PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 6.7

Mythonian
11-13-2012, 02:35 AM
http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_31784_thumb_wi de620.jpg

FC Update 6.7

Beta War... Coming Soon!

Prep for War...

This Sunday, November 18, 2012, at 6:00 PM EST, the Beta War for Halo 4 will be starting. This Beta War will last until December 23rd.

We will be using this time to test out a variety of gametype settings, map variants, etc.

We will be making changes nearly every week, so be sure to stay active on the forums to be sure you see them all.

Also, keep in mind that this is not counted as an actual war. It will not have a winning army, there will not be a warmap and neither faction will be defending a Capital. The outcome of the war does not influence the first actual war, which starts on January 6th (more info on that later on).

So relax and enjoy yourselves for this quick six-week war. Use it as a time to improve teamwork with your squadmates and set up some strategies. Just be sure that you HAVE FUN!

Holo Humping

No.

We will be considering this like a regular teabag, and anyone caught intentionally doing this will be punished appropriately.

Consider this your only warning.

We can tell if it was intentional or not, so if you do it accidentally don’t freak out.

If you get teabagged by a hologram, though, and you believe it was intentional, save the film after the game and report it to your squad CO, Field Marshal, or someone else who can pass it along through the proper channels.

Gametypes

We’ve got a full set of preliminary gametypes on my fileshare. Unfortunately, 343 hasn’t finished setting it up on their website, so you’ll need to download them through the File Browser in Halo 4 itself. Just do a search for my gamertag.

Some differences from default Matchmaking gametypes:

All Gametypes:

Score Limit: Unlimited
Time Limit: 15 Minutes
Friendly Fire: Enabled
Betrayal Booting: Disabled
Team Changing: Allowed

Conflict (Slayer):

Respawn: 3 seconds

Dominion:

Respawn: 3 seconds
Capture Points: 10 points
Standard Capture Time: 15 seconds
Fortified Capture Time: 15 seconds
Fortify Points: 20 points
Fortify Time: 30 seconds
Resupply Points: 30 points
Resupply Frequency: 1 minute
Base Points: 5 points
Base Points Frequency: 5 seconds
Score Delay: Disabled
Spawn Location: Standard Spawns
Respawn Handicap: 2 seconds
Last Stand: Disabled
Last Stand Respawns: No Limit

Liberation (CTF):

Flag Return: 10 seconds
Flag Reset Time: 25 seconds
Flag at Home: No
Overtime: 30 seconds
Respawn: 10 seconds

Oddbomb (Oddball):

Respawn: 5 seconds
Ball Count: 1
Ball Spawning: Random
Carry Points: 1
Oddball Kill Points: None
Carrier Kill Points: None
Automatic Pickup: Disabled
Hot Potato Timer: 1 Minute
Random Potato Timer: Disabled
Carrier Visibility: Enabled

Extraction:

Active Sites: 2
Site Location: Random
Site movement: On Extraction
Start Delay: Disabled
New Site Delay: Disabled
Arming Time: 3 seconds
Extraction Time: 45 seconds
Timer Pause: Enabled

Occupation (Crazy King):

Hill movement: Progressive
Number of Hills: 1
Scoring Style: Team Difference
Hill Movement Condition: Time
Hill Time Limit: 1 minute
Next Hill Delay: Instant
First Hill Delay: Instant
Drain on Hill move: Disabled
Trespasser Kill points: Disabled
Hill Spawn Penalty:
Vehicles on Hills: Enabled

Hill 30 (One-Plot):

Hill movement: Stationary
Number of Hills: 1
Scoring Style: Team Difference
Hill Movement Condition: Time
Hill Time Limit: 1 minute
Next Hill Delay: Instant
First Hill Delay: Instant
Drain on Hill move: Disabled
Trespasser Kill points: Disabled
Hill Spawn Penalty:
Vehicles on Hills: Enabled

In addition to the settings, we're also doing something different from matchmaking in terms of ordnance.

On maps, the initial ordnance will now respawn every so often.
The Random Ordnance will be removed.
Personal ordnance will be implemented into all gametypes (details below).

Personal ordnance will be setup like follows (w is the weighting. the higher the weighting, the more likely you are to get it).

Left Slot (CQC/Other)

Shotgun (w=1)
Energy Sword (w=2)
Gravity Hammer (w=2)
Needler (w=3)
Concussion Rifle (w=3)
SAW (w=1)

Bottom Slot (Sniper/Heavy/SAW)

Sniper Rifle (w=2)
Beam Rifle (w=2)
Fuel Rod Cannon (w=1)
Rocket Launcher (w=1)
Railgun (w=3)
Sticky Detonator (w=3)

Right Slot (Powerup/Grenades)

Speed Boost (w=2)
Damage Boost (w=1)
Overshield (w=2)
Frag Grenades (w=3)
Plasma Grenades (w=3)
Pulse Grenades (w=3)

Note that everything stated above about settings is subject to change. We will be experimenting with a variety of different options throughout the Beta War to find what works best.

For instance, the usage of personal ordnance. We will experiment and see what the members like better. Also, whether the Oddbomb should be auto-pickup or not. Or whether we should use the deathcam.

