PDA

View Full Version : Define Happiness.

LyricsMode
12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Let me explain why I'm bringing things like this up; I feel our community could use a serious debate or serious thinking section, but alas we don't have one, so I'll start here with this thread.

Define happiness; Go.

Deaf
12-15-2012, 12:34 PM
I would say happiness is the state of contentment. The position you're in when you're incapable of jealousy of others and are just satisfied with your lot in life. When you can look in the mirror, and say, "I'm happy with who I am." That is pure happiness. Many people can never be satisfied with the cards they were dealt, and instead complain about the ones their opponents hold. That is why happiness can seem so elusive to people.

BTW, I made a blog entry about your message. Check it out.

Sir Nihlus
12-15-2012, 12:37 PM
I believe happiness to be a state of well-being characterised by many emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.

Jam Cliché
12-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Five parts.
- Pleasure found in daily circumstances, like creature comforts. Good sleep, hot showers, etc.
- A routine with a satisfying and engaging challenge-success flow (this is best found in the career aspect)
- Having defined long term goals and the knowledge that progress is being made on them.
- Singular importance, like the feeling one has made an impact on the world.
- Social links and relationships, especially those with individuals who have also achieved these five parts.

xXReiBearXx
12-15-2012, 01:03 PM
There is no such thing as happiness. There are things that make people happy yes...but Happiness would be more defined as a consistent feeling of happy. I feel content is a more appropriate word lol

VerbotenDonkey
12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Scoffing down 5 chocolate chip pancakes :3

No, but in reality it's a state of bliss, I would say. You can argue contentment but really I perceive contentness as neutral.

ThatRussianBear
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I feel our community could use a serious debate

Being happy isn't debatable. Happiness is an emotion that you get when something goes your way. Pick something that has 2 or more stances and then I'll be happy to debate my opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe happiness to be a state of well-being characterised by many emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.
>I
>wut
http://imgur.com/rEswP

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
For me its 1 of 3 things

That rush adrenaline
Getting lost in my work
and holding the one I love

This isnt a place to make people happy it is a place to have Fun. I believe this thread is a bit off the point you want to make with the community Lyrics.

LyricsMode
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
This is just a discussion thread?