PDA

View Full Version : UNLUCKY NUM13ER

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
UNLUCKY NUM13ER

Well with the Halo 4 wars upon us I figured it would be a good time to make a new one of these, besides my first introduction was pretty lame.

Before Forerunner Conflict

My gamertag is UNLUCKY NUM13ER. I got the name from my old Rock Band 2 band name. And I got that from a childish obsession I had with the number 13 back when I was younger. I originally wanted to make my gamertag somewhere along the lines of “SnowStorm” but it was taken so I went with UNLUCKY NUM13ER instead. Currently I am 21 years old and live in central California. My closest friends call me by my actual name, Forest.

Before I joined Forerunner Conflict I was the leader of a small casual playing clan called KPU (Killer Pink Unicorns). We would wear the unicorn emblems in Halo 3 & Reach and just laugh and have a good time playing Halo. We weren’t really competitive, we just played to have fun.

Joining Forerunner Conflict: Rev 2 & 3

Around July of 2011 everyone started getting bored of Halo Reach and the clan started to fall apart. While browsing Machinima videos on YouTube I found one advertising a website called fcwars.net, I never confirmed who made it for sure but I am fairly certain D3AD1TE made it, so I guess you could say he recruited me. I quickly joined REDD (because it’s my favorite color), and not long after joining I was contacted by the XO of the old Kilo company and 2 days later I had my first bootcamp.

I was then placed into the Firesnake squad, however I mainly reported to my company commander who was at the time Syfe. After about 2 weeks my squad CO got promoted to 1st Lieutenant and with nobody left to lead the squad Syfe promoted me to squad leader of the Firesnakes. Since then I have only been an enlisted one other time (OP Firestorm). During Rev 2 the Firesnakes only managed to snag a few lucky wins but didn’t do that well. Once peacetime hit however I quickly went to work and completely revamped the squad and recruited a lot of new members. At some point Syfe left and Gargoyle became my new CO of Kilo Company. Sometime after the war ended VerbotenDonkey switched to REDD to help us out, I worked closely with these 2 and by the time Rev 3 began I was promoted to 1st Lieutenant and soon after to Major. While the Firesnakes were never a “God Squad” during Rev 3 they were one of the only squads to consistently pull out with wins during the most one sided wars FC has seen. Not only did I create a descent squad that made a difference for REDD in its darkest time, I formed a group of friends who play Halo together every day. I also began crafting a series of map strategies for REDD, each week I would post various strategies and tactics in the REDD forums that all squad leaders had access to in order to prepare their men for Sunday’s battles. During Rev 3 I was also the primary drill instructor for REDD bootcamps and I ran 3-5 per week, especially when we had a clan join REDD, we had a surplus of recruits that had to get through their camps. And I ran them till my lips got numb from so much talking.

The End of Reach: Rev 4 & 5

After Op Firestorm I Ghosthammer I was placed once again as the REDD Field Marshal. I worked closely with him and was promoted to Colonel of Phoenix Fire Battalion, we began to restructure and reorganize the army together. Once Rev 4 began it looked as if we were going to have a repeat of the last war so REDD took drastic measures. With a trading of hats Mythonian became the new Field Marshal, and Fuzzy brought Resistance over to REDD. We all worked together and I soon made it to REDD High Com as the Brigadier General. Soon later another HC seat opened up and I got bumped up to Major General. After a lot of work we managed to earn REDD its first victory on the planet Reach. Field Marshal elections began and I decided to run. A week later I was elected as the Field Marshal of REDD for my first time.

We began Rev 5 strong, the war went quickly and week after week REDD continued to win. It was bitter sweet as it reminded me of the hard times I had as a Major and BLUE walked through us in a much similar fashion during Rev 3 (but on a higher scale). Around this time Gargoyle and I developed an advanced training program for REDD soldiers called Predator, which is comprised of 4 other training programs from past wars. As the war progressed BLUE began to show signs of improvement and by the last couple of battles each map continuously went to tie breaker matches. It could have easily turned around for them, but we managed to make it to their capital and fought hard to take it. The battle came to an epic conclusion once again for a tie breaker game. I had led REDD army to its second victory on the last war for Reach.

Field Marshal elections began once again, this time to lead REDD into the beta war & the first Rec war on Halo 4. REDD army again elected me as their Field Marshal, even though Bazongaman insists he was robbed of the election.

