PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler! AC3 question

iFurrious
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
So when Connor first meets Achilles, he shows Connor a wall of photos of the Templars, and Connor says his father will have to die. How does Connor know that Haytham is his father? I don't remember it ever coming up?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I dont remember it coming up either. I looked over it as a plot hole.

Metkil5685
11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I think this stems back into how native americans were able to identify and know each other on a personal level. Just so it didn't seem like a plothole, I think he saw that he had similar facial features and structure to identify Haytham as his father. Also, Connor's mother said that she tried to teach him the opposite of what his father was, so he also most likely knows his father by name. Put the two together and you have the ability to identify his father.

MedeDust
11-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Metkil is a smart guy.

iFurrious
11-02-2012, 12:38 AM
I think this stems back into how native americans were able to identify and know each other on a personal level. Just so it didn't seem like a plothole, I think he saw that he had similar facial features and structure to identify Haytham as his father. Also, Connor's mother said that she tried to teach him the opposite of what his father was, so he also most likely knows his father by name. Put the two together and you have the ability to identify his father.

If that is true, I wish they would of showed it somehow, because it was unclear to me. Like when he sees Haytham's picture for the first time, maybe he could ask Achilles if that is his father or show him realizing it was his father. I thought maybe Achilles told Connor that Haytham was his father when he sat Connor down to tell him about the Assassins. I don't know. Also instead of just skipping that story with Connor, I wish we heard what Achilles told him. Like I would of love to hear Achilles maybe talk about how the Assassins started out in America and stuff like that.

Metkil5685
11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
If that is true, I wish they would of showed it somehow, because it was unclear to me. Like when he sees Haytham's picture for the first time, maybe he could ask Achilles if that is his father or show him realizing it was his father. I thought maybe Achilles told Connor that Haytham was his father when he sat Connor down to tell him about the Assassins. I don't know. Also instead of just skipping that story with Connor, I wish we heard what Achilles told him. Like I would of love to hear Achilles maybe talk about how the Assassins started out in America and stuff like that.

Do remember, Haytham's name was written out underneath his picture. But yea they could have cleared that up a lot better.

iFurrious
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Do remember, Haytham's name was written out underneath his picture. But yea they could have cleared that up a lot better.

That is true but would Connor even be able to reconize him by his name? Correct me if I am wrong, but they never show Connor as a kid being called by the name Kenway, right? Just as Ratonhnhaké:ton. So would Connor even know his/his father's last name. And if not, then he wouldn't be able to tell Haytham was his father by his name. I don't know, for some reason it really threw me off guard.

Vestige
11-02-2012, 02:24 AM
I believe his mother told him. Though he may not know his face, but I am sure he knows his name. btw on Sequence 8.

MedeDust
11-02-2012, 02:31 AM
The story was very well designed that should be enough to cover simple loop holes.

iFurrious
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh, I just realized this. I was looking back at gameplay of when Connor was a kid. When you first meet Connor, he is reading a book that he then hides from his mother. It looks like the same book as the one Haytham was writing on the ship. Maybe that is how Connor knows of his dad and that he is a Templar?