PDA

View Full Version : Bungie has been holding out on us ...

VerbotenDonkey
11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
New information leaked on their new game:

The new game is called Destiny. There is a lot of concept art on the IGN article, it's worth taking a look at. Personally, I think this looks AMAZING and I love Bungie and what they do. No doubt this game will be epic beyond proportions.

IGN has the article here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/28/destiny-story-details-concept-art-leaked

Leaked materials provided to IGN by a reader have revealed story details and concept art from Destiny, Bungie’s follow-up to the Halo franchise. Bungie has confirmed to IGN that the document was prepared by an advertising agency and represents an outside look at Destiny’s plot, key values and more.

According to the document, “Our story begins seven hundred years from now in the Last City on Earth, in a Solar System littered with the ruins of man’s Golden Age. A massive, mysterious alien ship hangs overhead like a second Moon. No one knows where it came from or what it’s here for, but only that it’s our protector. Meanwhile, strange, alien monsters creep in from the edge of the universe, determined to take Earth and the Last City. We are young ‘knights’ tasked with defending the remains of humanity, discovering the source of these monsters and – eventually – overcoming it.” Elsewhere in the document, the massive alien ship is referred to as “the Traveler.”

Destiny is further described as “fun and accessible to all,” aiming “to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.” Based on the language in the document, it appears that Bungie aims to create a universe accessible to multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie’s efforts with Halo. A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”

Destiny’s gameplay is described by the document as “social at its core,” offering “a world to explore with friends, both old and new.” It’s unclear whether this confirms comments from Bungie in 2011 that the game is an MMO, which Bungie later called a joke. The document also includes a Destiny logo along with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 icons, as well as the URL Destiny.com. It’s worth noting that while Destiny.com is currently password-protected, if it is indeed a URL that’s been purchased by Bungie, it could suggest that Destiny will indeed be the game’s final name rather than a codename as previously speculated.

Anarchy
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Impressive. Considering they have no hype to push for an earlier release time, they've got plenty of time to make this good, and thank god they're using it.

Fuzzy
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Finally some information on Bungie's next project, besides knowing it was called Destiny we were given no information until now. It is looking to be a very promising game and I can not wait!

Maxdoggy
11-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Kotaku has more info here: http://kotaku.com/5963807

Coda
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
And remember, guys... Bungie MADE halo. The Master Chief. The UNSC. Covenant. Elites. Forerunners. Precursors. Flood. Forge. Think of how vast the Halo Universe is. That's all Bungie (and 343 a little). Now, they know what they can do. They have better technology. More people. Tons of fans. What will they bring to all of us in the future? What is the destiny of gaming? (see what I did there?)

Lil Nawty Lucia
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Didn't about half of Bungie join 343? I will only get excited about a game when I start seeing renders. To me it looks like they need some one to pay for it since they had an advertising company putting together stuff.

Maxdoggy
11-27-2012, 11:04 PM
3 people left Bungie to join 343i. I don't understand why people think "everyone left Bungie!"

Lil Nawty Lucia
11-27-2012, 11:08 PM
No clue but maybe people just love Frank so much. But am I the only one that was hurt when they ditched Halo?

Jam Cliché
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
No clue but maybe people just love Frank so much. But am I the only one that was hurt when they ditched Halo?
It was cause for some apprehension. I mean, a franchise of a decade changing hands like that. But we have seen that 343 can do wonders with Halo, and the burden of that series has been lifted from Bungie and given them room to explore something new. I will definitely be following this.

Nicholas Sapien
11-28-2012, 12:44 AM
I would tap that

MedeDust
11-28-2012, 03:28 AM
Enjoy?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmkSs0WHey0&feature=youtube_gdata_pla yer

Lil Nawty Lucia
11-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Kinda worries me with the fact that they are planning so far ahead, I mean 4 games and they haven't even got past the concept stage?

MedeDust
11-28-2012, 04:49 AM
All you need is a good general story then just add in the details.

Maxdoggy
11-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Kinda worries me with the fact that they are planning so far ahead, I mean 4 games and they haven't even got past the concept stage?

If you've read any of the articles posted, especially the Kotaku one I posted, you would know that this concept art is old and that they have a semi-playable game right now.

BE INFORMED!

LocoCrazy
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Its Bungie...er sorry, its fuckie. I am more than positive the games will suck so much ass it will make Yehsus look straight.....in which case bravo Fuckie, bravo.

Rokkman X
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9oSO-HLQw&
They've been preparing for quite some time now.

Daaaah Whoosh
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, if it's got a campaign that feels more like Halo than Halo 4 did, then I will be satisfied. And if it has a good character customization system, like Halo 4 doesn't, then I'll be happy. And if it's got a better story than Halo 4 did, then I will definitely get the game.
What I'm saying is that I want Bungie to make Halo 4.

I Eradicator I
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I already heard the storyline, a bit like Halo in general. And from what they have said, they want it to be more of a rated T game. IMO, it looks pretty good, but nothing can beat Halo for the fact that I've been playing it for over a decade. Guess we'll have to wait to see what they have gotten under their sleeves to go against their own game. I also know it's going to be Multi-Platform as well, so it is new on Bungies behalf, teaming up with Activision and all...