PDA

View Full Version : IGN's Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2 Video & Results

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't know how many of you watch IGN on youtube but a weeks back they did a Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2 video to see what their fans thought was the best shooter of 2012. Yes it is a major gaming news network so I'm sure they get paid a lot to say both of these games are hands down amazing (Which I believe Halo 4 is, I haven't played Blaco Ops 2 yet). Anyways here is the video where they discuss the categories and the main points to keep an eye on:

http://youtu.be/jn_XRe7eroY

Personally I thought they sold Halo 4 a lot more then Black Ops 2. Then again Halo 4 was a massive step forward from Halo Reach. Where as each CoD game is more or less the same, just with a few additions. The results video is in the spoiler button.

http://youtu.be/UFaUh0Kkn5Q

As you can see Halo 4 won by a landslide :clap:

Juggernaut9473
12-06-2012, 06:34 PM
damn right

bazongaman502
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Black Ops 2 really isnt bad... the Campaign is great, id give it a 10/10 for that... but the multiplayer theres to many shotguns.

Halo 4: 10/10
BO2: 9/10

Iv played alot of Halo 4, so thats why im playing black ops 2 right now... however i do like both games and still shocked they werent nominated for GOTY

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Halo 4>cod, and nice to know that other people know that Halo 2s maps are fantastic!

Andimion
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Halo 4 > BlackCocks

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
hahaahahahahahahha black cocks lolool!

- - - Updated - - -

call of dicks black cocks 2

Andimion
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Cock of Duty

Juggernaut9473
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Cock off Duty: Black Cocks 2

fixed =P

Sir Nihlus
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Personally, I think Halo 4 takes the cake because 343i had a lot to live up to in terms of Halo's reputation and I have respect for them for the simple fact that they were under so much pressure; both from fans and that they had to write a whole new gaming engine from the ground up because apparently BUNGiE refused to hand it over, and the best bit? Halo 4 delivered in my opinion. So really, Halo 4 would have probably looked like Halo: Reach if BUNGiE hadn't refused, but I'm glad they did, otherwise Halo 4 probably wouldn't have looked as visually amazing.

:rock: Halo 4!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I loved Halo 4, there were many and I mean many things they could have done better, but overall I think it's the best in the franchise.

I thought Black Ops 1 wasn't too bad, but they couldve done better in the campaign. But I will admit Blops 2 did grab my attention I want to get it. I'm just not going to get it new, I'll probly buy it used. I already bought ACIII, 2 copies of Halo 4, & Far Cry 3.

Which by the way Far Cry 3 is amazing you all should go and get it. ;)

Andimion
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Playing any CoD game is like playing ModernWarfare1 for me... Actually, it is basically playing MW1, lets just add some sparkles and some new guns and we will put a new number on the cover of the case. BAM, sell it to the sheep of the Cock of Duty franchise. =)

But in all seriousness, Halo4 was amazing on so many levels. Fuck bungie, they were just trying to buy themselves of out their contract with microsoft buy shitting out Reach.. I have the utmost respect for 343 in picking up this franchise and doing EXACTLY what bungie SHOULD have done.. I just hope they start bringing back some Halo2 classic maps. Like Waterworks and Backwash.

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 06:57 PM
fixed =P

cock on dick black cocks 2

- - - Updated - - -

Playing any CoD game is like playing ModernWarfare1 for me... Actually, it is basically playing MW1, lets just add some sparkles and some new guns and we will put a new number on the cover of the case. BAM, sell it to the sheep of the Cock of Duty franchise. =)

But in all seriousness, Halo4 was amazing on so many levels. Fuck bungie, they were just trying to buy themselves of out their contract with microsoft buy shitting out Reach.. I have the utmost respect for 343 in picking up this franchise and doing EXACTLY what bungie SHOULD have done.. I just hope they start bringing back some Halo2 classic maps. Like Waterworks and Backwash.

or all of them especially ascension, coagulation, relic, terminal, damn I could just keep going, oh and containment.

Andimion
12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
You see, I mention maps that cant be made via forge. Of course, visually speaking all the original maps would be fantastic. But 343 might just pull a bungie and tell you if you want a map like Ascension, just forge it. Coag, Relic <3 and terminal would have to be from 343 though. lol I fucking love Relic.. My 50 match of snipers on Halo2 was on Relic.... aaaannnddd I super jumped up top. =P

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Gotta love the mutiplayer map pack disk, the only maps that werent on it were desolation and tombstone had to download them, and when I got Halo 4 xbox I transferred the data and poof they were somehow gone, still I recovered all of them but those two maps and they were somehow deleted and I will probably never see them again.

KillerGUNNY132
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM

This. So much.

