PDA

View Full Version : Precision Weapon of Choice

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-07-2012, 09:55 PM
So this is a very hot topic among Halo fans. Traditionally Halo games have only 2 precision weapons. But with Halo 4 we have a much larger selection to choose from. So let's debate. Which one do you like the most and prefer to play with?

I personally choose the Carbine, and I have since Halo 2 & 3. Back then it's because I always felt it was much more accurate that the BR. But even now with the DMR which is vastly more accurate I still like the Carbine because of it's high fire rate. In my opinion I feel like that most players are used to the traditional UNSC precision weapons and the rate at which they fire. But when they run across someone with a gun that shoots faster than them it throws them off a little and provides a slight intimidation factor. Whether that's true or not I don't know. But I still like how it shoots the fastest.

Maxdoggy
11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Haven't touched the Carbine in multiplayer yet. Love the DMR over the BR though.

Yehsus
11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Looking like DMR for me. Lightrifle a close second.

Fuzzy
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
DMR.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I haven't unlocked the lightrifle for myself yet. But I did pick it up off the ground once and immediately got a triple kill with it :)

silversleek
11-07-2012, 10:16 PM
just from campaign, definitely the light rifle. All the forerunner weapons are infinitely better than their human or covenant counterparts IMO.

Lol its James
11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm rocking the BR, always pick up the DMR when I see it on the floor tho, I like having the two choices at my disposable :)

OPOC1L1PSE
11-07-2012, 10:25 PM
It's the BR for me. Fuckin love the thing :D

VerbotenDonkey
11-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Assault Rifle.

Fiery Grave
11-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Assault Rifle.

What this man said

as those who remember me back in H3 I was big advocate of the AR... fucking amazing in this game too.. almost as beautiful as the 60 round clip of halo 1's AR

Blackhawk570
11-08-2012, 01:28 AM
DMR is my baby for this game.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Carbine is my favorite thus far. The gun is actually useful and can hold its own like it did in Halo 2 before they patched the BR. The carbine was awesome in the Halo 3 beta and they nerfed it so badly in the final game that it was useless and forgotten.

The DMR is still an awesome counterpart and I'm glad to see it back :)

The BR is lame, feels so under-powered and sounds fucking stupid. Might as well make the sound for it actually say "Pew-Pew-Pew" >_>

MedeDust
11-08-2012, 06:42 AM
They ruined yhe br but it will forever be my special treasure.

Rokkman X
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
The AR feels awesome! But for my precision needs, it's gonna be the DMR. The BR seems to work better for closer range though.

bazongaman502
11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
not a big fan of the BR... everyone complained how the DMR sucked compared to the BR, but i see more DMRs being used compared to the BR....

more ammo for me :D

Also:

BR = Made and best for close range
DMR = Made and best at mid-long range

Juggernaut9473
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Carbine, rapid fire it and its still accurate as hell

PhoenixPrime
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I only use DMR on the most open maps. Otherwise, I use the BR. I'll likely switch to the LR when I earn it, as it offers the most options. They're all balanced though. The DMR and BR kill people at the exact same rate. Whichever one just feels better in your hands is the one that should be used.

Reaper
11-08-2012, 03:40 PM
isn't the pistol a precision weaon since it has scope and headshot capability? then again the prometheon pistol has headshot capability as well.....

Silko
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
DMR.

Specact
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Definitely the DMR but, for those close range engagements I'll take the carbine or light rifle over the BR.

Raider0614
11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
All about that Magnum.

Bodaciousbaconn
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Boltshot. I got a Triple Kill on Haven this morning using the Charge feature.

But my favorite by far is the Carbine. So much win.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
My favorite to use is the Battle Rifle; however, sadly the DMR mops up everything . . . at every range. It isn't as difficult to 5 shot as I thought they were going to make it.

My absolute favorite weapon to use is the Assault Rifle though, just so satisfying when you mop up multiple kills with it haha. And in my opinion, it sounds the most bad ass of every weapon in the game. While it's a 16sk again, it still doesn't really get the job done on most maps :/ I wish it was just a bit more accurate, NOT POWERFUL, should stay as a 16 shot, nothing more, nothing less, but I feel like they should decrease the bloom, or make it more manageable while burst firing, you can't burst it was well as in Reach, but the weapon is definitely better than its Reach counter part. Regardless, I still mop up AR users with a BR and DMR at ranges the AR should win, but we'll see.

I'm pretty sure 343 will begin to re-balance the guns for the first Title Update. The BR needs to be a 12sk instead of 13, so it can kill in 4 bursts (therefore making it better at range against the DMR), the DMR should stay the same, and I hope that the bloom for the AR can be decreased, that's all that I feel needs to be fixed. Literally, the balance in this game feels superb (not perfect, but definitely better than Reach).

KazuhLLL
11-09-2012, 01:58 AM
DMR all the way for me. The BR and the Carbine are both a tad too inaccurate for my tastes, and the Light Rifle sounds good in theory but it just feels really clunky IMO. The AR is a boss though. :gun1:

Nocte
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I personally prefer the BR over the DMR for medium range, the DMR over the BR for long, and of course the AR up close. Which is exactly how they wanted things to be. So ya....

OzzyIzSick
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
BR + DMR combo, game over.

