PDA

View Full Version : FC: IRC

Rokkman X
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Does FC have an IRC? That would be pretty cool to have for just chatting if we're not on the site.
There can be a global channel and one for each army.
They would have to be password protected though.

Metkil5685
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
This has always been a topic of discussion pertaining to the website development. I personally think an actual IRC would not go over very well, however a similar we tried once was the Shoutbox. A lot of people enjoyed the shoutbox and it was very active, on the contrast however there quite a few people who did not like it because it took away from forum activity at the same time. This is something I can bring tonight to the website development team during the maintenance tonight and see what they have to say.

MedeDust
11-01-2012, 11:17 AM
This has always been a topic of discussion pertaining to the website development. I personally think an actual IRC would not go over very well, however a similar we tried once was the Shoutbox. A lot of people enjoyed the shoutbox and it was very active, on the contrast however there quite a few people who did not like it because it took away from forum activity at the same time. This is something I can bring tonight to the website development team during the maintenance tonight and see what they have to say. Website development team? You and Myth? :P

Metkil5685
11-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Website development team? You and Myth? :P

And you technically. :P

But yea, I don't make any crazy website changes such as this idea without first running it by Myth, and he does the same back to me.

MedeDust
11-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Cute<3