I thoroughly enjoyed Call of Duty 4, and thought MW2 was decent, but then everything else after that felt like the same game. Just had a different story to it. Have they even changed the engine? Because it honestly doesn't seem like it.

And after Halo 3, Bungie didn't wanna make Halo anymore. They completed their trilogy and wanted to move on to their next project (Destiny). But in order to become independent, Microsoft made them shit out two more Halo games. ODST was fine for what it was. A neat little side story to the halo universe. But Reach was a pile of shit. The multiplayer was just not fun. Armor lock was atrocious and the maps were rehashed from campaign. It was painfully obvious they didn't have the passion for Halo anymore.

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 07:23 PM
so sad

Maxdoggy
12-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Cock of Duty: Black Cops #9000 got absolutely DESTROYED by Halo 4!

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 07:57 PM
awsome!

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
This. So much.

I thoroughly enjoyed Call of Duty 4, and thought MW2 was decent, but then everything else after that felt like the same game. Just had a different story to it. Have they even changed the engine? Because it honestly doesn't seem like it.

And after Halo 3, Bungie didn't wanna make Halo anymore. They completed their trilogy and wanted to move on to their next project (Destiny). But in order to become independent, Microsoft made them shit out two more Halo games. ODST was fine for what it was. A neat little side story to the halo universe. But Reach was a pile of shit. The multiplayer was just not fun. Armor lock was atrocious and the maps were rehashed from campaign. It was painfully obvious they didn't have the passion for Halo anymore.

what is sad, is that Reach had the potential to be a good game. The elements were there, but they did just give up. In all honesty, in my opinion Halo 3 wasnt that great either.. and ODST was just a waste. You can find the same side stories elsewhere, they didnt need a whole game for it thats for sure...

in all aspect, the last great halo game (before halo 4) was Halo 2. even with all the glitches (BXR, BXB,ect;) it was easily the best competive only mulitplayer game. the maps were amazing and even the campaign was addicting.

Halo 4 has made me remember why i fell in love with Halo in the first place. The only thing i cant wait for, is the Truskill Matchmaking, once we get that, this game will be unstoppable.

Thanks for reading :)

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Yah Halo 2 was definantly, easily the best overall video game ever made; what is trueskill matchmaking?

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
the rank they used to put next to you.. in h2, and h3, you had a rank- 1-50 then it went into symbols, like the full moon, or the Sun..

When you won a game(s) you would move up, and if you lost you went down. So you always had that *I have to Win* thinking, which always made it more fun to me

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah like in the ranked playlists in lone wolves free for all

Kcr33d
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I liked Halo 3 better than 2. It really didn't take skill although everyone says it was the best competitive game. I mean seriously have you seen how bullets would just curve into players back then. I like Halo 3 because it took me a while before getting good enough to play most people.

Granted halo 2 did have the best maps overall.

Halo 4 is awesome in a new and different way. I Love where 343 took this game. And as far as there being talk of a possible halo 5 so ealry is too much for me I want to enjoy this game for a while.

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I never noticed that bullets curved

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I liked Halo 3 better than 2. It really didn't take skill although everyone says it was the best competitive game. I mean seriously have you seen how bullets would just curve into players back then. I like Halo 3 because it took me a while before getting good enough to play most people.

Granted halo 2 did have the best maps overall.

Halo 4 is awesome in a new and different way. I Love where 343 took this game. And as far as there being talk of a possible halo 5 so ealry is too much for me I want to enjoy this game for a while.

True, back in the day, it did feel like them bullets would just find me, and remember the MODDING issues it had? people automatically killing you instantly as you spawned? lol those were the days alright..

But yes certainly had the best maps...even the Big Team Battle Maps were amazing (my favourite) H3, did in fact require a bit more skill, and dont get me wrong, loved it. But the maps...man i wish i had a degree to make games lol as a Gamer, rather a Halo Player, we would know the right kind of map better than the creators sometimes...

anyways, i completely agree about the Halo 5. give us some time jeez... we havent even played the first set of DLC maps yet!

Kcr33d
12-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I wish more people knew of XBC days where people actually learned how to play good while lagging in Halo CE. There where so little people who played back then that you actually played against people who became pros in later Halo games.

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM
XBC was amazing, i miss Halo CE.... that game took skill...

Kcr33d
12-06-2012, 09:18 PM
OMG THE MODS <_<
Worst part of my halo 2 experience EVER.
I could handle the glitches and other things but christ the modding was wayy out of hand back then. I couldn't level up the way I wanted to because I would hit 40 and BAM TRILLIONS of these people.. (over exaggerated) but still. I hated them.

