thats what it looks like but if you look at them in a neutral sense and use halos past how the humans have been wiped out and had to start over everytime they got back to there original standing in the food chain so to say they are reclaiming wht they once had and moving farther ahead with the discovery of Forerunner Tech. which potentially can give supremacy to the humans but i still have to say i prefer Reclamation it doesnt suggest we have gone back to a barbaric state and just want to be the rulers of everything in a huge battle that just seems stupid

Anarchy
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Rather than give a long, thought out explanation as to why I think Reclamation is better, I'll just say naming ourselves Supremacy sounds like we're trying to make up for other inadequacy.

xXReiBearXx
10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Rather than give a long, thought out explanation as to why I think Reclamation is better, I'll just say naming ourselves Supremacy sounds like we're trying to make up for other inadequacy.

Compensating for something rather?

Gargoyle
10-31-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm compensating for the size of my ego, so I vote the R one.