The Beginning of Halo 4: Beta War & Rec 1

I had earned a second term as FM for REDD by a landslide. I led us into the Beta war and BLUE had a surprise for us. They had two new powerhouse squads that went damn near undefeated in the Beta War. After BLUE swept us in the first two weeks I spoke with my High Command. We unanimously agreed we were losing the Beta War for two large reasons: 1-REDD had gotten lazy from winning the last two wars in a row, our officer corps wasn't working as hard because we had been doing so well the last two wars. 2-BLUE put in the work to make a difference. They had lost two wars in a row and came very close to making a come back in the last war. They continued to work hard to show us that they had what it took to become a threat once again. We slowly made progress throughout the Beta War. And by the last week it was a damn near stalemate.

Rec 1 began, and we hadn't made much progress. BLUE was still winning most of the games and while each map was close we consistently couldn't catch up. We did however have 1 trump card, GuzzieStyle had brought VbD back. They went the entire Rec 1 war undefeated. Guzzie had remade the most feared and talented squad FC had ever seen. Also about halfway through the war Relapsive had returned. He had gone inactive not long after Resistance switched to REDD back on Reach. His return marked a turnaround for the powerful Resistance Battalion. And while they were already a force to not be taken lightly when he came back to REDD in Rec 1 he quickly trained them to become unstoppable force.

But even with all this work REDD still couldn't catch up. By this time BLUE had already gained a large enough lead in the battle planning aspect that it was too difficult to catch up to them. Also due to some questionable matchups during battles REDD suffered many losses. Eventually the war came to a explosive conclusion on the REDD capital Ragnarok. It seemed as if REDD would be able to defend our capital, we managed to win 3 sets early on. But BLUE made a comeback as they usually do and managed to win 4 sets, partly due to a stacked team dubbed "CyberPhoenix". REDD had learned a valuable lesson that war. If you want to stay on top you need to continue to put in the work that got you there.

After the war I came to the decision to not run for Field Marshal a third time. Ghosthammer once told me "An army cannot continue to grow under the same leadership". I knew that if I wanted to allow REDD to win the next war I would have to step aside for a new leader. And with a High Command filled of qualified individuals I had no problem doing so. A week later Fuzzy was named the new Field Marshal of the R.E.D.D. He placed me as his General and also the CO of the Firesnake squad once again. Since then I have been working hard with my friends to once again make the Firesnakes a formidable squad once again.

Some Cool Facts about UNLUCKY:
I worked with the statbook team from Rev 3 - Rev 5.
Bazongaman502 & I Co-Founded our own YouTube channel named "SlayerGamingNation". We cover everything from community events/battle video, video game music videos, gaming news, gameplay commentaries, & etc...
You can view our channel HERE (http://www.youtube.com/user/SlayerGamingNation?featur e=mhee), subscribers are very appreciated!
I work at a Tea Shop, thus I am a Professional Teabagger. Not to be confused with humiliating my opponents on Halo ;).
My Favorite weapon on Halo is the Rocket Launcher, if you're playing against me you'd better make sure I don't get my hands on it.
zZ Dr K Zz & MedeDust are the two best GFX you'll ever meet!
My R.A.S.S. title is The Imperial Phoenix, here is the background:

"The Imperial Phoenix"
UNLUCKY NUM13ER

Emerging as a capable leader during his days commanding units within the Empire, UNLUCKY NUM13ER quickly found himself at the helm of the R.E.D.D. during some of their most important campaigns. Rising from the enlisted ranks to Imperial High Commandship, he is well liked by all of those under him for his direct approach to his duties. Headstrong, logical, dedicated, and a steadfast leader with an unwavering ability to rally his men, he has arisen as a key player within the Empire. He is the beginning of a new R.E.D.D.

MedeDust
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
This kid is lame.

But I love him.

Fuzzy
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome to FC, I hope you enjoy your time here. You seem to be a promising member and I think one day you might be a high rank...heck even Field Marshal possibly...:P

I suggest you join REDD Army!

OPOC1L1PSE
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Hey noob. If you want to know anything about FC, send me a private message. My profile might not say it, but I was a part of FC before it was FC ;). And I'm only 4 years old =D

Fateless Wolf
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
omggg merrry meeee!!!!! lol unlucky one of the best redd members ever!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

omggg merrry meeee!!!!! lol unlucky one of the best redd members ever!!!!

Gargoyle
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Field Mushroom for two wars in a row, been here for almost all of reach. Posts Unlucky into. during H4.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
12-11-2012, 10:06 AM
I just noticed you use a 13 as a B in your name.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-11-2012, 02:26 PM
@ Fuzzy, yea I was thinkin REDD would be the place to go. I'm told one of their HC members is a stoner....what idiot let him in?

@ Garg, you can't have a Meme without a picture

& Funk, it usually takes people a while.