PDA

View Full Version : Forerunner and A.I.s

Graycochea
11-02-2012, 02:41 AM
So, I would like to know where I can learn as much as possible about the Forerunner and their A.I.s before Halo 4 comes out. Where do I look to find this stuff. And I'm not googling it. Because I want to actually play the games or read the books. I'm playing through H3 tomorrow to find the Terminals and I'm getting Cryptum, Primordium, and Glasslands in the mail tomorrow.

And where did everyone learn about the Didact and his symbol because apparently at the end of the trailer for H4 everyone knew the Didact(whoever that is) would be in the game.

Please, no spoilers. Just books to read, games to play, etc.

Thanks all. K Bye.

Ichyban
11-02-2012, 02:54 AM
I can answer the Didact question. all id have to say rly is read cryptum and primordium

Graycochea
11-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Cool. Thanks Ichyban. So is that where people learned what his symbol looked like?

Also, important to semi-important A.I.'s particularly Mendicant Bias. Anyone? This one is still up for grabs. Thanks guys.

KazuhLLL
11-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Cool. Thanks Ichyban. So is that where people learned what his symbol looked like?

Also, important to semi-important A.I.'s particularly Mendicant Bias. Anyone? This one is still up for grabs. Thanks guys.

As far as I know, people are just assuming it's his symbol. I've read Cryptum, Primordium, Glasslands, and The Thursday War and I dont think it describes his symbol anywhere but there are (very) strong references to whats going to be happening in Halo 4.

EDIT: Oh, and I believe Mendicate Bias is mostly in Cryptum and Primordium.

Graycochea
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I literally just opened the package containing Cryptum and Primordium 30 seconds ago. I will read them today after beating Halo 3.

Nocte
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
The Didact's symbol is in the Halo 3 Terminals, along with the Librarians, and even the Gravemind's!

Anyway, the symbol in the trailers is the Didact's symbol turned upside down and red. We are used to seeing it turned right side up and blue. However 343 did release the information that the Didact's symbol in Halo 4 is flipped upside down and red because he has gone into an active war state :p

If I were you I'd spend from time on Halopedia, but becareful there are a lot of spoilers! Such as Halo 4's plotline :(

Juggernaut9473
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Then why would you suggest it :(

Nocte
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Then why would you suggest it :(

Cause it's a great source for info, just make sure you aren't reading things you don't want to :p

Graycochea
11-04-2012, 03:38 PM
SPOILER ALERT! (More or less.)

I actually just sort of read Cryptum and Primordium instead. They were amazing. Greg Bear is a beast. However, at the end of Primordium I was like "WHAT THE FUCK?!?" Soooo, what the fuck guys. Can anyone explain that shit to me?

It won't be spoiling it for me cause I've read them, seen the H3 terminals and rewatched the Anni terminals.

Now I get where the Didact and his symbol and the Librarian and everything. I thought they were A.I.'s but I was wrong. So, yeah explain to me the end of Primordium. Was that a way to just shoehorn Spark back into the series or was it a legitimate thing.

Best twist ending of any entertainment media I've ever encountered. Better than Bruce Willis being a ghost at the end of The Sixth Sense. SPOILER ALERT!

Specact
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.halopedia.org

That website is pretty helpful.

Graycochea
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
So wait. I thought that what they had on their ship was the monitor of Installation 07?

I think Halopedia is wrong.

Jam Cliché
11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Here's a basic timeline of relevant Halo information for Halo 4. Obviously a ton more stuff is involved, but it covers some AI origins, and the twist ending of Primordium.

Maxdoggy
11-13-2012, 09:33 PM
There are some inconsistencies regarding the specifics of certain events, but that graph is mostly accurate.

silversleek
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
There are some inconsistencies regarding the specifics of certain events, but that graph is mostly accurate.

Also some pretty obvious mistakes, like them saying the precursers made the halos..

Jam Cliché
11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Also some pretty obvious mistakes, like them saying the precursers made the halos..
True, but fortunately context provides the correct answer - they simply meant to put forerunner rather than precursor.