All of these things will end up being decided by what the community likes best. So, we encourage everyone to try out all the gametypes and get a feel for everything, because if you don't like something now's your time to get it fixed.

Forge Department

Anyone interested in being involved in adjusting maps or finding and fixing imbalances or exploits on all maps to be used in the wars, now's your chance to sign up for the Forge Department.

You can check out all the details here (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8237-Halo-4-Forge-Department).

Additionally, if you'd like to submit a custom map that you made for use in the wars, go here (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?172-Map-Submissions) and follow the format instructions.

We always want to feature member-made maps when we can, so be sure to submit yours. If we like it, we'll use it.

Keep in mind that the Beta War will focus on 343's maps. Submitted maps will be considered for the actual war which starts in January.

New vCash System Implemented

Halo 4 distracted me enough that I forgot to do it during the weekend, so I just did it a few minutes ago.

Everyone has been reset to 1000 vCash. Everyone who applied and earned a vCash Bonus has been given their bonus.

People who earned vCash during the last few months but didn't fill out the vCash Bonus application will get their vCash distributed eventually. PM me about it if you want it sooner.

To find out what the new vCash System does and some of the changes it makes, refer to FC Update 6.3 (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?7932-FC-Update-6-3).

If anyone has any questions about it, bring them up. If you are someone who had 50,000+ vCash before the switch, PM me about a conversion.

Another reminder: this Sunday, the Beta War starts at 6:00 PM EST. Be there.

~Mythonian

Mythonian
11-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Addendum:

Gametype List that can be chosen during the Beta War:

Conflict
Liberation
Occupation
Oddbomb
Hill 30
Extraction
Dominion (only on certain maps)

KazuhLLL
11-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Auto-pickup Oddbomb would be hilarious. Wait til there's 1-2 seconds left on the ball, throw it at an enemy, and BOOM! :D

Can't wait til Sunday!

Coda
11-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Auto-pickup Oddbomb would be hilarious. Wait til there's 1-2 seconds left on the ball, throw it at an enemy, and BOOM! :D

Can't wait til Sunday!
That would be a great strategy. Id love to see that. Great update. Glad to see the new system implemented now. Looking forward to the beta war!

Al Capone111
11-13-2012, 03:34 AM
6pm? What happened to the normal 7pm starting time? I get out of work at 6pm now on Sundays.

Silko
11-13-2012, 03:55 AM
6pm? What happened to the normal 7pm starting time? I get out of work at 6pm now on Sundays.

It's been like that for 4 wars now

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-13-2012, 04:56 AM
awesome update, can't wait to start killing BLUEs again....or at least sending people in to do it.

Maxdoggy
11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm so excited to rarely have an opportunity to play in this war! Wooooh. Go college! :/

Kick some arse, everyone. And most of all, HAVE FUN!

Blackhawk570
11-13-2012, 09:05 AM

dont sweat it al. I get out of work at 6pm est as well, so I am a little late sometimes.

Sicarioano
11-13-2012, 09:13 AM
dont sweat it al. I get out of work at 6pm est as well, so I am a little late sometimes.

Same here...

bazongaman502
11-13-2012, 02:41 PM
REDD Player: The bomb is going to explode in 3...2....1
*BLUEs rush in, REDD player throws the ball at the BLUEs*
Game Announcer: Killamanjaro!

REDD Player: Totally planned.....

MedeDust
11-13-2012, 03:07 PM
We want hot chocolate Myth!!

SuRroundeD By 1
11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Haven't battles always been at 6? Haha I don't know what people are complaining about XD unless I missed something O.O

silversleek
11-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Haven't battles always been at 6? Haha I don't know what people are complaining about XD unless I missed something O.O

Gargoyle
11-13-2012, 07:39 PM
used 2 be at 7est. Memories!

VerbotenDonkey
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM
It's been at 6 for awhile lol. And Walking Dead at 9 PM EST doesn't help your cases :P

Silko
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
It was 7PM EST back in the Beta War and, according to what I have heard, past wars as well. Unless I get the opening shift at work odds are I will be missing battles as well

Vestige
11-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Alright, shits been happening in my life, again. Don't know if I will make it this war. Just bought a truck.

MedeDust
11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
What does you buying a truck have to do with shit happening and you playing?

Maxdoggy
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM
What does you buying a truck have to do with shit happening and you playing?

Since when did we allow Mexicans to cross the border and play Halo?? :P

MedeDust
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey!

Silko
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey!

Coda
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey!

VerbotenDonkey
11-15-2012, 12:50 PM

Harry
11-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Cool yo

Choca Cola
11-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey! Look! Listen!

Thanks for the update Myth.

Fateless Wolf
11-16-2012, 12:58 AM
great update looks like i have to get me fat @ss out of party mode and back into war mode.....

OPOC1L1PSE
11-16-2012, 01:20 AM
So... Many... Updates @_@

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2012, 09:44 AM
So... Many... Updates @_@

lol isn't it time to change your sig?

Mythonian
11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
After some testing, we adjusted the Personal Ordnance a bit (see OP for details), and also reduced Liberation's Flag Reset Time down to 25 seconds.

Updated gametypes (v0.1) are on my fileshare.