PDA

View Full Version : We should..

LyricsMode
12-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Tie more story into our battles. "REDD" is attacking this map because _______. If they don't capture it, This happens, and this happens.

Blue is counter attacking this map because __________. If they don't capture it, this happens, and that happens.

Makes you feel like you're fighting for something more than just one map, or just a battle night. Makes each battle feel special.

Also, someone said officers should have more "lead". I concur. We should have heavily edited, forge made maps where Blues and Reds square off with a fireteam leader leading them against each other. A battle of the wits more or less.

Thoughts? Add ons? :)

silversleek
12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
first idea is good, second complicated and nearly impossible to actually do.

Mythonian
12-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Tie more story into our battles. "REDD" is attacking this map because _______. If they don't capture it, This happens, and this happens.

Blue is counter attacking this map because __________. If they don't capture it, this happens, and that happens.

Makes you feel like you're fighting for something more than just one map, or just a battle night. Makes each battle feel special.
Been brought up many times before, and we plan on making it much more integrated into our lore, thanks to Ghosthammer.

However, since this was a Beta War we weren't focusing on lore. That stuff will all be implemented into the real wars.

Be looking forward to January. You'll find that things will simulate a war quite nicely.

Also, someone said officers should have more "lead". I concur. We should have heavily edited, forge made maps where Blues and Reds square off with a fireteam leader leading them against each other. A battle of the wits more or less.

Thoughts? Add ons? :)

Please elaborate. I have very little idea of what you are wanting aside from what we already have.

LyricsMode
12-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Officers get "Orders" to attack a base. Made in forge by the opposing army. They have all week to do so, and when they are ready to attack the opposing army has a 24 hour notice to prepare. Each side has one platoon fight in one battle for said base, with an officer leading said platoon.

The winner gets the base. These base captures/defenses rotate platoons, and whichever side holds the most gets an advantage each week.

Jam Cliché
12-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Officers get "Orders" to attack a base. Made in forge by the opposing army. They have all week to do so, and when they are ready to attack the opposing army has a 24 hour notice to prepare. Each side has one platoon fight in one battle for said base, with an officer leading said platoon.

The winner gets the base. These base captures/defenses rotate platoons, and whichever side holds the most gets an advantage each week.

That seems to be a miniaturized version of what we do anyway each week when we fight for the maps. Also, it would mean one team hastily forging a map to defend. Considering how REDD and BLUE teams already should be striving to practice for each upcoming Sunday game, this smaller base scrimmage would prevent a particular team from getting to practice as much. All in all, it doesn't seem to be that significant of an action in light of the larger war effort, no offense meant.

LyricsMode
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Disagree. If an Army's invading a map, that map should have colonies. These colonies would be represented by bases made on the forge maps, both sides make one each week (so each have equal practice time) and whoever holds more going in gets some sort of advantage.

Jam Cliché
12-20-2012, 11:57 AM
But who would make these maps? Who will determine if they are fair? How would the gameplay change from what we do on a weekly basis? What gametype would you use to determine that a base was properly captured? The idea reminds me of the suggestion someone put in for using Dominion for capital battles on a huge base vs. base map. I pushed the idea even further after seeing it, but after a few back and forths with Myth I saw that it wouldn't be an easy undertaking and would be underwhelming.