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
OMG THE MODS <_<
Worst part of my halo 2 experience EVER.
I could handle the glitches and other things but christ the modding was wayy out of hand back then. I couldn't level up the way I wanted to because I would hit 40 and BAM TRILLIONS of these people.. (over exaggerated) but still. I hated them.

lol Right?

i remember playing like it was yesterday, i was rank 49, probably about 2 games away, and i hit a streak of 10 games with Modders!!! and of course, not on my team. lol

IT was wayyyy out of hand then.. thats for sure. Glad we dont have that problem anymore!

Kcr33d
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah it did, I was terrible back then my cousins where the only ones who where actually good. I was always used as bait. cuz I was the little one lol..... my one cousin would always say "Operation get behind the Donkey" and would then tell me go out there draw them out so they could find them.

haha. it was awful for me. but on hangem high they would send me on top of REDD to just put shots on people while they do everything else so it wasn't always so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if your a sniper and never played Halo CE competitively you have noo Idea the ammount of leading needed to get a headshot from far distances. The only good thing was that you could shoot it fast so it didn't matter to much if you missed your first shot.

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah it did, I was terrible back then my cousins where the only ones who where actually good. I was always used as bait. cuz I was the little one lol..... my one cousin would always say "Operation get behind the Donkey" and would then tell me go out there draw them out so they could find them.

haha. it was awful for me. but on hangem high they would send me on top of REDD to just put shots on people while they do everything else so it wasn't always so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if your a sniper and never played Halo CE competitively you have noo Idea the ammount of leading needed to get a headshot from far distances. The only good thing was that you could shoot it fast so it didn't matter to much if you missed your first shot.

omg Kcr33d, thats so funny, cuz i was used the same way. my older foster brother would only let me play as long as i did what he siad. and he would have me draw their fire. lol

I eventually got my own gamertag, and learned to play for real. but that cracks me up.

**and yeah ur right, the sniper actually acted like a sniper in Halo CE. ***

VerbotenDonkey
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Halo 2 has always been my favorite, with Halo 3 coming in close second. We were so creative in Halo 2 and we created a lot better "maps" than we did with Forge. Like we created D-Day on Relic. Where the Germans would have Warthogs parked on top Relic and while they were setting up, the Americans got to the Albatross and began knocking the barricades forward towards the tower for defense. Then when the Germans were ready they'd fire in the air, and then the Americans would rush forward trying to get to the top of the Tower.

Or Green Room on Lockout. Everyone had only shotguns and the point was to hold out in the "Green Room" at shotgun spawn and then the enemy could jump in from above from the hole in the top, or they could rush in from the front at lift spawn. And they could drop fusion coils in from the top and then rush in after the explosion. Oh man ... I miss those days. Such simple games but were more fun than most games we create now.

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Halo 2 has always been my favorite, with Halo 3 coming in close second. We were so creative in Halo 2 and we created a lot better "maps" than we did with Forge. Like we created D-Day on Relic. Where the Germans would have Warthogs parked on top Relic and while they were setting up, the Americans got to the Albatross and began knocking the barricades forward towards the tower for defense. Then when the Germans were ready they'd fire in the air, and then the Americans would rush forward trying to get to the top of the Tower.

Or Green Room on Lockout. Everyone had only shotguns and the point was to hold out in the "Green Room" at shotgun spawn and then the enemy could jump in from above from the hole in the top, or they could rush in from the front at lift spawn. And they could drop fusion coils in from the top and then rush in after the explosion. Oh man ... I miss those days. Such simple games but were more fun than most games we create now.

loved GREEN ROOM!!!! i played that alot....

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
wasnt forge in halo 2 only on the pc version?

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:35 PM
did anyone play Halo 2 for Windows Vista?

i did, and there were only ever like 40 players max on it... just thought i'd throw it out there.

it was amazing!!! lol

VerbotenDonkey
12-06-2012, 09:35 PM
loved GREEN ROOM!!!! i played that alot....

I created that gametype. :)

At least I think I did. It was a LONG time ago. And we used to create new gametypes like every day.

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 09:37 PM
oh cuz u could change the vehicles that spawn and turrets and stuff like that.

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:39 PM
oh cuz u could change the vehicles that spawn and turrets and stuff like that.

right :)

Silent Arbiter1
12-06-2012, 09:42 PM
ok

JamiDJ
12-06-2012, 09:46 PM
:-D

Kcr33d
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I played a lot of Cops n Robbers in halo 2 or basically swat with pistols.

I use to lan at a place in Manhattan. Nothing more fun than being able to go to someones face and tell them how bad you owned em. Especially cuz they would tell you online you wouldn't say shit to their face.

I want to go to a lan again but I can't find a place or anyone who does it around here =(

VerbotenDonkey
12-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Ah we had cool roleplay/base creating games too on Headlong and Turf where we'd use Warthogs or melee to push around boxes and make cool houses or bases and stuff. Ohh man, they need to turn the servers back on!!!!