PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-04-2012, 02:03 AM
So who's going to get it?

I personally have never bought a Far Cry game before but I have always wanted to. And this looks like the best in the series. It has tons of weapons, vehicles, skills, enemies, and a whole chain of islands to explore. The graphics look amazing and so do the 2 main villans. Plus the multiplayer doesn't look half bad.

bazongaman502
12-04-2012, 02:57 AM
ill buy it... not sure when though

VerbotenDonkey
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I plan on getting it, however not yet. It looks amazing, just don't want to spend $60 haha. Looks like Skyrim with Guns.

Blackhawk570
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
might if the steam holiday sales treat me right D:

Metkil5685
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I really want to get this game, however I can't at this time. Curse being a poor college student! I want to say I'm a Far Cry fan, however Far Cry 2 was such a disappointment. However I hear this one lives up to and beyond Far Cry 1. After watching all these videos on it on YouTube, I want to get this game ASAP.

Sir Nihlus
12-04-2012, 10:16 AM
It's definitely a good looking game however, I'll be getting it when the holiday sales kick in (Being a student and paying the full price of £50 leaves a pretty bad singe in my wallet) haha!

IrelandWolf
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
STEAM WINTER SALE....*tears* I can't wait this long...

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I just picked up my copy today. Although I probably won't be able to play it until tomorrow......today is a homework day >.>

Lol its James
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Just because of this one I might try the other 2 games too, the trailers look amazing, I'm probably getting it

AftershocK
12-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I have played all the Far Cry games. Loved them. Definatly gonna buy this one (its great having a job & money) ;)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Im about 2 hours in and I'm loving it. I can't believe I never bought a Far Cry game before thos one. The island os beautiful and the enemies aren't too stupid. And I love all the characters so far.

I've seen a few glitches but that's to be expected nowadays for the first few weeks of launch for games.

Spartanbh
12-06-2012, 05:09 PM
The game is simply outstanding. Seriously, this is a MUST-OWN GAME. I'd easily put it in the top 3 games released this year with Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Farcry 2 was fucking terrible, but Farcry Instincts: Predator was awesome (none of the games are related in anyway though). Farcry 3 is reminded me A LOT of Instincts: Predator with the whole tropical island setting. The main villains are simply insane which makes for an awesome story, and the gameplay is solid as ever. Even if you just want to run around and explore or hunt some crazy fucking leopards or sharks, you can do that!!! Far Cry has always had a very unique map editor mode which puts Halo's forge to shame. In Farcry you can literally create your own landscape and scenarios. It's just awesome. EVERYONE BUY IT NAOW.

Lol its James
12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Wait, they don't relate at all, nvm I'm not buying the other ones now

AftershocK
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Wait, they don't relate at all, nvm I'm not buying the other ones now

The are still amazing games Far Cry 2 was meh, but Predator i reccomend buying.

Al Capone111
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Not anytime soon. Mainly because I loved Far Cry on the Xbox and remake/expansion for the 360. But when i played the second one (Far Cry 2) I wanted to kill myself. The gameplay was horrible. The damn Malaria and loading screens.

Lightning
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I've been playing FC3 for the past 5 days and I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT. I cant put the damn controller down.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm with Lightning, this is the best game of the year next to Halo 4.

AftershocK
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
FC3=Amazing

Specact
12-13-2012, 09:19 PM
I love Far Cry 3. I'm just starting a second play through. The gameplay is solid. Visuals are solid. Rook Islands are a really awesome place to explore. The plot is a bit cliche but I still loved it. The emotional undertones to it were really good as well. Such as Jason's emotional state throughout the game. But in my opinion what really stood out to me was the voice acting. Especially Vaas.

Zeta Crossfire
02-16-2013, 01:10 PM
The game is just so solid. The way the worlds mechanics interacts with each other is just truely outstanding.

My story: Crouching up on an enemy base to go take it, line up a head shot with my sniper rifle and the I hear a growl. Turn to my left and a fucking tiger jumps out of the bushes and attacks me. I switch to my shotgun in a "holy shit" moment and shoot it, but I don't kill it. The guards in the base then hear me and start charging out of the base guns blazing. I then turn and run for the top of this mountain with 7 guards and a tiger after me. I run through some brush and little did I know I'm in dingo country so a pack of dingos start chomping on my legs. I run past them, throw a molotov and light the brush on fire behind me. The most of the guards stop and fight the tiger, but the dingos and a few guards are still on me. I get to the top of the mountain get on a zip line and make my escape but at the end of the zip line are enemies somehow waiting for me. I get off the zip line mid way and land into the ocean and immediately get attacked by a shark. I fend off a few shark attacks and grab a nearby jet ski that was laying around. After I jump on the jet ski and enemy patrol boat spots me and starts firing their .50 cal at me. I book it for the nearest allied base and eventually get away.

It's just one thing after another, after another, after another. I love it. Also the pot fields mission is perhaps the best thing in that game.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-16-2013, 04:15 PM
oh yea Zeta I love this game, I have moments like that all the time. Some of the missions are incredibly fun too and you can do them all differently which is what makes it really fun.