PDA

View Full Version : EA

Graycochea
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
So, I've recently become interested in what's wrong with the gaming industry. I've found all kinds of info about how the industry is lead by power hungry, money grubbing, douchenozzles, and the biggest one of all is Electronic Arts. I just wanted to ask the question, what are the chances gamers would boycott EA games? Could any of you stave off the obviously uncontrollable need to inexplicably buy the inevitable new Call of Duty game that's probably going to come out next year?

Literature:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-worst-company-in-america-now-what/

Metkil5685
12-09-2012, 11:49 PM
So, I've recently become interested in what's wrong with the gaming industry. I've found all kinds of info about how the industry is lead by power hungry, money grubbing, douchenozzles, and the biggest one of all is Electronic Arts. I just wanted to ask the question, what are the chances gamers would boycott EA games? Could any of you stave off the obviously uncontrollable need to inexplicably buy the inevitable new Call of Duty game that's probably going to come out next year?

Literature:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-worst-company-in-america-now-what/

Stop. Now.

EA does not publish the Call of Duty franchise. That curse belongs to Activision.

EA has some bad business practices, but most companies actually do. I'm not saying EA is a great company or anything, but they are not as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be.

Also, using Forbes for gaming news is just a bad thing all around. Avoid using it in the gaming world.

Maxdoggy
12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Stop. Now.

EA does not publish the Call of Duty franchise. That curse belongs to Activision.

EA has some bad business practices, but most companies actually do. I'm not saying EA is a great company or anything, but they are not as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be.

Also, using Forbes for gaming news is just a bad thing all around. Avoid using it in the gaming world.

^This.

If you want to after anyone, go after Activision which started the trend of "milking" franchises, killing Guitar Hero and over-saturating with CoD, all while taking notes from George Lucas.

Al Capone111
12-10-2012, 03:22 AM
I think these pics tell the story better than anyone here can. Might have to expand them a bit.

3236<----This one is a solution

GhostHammer
12-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Moved to the appropriate forum. No idea how an Admin and a Precursor both missed that ;)

bazongaman502
12-10-2012, 03:29 AM
I like EA... sure they have done bad things... but who hasnt?

Silko
12-10-2012, 04:00 AM
BioWare fucked themselves. This whole "Its EA fault" is a load of bullshit. It was their mishandling of SWTOR that fucked them not EA.

Maxdoggy
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Moved to the appropriate forum. No idea how an Admin and a Precursor both missed that ;)

I posted that and then went to bed. Lol.