PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars VII

bazongaman502
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Yup, it is true...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015

MedeDust
10-30-2012, 04:31 PM
What the hell? This better be an amazing sequel.

VerbotenDonkey
10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't like it. Disney better not try to inject themselves into the Star Wars universe.

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 04:43 PM
If i see Darth Mickey Mouse im going to kill someone <_<

Rokkman X
10-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I think we all would jug.

Fuzzy
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
This better not be a child cartoon...

Sicarioano
10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
GAY IDEA IS GAY. Star Wars should be left alone, they'll probably just make the series bad then just ruin my childhood.

Silko
10-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Well don't think they can fuck up worse then Lucas did

silversleek
10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Disney
what r u doing?
Disney
Stahp

GhostHammer
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
If i see Darth Mickey Mouse im going to kill someone <_<

Select your target my friend...

http://www.figures.com/forums/attachments/news/8786d1278949494-disney-star-wars-series-4-1alldisneywars.jpg

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
If they do it right I won't complain.....but if it's just for money then shit won't be pretty.

Maxdoggy
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Select your target my friend...

http://www.figures.com/forums/attachments/news/8786d1278949494-disney-star-wars-series-4-1alldisneywars.jpg

...where is my flamethrower?

Sgt Omall3y
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Disney owns star wars.

Also pixar and marvel.
Thoughts?
( Source : http://www.businessinsider.com/disney-buys-lucasfilm-for-4-billion-2012-10)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM
You must've missed it, this has already been brought up.

http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8060-Star-Wars-VII

Maxdoggy
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Merged threads.

CHECK BEFORE YOU POST A NEW TOPIC!

Thanks,

FC Management.

Silent Arbiter1
10-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Halo> Star Wars

Juggernaut9473
10-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Halo> Star Wars

hey now, starwars was awesome, but with what they did with forward unto dawn, i would really like to see a halo movie now

Rokkman X
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I think the 2 universes are comparable in awesomeness. They just started out in different mediums.
Halo definitely can, and has proven it would be successful to, cross into film.
Star wars has done well in crossing into games, Rogue Squadron and Battlefront come to mind.
Either way they're both awesome.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Halo & Star Wars are hands down the 2 best Sci Fi series out there. It's just Star Wars was our parents generation & Halo is ours.

Anyways yea, Star Wars VII...if they do it right I can totally get into it.

KazuhLLL
10-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Halo & Star Wars are hands down the 2 best Sci Fi series out there. It's just Star Wars was our parents generation & Halo is ours.

Anyways yea, Star Wars VII...if they do it right I can totally get into it.

All of this. :)

LyricsMode
10-31-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69442

Sorry if already posted. I searched around a bit for it, I'm outraged by this and figured this'd be a good place to discuss this pathetic cash cow franchise.

Silko
10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah it has already been posted. Can we get another forum merger? Also on the whole subject lets not be so quick to judge. This could be a positive thing. Lucas has been butt fucking stars for the last 20 years

MedeDust
10-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Merged

LyricsMode
10-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah it has already been posted. Can we get another forum merger? Also on the whole subject lets not be so quick to judge. This could be a positive thing. Lucas has been butt fucking stars for the last 20 years

But they could also fuck up the perception of the original episodes.

Silko
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
As for Ep 7 that is coming out, it has been said they are going with a story that has not yet been told so odds are we will not be getting Thrawn or several of the other major story arches in this movie. We have no time line of how far after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star they are taking this. So everyone just clam down. Remember Disney also owns Marvel and we can all see how well they have done with Iron Man, Capt America and of course the Avengers. Let us save our judgement for when we get some real concrete info. Anything we hear in the next half of a year to a year can be changed 3/4 times.

- - - Updated - - -

But they could also fuck up the perception of the original episodes.

I really doubt they will do anything to the original eps beyond what Lucas has already done. Hell they could go back and fix some shit like the whole "Han shot first" deal. Remember Disney has been connected for some time with Star Wars ie Star Tours and marketing. The marketing team will know there would be a major outcry if they started to mess with the old series for no reason like Lucas did.

Nocte
10-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Halo & Star Wars are hands down the 2 best Sci Fi series out there.

In current media, yes. Out there, as in out of all of the sci-fi ever written or created? No.

Go read the Foundation series by Issac Asimov. He not only wrote sci-fi, but was an actual Physicist aswell.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and I love Halo. But they are not on the top of the list for sci-fi.

Silko
10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
In current media, yes. Out there, as in out of all of the sci-fi ever written or created? No.

Go read the Foundation series by Issac Asimov. He not only wrote sci-fi, but was an actual Physicist aswell.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and I love Halo. But they are not on the top of the list for sci-fi.

I would agree on the Halo thing but Star Wars is definitely on the top 5 list of greatest Sci Fi ever. I would personally put it as number 1. It has one of the largest communities and the fact that it was created over 40 years ago and is still the massive power house it is today speaks wonders about it. Lucas has re-released the first 3 Star Wars movies several times and has made billions off of it.