BloodxFangz
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
So this is a very hot topic among Halo fans. Traditionally Halo games have only 2 precision weapons. But with Halo 4 we have a much larger selection to choose from. So let's debate. Which one do you like the most and prefer to play with?

I personally choose the Carbine, and I have since Halo 2 & 3. Back then it's because I always felt it was much more accurate that the BR. But even now with the DMR which is vastly more accurate I still like the Carbine because of it's high fire rate. In my opinion I feel like that most players are used to the traditional UNSC precision weapons and the rate at which they fire. But when they run across someone with a gun that shoots faster than them it throws them off a little and provides a slight intimidation factor. Whether that's true or not I don't know. But I still like how it shoots the fastest.

i can agree with basically all of this, the carbine is good but i always have preferred the BR its like my baby but i have to say the light rifle is a close second for me with the carbine in third but I've been with my BR too long to give it up now and truth be told i suck without it and i was disappointed when they didn't have it for reach but i lived with the DMR.

Legit
11-13-2012, 03:47 AM
Looking like DMR for me. Lightrifle a close second.

Salvanous
11-13-2012, 04:21 AM
First off, I can say that I frankly think the Light Rifle is an evil gun in the right hands, but frankly, I don't care for it's targeting, so I don't use it. The question of what gun you choose is actually very much a question of really not what gun you favor, but what gun is appropriate for the person you are fighting. Let me clarify, not appropriate for the situation, but appropriate for the OPPONENT.

You go with headshots with the DMR, and you can pop their shields but you need to get another headshot before you kill them. This means if your opponent is smart then of course they will find a way to get out of dodge, and find a way to come back. DMR is appropriate if you are going more up against people who are either dumb enough to go into killzones, or are already weak.

The Battle Rifle, is the gun you use to take down people who you believe are runners. The lethal shot with the BR takes down their shield and gives that lovely little hole. It's less accurate sure, but in the amount of site lines that you have in the game, and will have, it's basically a given that a BR will be your friend more often than not.

The pistol is also great, don't get me wrong, but the large reticle, and less accuracy means that odds are you aren't going to be on equal footing with the other guys, unless you pick up dexterity as one of your perks, I'm betting on the guy with one of the rifles.

The Carbine is good, and while it may have a greater rate of fire, it's also weaker, in firefights between someone, specially smarter opponents, I think you will want the gun that has the higher firepower even with a few less shots. It's less to think about instead of spamming the right trigger and allows you more time to think of what to do next.

With all that said, I personally prefer the DMR, but I never let myself get so comfortable with it that I refuse to use the BR, I switch it up because I know that when wars start, the BR is what will more often than not be the weapon to use.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Is anyone else sick and tired of how you can be sprinting full tilt out of danger only to have one single bullet hit you and bring you down to a crawl? Shit is annoying as hell. Doesn't even begin to make sense either. If I got shot in the back, I should be pushed forward not slowed down to the point where a snail could outrun me.

I change my weapon based on the map. Close quarters map? BR/AR. Mid to long range map? DMR/Carbine.

And that boltshot is way overpowered. The range needs to reduced, the shotgun gets less range than that gun :S

Asphyxiated
11-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Generally I prefer the BR. But I do take the DMR in bigger maps, no doubt it is far superior at longer range.

KazuhLLL
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Is anyone else sick and tired of how you can be sprinting full tilt out of danger only to have one single bullet hit you and bring you down to a crawl? Shit is annoying as hell. Doesn't even begin to make sense either. If I got shot in the back, I should be pushed forward not slowed down to the point where a snail could outrun me.

I change my weapon based on the map. Close quarters map? BR/AR. Mid to long range map? DMR/Carbine.

And that boltshot is way overpowered. The range needs to reduced, the shotgun gets less range than that gun :S

I <3 the Boltshot.

MorAlbell
11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Haven't decided yet honestly.I'm not consistently comfortable with any precision weapon yet.

I've used the DMR the most but that last dam shot when their shields pop i just cant quite get consistently yet.

Deaf
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I like rocking the DMR as well. The fact that it is hitscan is absolutely huge in a battle. I've killed people who have BRs and then been able to sidestep their own bullets because they have travel time and mine doesn't. I also like the light rifle because I like its reticle and it's incredibly powerful if you can get one scoped shot in.

MorAlbell
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Ive Decided! DMR is my baby hahahah

Blackhawk570
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Ive Decided! DMR is my baby hahahah

Dam straight.

Rokkman X
11-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Dam straight.
Word

Yehsus
11-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Word

Yuuuup.

Silent Arbiter1
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Binary Rifle/ DMR

Lil Nawty Lucia
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM
I change weapons a lot, but I am trying to max out dmr/br/magnum really quick. Plus I really love Swat with my Magnum STC.

Guzzie
11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
From the ones listed, it would be silly to no choose the DMR.

MedeDust
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM
You're the silly one.

Raider0614
11-21-2012, 05:15 PM
The Assault Rifle is my precision weapon.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM

What does it matter to you? You could out DMR somebody with a plasma pistol :rock:

LyricsMode
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm going to stick with my trusty, wetwork only, Gold and Black DMR. Hehe.

Coda
11-21-2012, 08:16 PM
What does it matter to you? You could out DMR somebody with a plasma pistol :rock:
You're right. He could. But can he EMP someone with a DMR?