PDA

View Full Version : No Random Drops or Ordnance Drops

Rokkman X
11-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Title says it all. I'd like for the random weapon drops and ordnance drops to be omitted from FC maps and game types.
The reason for this is the same reason why we don't play team fiesta slayer very often. Random weapon drops and ordnance can get out of hand.
An example of this is a recent game of Infinity Slayer that we had. Towards the middle of the game, our team had 4 Spartan lasers on the ground, I don't know about you guys but that seems a little broken to me. If a team is able to get their hands on those, then it is feasible that it can and will be done with rocket launchers, sniper rifles and shotguns.
This was a fairly one sided game though.
It may also make forging new maps for FC a little easier.
What do you think?

PhoenixPrime
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
We have the ability to decide which weapons drop, and what the chances are for each drop. This is being debated in the war council, but I am fairly certain Splasers will be low on the drop list.

bazongaman502
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
^

I like the random drops, gives a twist to the game

Nocte
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
With the rate at which you can kill someone in Halo 4 having a team using Splasers can't be very efficient. I mean sure you can clear any enemy vehicles out quickly, but I don't see you surviving long enough.

Reaper
11-08-2012, 03:36 PM
the prome sniper should be out since its a one shot ko

H2O Yordle
11-08-2012, 03:38 PM
If you can set what the drops are it will be fine. Certain gametypes like CTF shouldnt have them.

bazongaman502
11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
the prome sniper should be out since its a one shot ko

true, but it shows a red line when you are aiming down site. So it is powerful, but it is easily dodged if you are paying attention. It can easily be beat. We cant drop something because one thing is powerful. Thats like taking rockets out of it as well because it blows up vehicals.

Rokkman X
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
It's less about Splazers and more about the strong getting and staying stronger.

Maxdoggy
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
This is what the Beta War is for, Rokkman. We will be trying every possible idea on game variants, so if you (or anyone else) has more ideas for us to try out, let us know so we can test 'em out! :)

Silko
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM
What max said. We can hammer out the details during the beta war. I personally see the random weapons making the game more push and pull. Instead of one team dominating the weapon spawns a losing team can get lucky and get some momentum. Plus power weapons are not as big in this game (in my experience so far) as they where on Halo 3 and Reach.

PhoenixPrime
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
It's less about Splazers and more about the strong getting and staying stronger.

Most drops, I imagine, will be sidegrades, not upgrades. Obviously I think it will be possible to get some more powerful stuff in the drops, but what if we put the biggest drops on the map that always spawn, and prevent them from spawning as a personal ordinance. The rest can be acquired through personal ordinance.

The Beta War will test out all possibilities. So far, each weapon itself seems balanced in context, but the acquisition rates are the biggest thing we need to adjust.

H2O Yordle
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
true, but it shows a red line when you are aiming down site. So it is powerful, but it is easily dodged if you are paying attention. It can easily be beat. We cant drop something because one thing is powerful. Thats like taking rockets out of it as well because it blows up vehicals.

Its like the Predators from AvP!

xXReiBearXx
11-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I will have to agree with Rokkman. This game is based on character leveling and unlocking weapons ad abilities ect... Some people will be lower ranked and therefore not have abilities and weapons as others. I do hope by time the war starts up everyone will be around the same level. We don't want either sides to be too over powered.

bazongaman502
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I will have to agree with Rokkman. This game is based on character leveling and unlocking weapons ad abilities ect... Some people will be lower ranked and therefore not have abilities and weapons as others. I do hope by time the war starts up everyone will be around the same level. We don't want either sides to be too over powered.

I agree, however the game is well balanced. Like a person that can be the highest rank can lose to a person who just started playing in a fair fight. Nothing is overpowerd in the game that i see other then the SAW, but even at that, its not bad

silversleek
11-08-2012, 08:32 PM
So far from what i've seen, the guns really don't take all that long to unlock. After my second campaign mission I was able to unlock 3 things... And i haven't even touched wargames yet.

xXReiBearXx
11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
So far from what i've seen, the guns really don't take all that long to unlock. After my second campaign mission I was able to unlock 3 things... And i haven't even touched wargames yet.

Some people don't have time to play as much as those who can therefore it might take others longer than that. It might not be that serious though but still something to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people don't have time to play as much as those who can therefore it might take others longer than that. It might not be that serious though but still something to consider.

VerbotenDonkey
11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
We'll most likely be testing both options via Beta War and see which ones best and that most people prefer.

Silko
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Just playing in Forge gives you a couple hundred points. I think we will be fine when it comes to unlocks. At lvl 12 you can have most armor abils, 3 of the 4 precision weapons and access to both packages. Plus if squads are practicing like they should, they will unlock things just fine. If it really becomes an issue I'm sure we can ether A) Create basic loadouts that you can choose from along with your own custom loadouts or B) Just make create loadouts like we did in reach and just use those. Personally I think we should go with plan A in the first place.

Nocte
11-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Going off of what Silko said before about weapon spawns and not being able to control power weapons. It really gives the game a more level playing field. Before if the enemy team managed to grab all of the power weapons it was a rapefest. Now it can be counter acted and I like that. I'm not a top tier high skilled player.

On the notion of abilities and weapons you can put into your loadouts. Who cares? I could easily play without my AA and the other two things you can put on your Spartan. (Forget what they are called.) Besides leveling in this game is easy, you can play for a few days and get most of the weapons and upgrades as is. I believe that who has what or what level people are is irrelevant to how a player plays. Those things are just added bonuses, not key components.

However I would say to keep the drops as they are, I rarely see anything being put on the field OP. The only OP game I played was when the enemy team snuck around and stole our Mantis. We were already fighting a neck and neck battle, but when they grabbed that we just got crushed.