PDA

View Full Version : capital battles=dominion?

silversleek
11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
It's probably too late to start this for this war, but i think That for future wars we should build a specific dominion map for each side. It makes sense that the capital would be more fortified, so shields, turrets, ect. seem like they'd fit.

thoughts?

Silko
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I like it

Nocte
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I like the idea, but we'd have to go in and forge things to make the actual bases much more fortified. To be honest the turrets in Dominion as they are, are really shitty. They can easily be taken out with a few BR or DMR rounds from a distance and AR's make short work of them up close. Not to mention they take awhile to lock on when in it's firing range. I personally think they should add the Forerunner Turret from the Campaign into Dominion. That would be a pretty decent defense mechanism.

Silko
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I like the idea, but we'd have to go in and forge things to make the actual bases much more fortified. To be honest the turrets in Dominion as they are, are really shitty. They can easily be taken out with a few BR or DMR rounds from a distance and AR's make short work of them up close. Not to mention they take awhile to lock on when in it's firing range. I personally think they should add the Forerunner Turret from the Campaign into Dominion. That would be a pretty decent defense mechanism.

FUCK those turrets. Massive pain in the ass in Legendary

Nocte
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
FUCK those turrets. Massive pain in the ass in Legendary

Those are easy, the Knights are the biggest bitch.

Nicholas Sapien
11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
lol no they're not

silversleek
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
yeah, they're weak, but that also means they're not game breaking. IMO defense should have a bit of an advantage, shields that they can go through, weak turrets. It adds a little immersion, like you're actually attacking a proper base. Symmetrical maps just don't feel right. The enemy is attacking and has had time to build a fortress identical to yours? really.

Lol its James
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
They go in and forge things already, what makes a difference if they forge dominion maps? I like this idea a lot, even though its to late for this war.

Mythonian
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
If someone would like to submit a forged Dominion map for consideration in the wars, anyone is more than welcome to.

Unless we find some amazing maps or something, though, don't expect it.

VerbotenDonkey
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I like the idea however it shouldn't fringe on just Dominion. For instance, what about Extraction? Enemy team is extracting data from the home base of the enemy.

silversleek
11-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I've never played, i didn't even know there was a game called that xD

Sounds good. It should definitely be something special.

bazongaman502
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Isn't dominon going to be used in the wars anyways?

If you want to make it so it looks real, have one base fully fortified, while the other two are small (kinda like rally points) bases.

Coda
11-12-2012, 02:44 AM

If you want to make it so it looks real, have one base fully fortified, while the other two are small (kinda like rally points) bases.

That's actually a pretty good idea...

Dominion and Extraction. And lots of it. That's all I gotta say

Boneill1621
11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea...

Dominion and Extraction. And lots of it. That's all I gotta say

Second these sentiments.

Salvanous
11-15-2012, 06:04 PM

Well bud, you don't actually have to be in dominion for the turrets in the dominion section to work :/

How the turrets work is that they will attack whoever is not on their team, and if you are doing FFA, what they do is they attack everyone who didn't set them up.

with that being said, an Extraction match after everything is said and done, to establish the percentage of credits the losing army gets to keep would be interesting :devil:

IrelandWolf
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Seems a pretty cool twist on our wars.