LyricsMode
10-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I would agree on the Halo thing but Star Wars is definitely on the top 5 list of greatest Sci Fi ever. I would personally put it as number 1. It has one of the largest communities and the fact that it was created over 40 years ago and is still the massive power house it is today speaks wonders about it. Lucas has re-released the first 3 Star Wars movies several times and has made billions off of it.

TBH, he could've never re-released them and they'd still be a powerhouse and still be making him millions of dollars, based off all the spinoffs, games, toys.

The prequels aren't that bad, either. They're not as good as the originals, but they serve there purpose. So that got Star wars back on the map to a whole new generation.

Btw, Han shooting first is in the 2006 Re-release. Didn't know that.

Bodaciousbaconn
10-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Like Silko said, Disney owns Marvel, and they're still doing a great job with the Avengers and such. I really have no worry about this at all, at least, not until we get some solid info on what the story arc will be. I really hope Mark Hamill gets to appear as Grand Master Skywalker.

xXReiBearXx
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Disney's soul purpose is to take over the world starting with Marvel and Star Wars....

Graycochea
11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Disney's soul purpose is to take over the world starting with Marvel and Star Wars....

Naw, they took over the world decades ago with the invention of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.

I was not stoked for this idea until last night. I was at the Halo 4 launch(yes, this shit actually happened) and I stumbled upon a chill bro. We got to talking and blew through like 20 topics from halo to bronys to Star Wars.

Basically, I wasn't for this(Disney taking over Star Wars). Then, he brought it to my attention that they did all the GOOD Marvel movies(every Marvel movie after Spider-Man 3).

After that, I think maybe I'll give them a shot. I loved the Marvel movies, also they did the remake of Fright Night with Colin Farrel. I loved that movie. Never would have known if I didn't stay til the end and watch the credits.

So yeah TL;DR: I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of Marvel and Fright Night.

Drth spartan
05-04-2014, 10:13 AM
STAR WARS episode 7 will be directed by jj Abrams and the cast has been anounced

Breezy
05-04-2014, 11:50 AM
The Star Wars story was fine enough as it is. The story is over: Darth Vader is dead, Lord Sidious is dead, and everyone had a party after. War is over, what the fuck is next?

Silko
05-04-2014, 01:22 PM
The Star Wars story was fine enough as it is. The story is over: Darth Vader is dead, Lord Sidious is dead, and everyone had a party after. War is over, what the fuck is next?

Welcome to the Extended Universe. Where Han's son becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith, Chewy dies and much more.

Silko
05-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I know double post

So what we know so far

Cast:

http://starwars.com/img/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James.

The old cast will of course be playing the same roles. We are missing Billy Dee Williams who played Lando Calrissian. John Williams will be return as the composer. As for the new cast, Adam Driver is rumored to be the main villain, Daisy Ridley being the only other female in the cast with Carrie Fisher, is said to play Han and Leia's daughter. No idea if they will be doing the Solo Twins.

The Story:

This will be set about 20-30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi. That's pretty much all the info that is out there atm.

Will do my best to update as more info comes out

Graycochea
05-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the Extended Universe. Where Han's son becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith, Chewy dies and much more.

The Extended Universe after Return is no longer canon. Technically, none of that stuff ever happened.

Silko
05-04-2014, 02:59 PM
The Extended Universe after Return is no longer canon. Technically, none of that stuff ever happened.

Well now. But they have stated that they will continue the EU in Legands

silversleek
05-04-2014, 04:13 PM

yeah and "technically" none of the star wars games are canon either, but at the very least i'll always consider KOTOR 1+2, republic commando, and force unleashed 1+2 canon.

Graycochea
05-04-2014, 07:02 PM
yeah and "technically" none of the star wars games are canon either, but at the very least i'll always consider KOTOR 1+2, republic commando, and force unleashed 1+2 canon.

Whoa man. No need to get your jimmies in a twist. I was just relaying what Disney said. Calm down. Also, all that stuff happened before Return, so it can be whatever you want it to be.

Silko
05-04-2014, 11:43 PM
ATM, the only things that are canon are:

Eps 1-6
The Clone Wars Cartoon
Star Wars: The Old Republic and it's connected games KOTOR 1/2. The next Star Wars Content that will be canon is the new cartoon Star Wars: Rebels. There there will be 4 books before the new movie that will be apart of the canon.

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/p480x480/10246829_1015238551588371 3_5659103016306577049_n.j pg

Silko
06-02-2014, 01:10 PM
http://starwars.com/img/news/lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie.jpg

Lupita Nyong'o joins the recently announced cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. This year, her breakthrough performance in 12 Years a Slave earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Gwendoline Christie, currently starring in the hit television series Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth, has also been cast in the production. She can next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII," says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

-Starwars.com

Well JJ finally added more female cast members.