PDA

View Full Version : Loadouts

Graycochea
11-02-2012, 04:34 AM
So, loadouts will be a thing in H4 and I would bet something I own that someone has already brought up this idea, but what the heck.

What if we had FC loadouts for each map? 5 loadouts like Sniper, Demolitions, Marksman, Infantry, Medic, or something snazzy like that.

I can see this working for 2 reasons:

1. People can choose roles like we(BLUEs) already try to do, but then actually carry out that role by choosing the corresponding loadout.

2. When forging the maps, the Forge Director *cough* Myth *cough* doesn't have to litter randomly spread out guns all around the place. There could be 1 sniper, 1 demolition, 2 marksman, 3 infantry, and 1 medic.

No need for randomly scattered artillery because people would die and respawn with more ammo. Also, you could limit the amount of ammo each loadout had 4-6 rockets, 12-16 sniper rounds, etc. Naturally the higher ups would decide the ammo limits.

If someone decided to break the rule and take the wrong loadout they could be punished somehow or something, haven't figured that out, also for higher ups.

Maybe there could be like loadouts that could be bought for Vcash(if we're still going to use that system) which would show the change the people wanted to physically see Vcash being spent on with like the artillery strike idea or the one where all the vehicles don't spawn on one side.

This would also help because people wouldn't have to worry about where guns are on the map all the time.

We could at least see if it works in the Beta War.

TL;DR: Loadouts, experiment with that shit.

Rokkman X
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't think spawning with power weapons would be a good idea. Weapons on a map help control the ebb and flow of players on a map, and may lead you to an area where you would never go had the particular gun not been there.

As for different loadouts that the players can choose, I think the best way for now would to be to continue in a Reachy sort of way, where you pick them from a screen at the start of each match. Instead of using the Infinity settings. That way if one thing in particular is being used a little to much, or is a bit broken, we can easily update the GameType loadouts to accomodate it, it will also save us the bitch of a hassle it would be to unlock ALL the weapons. This is a war sim, not manage your loadouts with fake in game money. Our Army supplies our armaments.

Sgt Omall3y
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Wish we could just get rid of load outs like in H3.

Spawn with power weapons= bad idea.
Punishment wouldnt work then you got to go in to forge for every complaint.
How do u know who gets which class and if the sniper dosnt show up 2 the battle.

My thoughts

VerbotenDonkey
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
While I do like the idea, in reality it would be terrible. If Invasion proved anything, it was a BAD idea to spawn with Power Weapons. The War Council has been discussing LoadOuts for the Halo 4 Era, however we can't decide anything until we actually get our hands on Halo 4 and can figure out all the Settings to know what we can work with. I do think it would be cool to have a Marksman loadout with DMRs and a Scout Loadout with ARs perhaps, but we might even let people decide on their own loadouts. Like I said, we don't know the customability yet with Custom Game Loadouts. Also, I hope we can at least name pre-set Loadouts, instead of using the ones that they give us. I know you can for Infinity Slayer, with your private loadouts, but I hope you can for Custom Game loadouts as well.

MedeDust
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Do we even know what we can pick for loadouts? To me, it doesnt seem like they would let you spawn with something too overpowering.

VerbotenDonkey
11-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Do we even know what we can pick for loadouts? To me, it doesnt seem like they would let you spawn with something too overpowering.

Not for private Infinity Loadouts, but for customs you can spawn with whatever you want (if it's enforced for everyone), like in Reach we could have made a Rocket Launcher class if we wanted to.

Rokkman X
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Primaries are; (P= Promethean)
AR, BR, DMR, Storm Rifle (Plasma Rifle), Light Rifle (PDMR), Covie Carbine, Suppressor (PAR),
Secondaries are;
Magnum, Plasma Pistol, Boltshot
Nades
Frag, Plasma, Pulse
AA's
P Vision, Thruster Pack, Hologram, Jet Pack, Hardlight Shield, Active Camouflage, Autosentry, Regeneration Field
Tactical Package
Support Package

KazuhLLL
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I'd really like it if we could choose our own loadouts. I mean, we'd definitely need some preset ones for those that havent yet unlocked what they want, but I think those who have their loadouts how they want them should be able to use them. Coming up with classes/roles for each person should be up to each individual squad (in my opinion).

Some presets could be along the lines of:

Marksman
Primary: DMR
Secondary: Magnum
Armor Ability: Thruster Pack
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Tactical Package: Mobility

Scout
Primary: BR
Secondary: Magnum
Armor Ability: Promethean Vision
Support Upgrade: Sensor
Tactical Package: AA Efficiency

Tank
Primary: AR
Secondary: Boltshot
Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield
Support Upgrade: Ammo
Tactical Package: Shield

Medic/Support
Primary: Suppressor
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Armor Ability: Regeneration Field
Support Upgrade: Drop Recon
Tactical Package: AA Efficiency

Bruiser
Primary: Suppressor
Secondary: Boltshot
Armor Ability: Autosentry
Support Upgrade: Explosives
Tactical Package: Resupply

GhostHammer
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Loadouts wont allow you to spawn with Power Weapons, that's what Ordnance is for. The point of the new system is for people to play to their style and give them as best as edge towards their strengths as possible. Cutting that out of the wars would be taking one of the greatest things that's changed in Multi so far.

KazuhLLL
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Loadouts wont allow you to spawn with Power Weapons, that's what Ordnance is for. The point of the new system is for people to play to their style and give them as best as edge towards their strengths as possible. Cutting that out of the wars would be taking one of the greatest things that's changed in Multi so far.

Agreed. :)

Mythonian
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
We will definitely be experimenting with things (that's the whole point of the Beta War).

I've got a couple ideas for loadouts, and KazuhLLL was exceptionally close to what I had in mind.

As everyone has said above, spawning with power weapons is usually not a good thing, and is almost certainly not something on the table we are really considering at the moment (but once H4 launches, who knows what will happen).