PDA

View Full Version : NEW Armor Abilities in Halo 4?

Fuzzy
12-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Watch and discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2RI45IjeFI

silversleek
12-24-2012, 09:40 PM
wow, i hope we get access to those. 343, fix them now, it looks so fun to use the hacker ability to troll people, and i'm going to make great use of that teleporter ability...

VerbotenDonkey
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Teleport kinda makes jetpack useless lol. Hacker actually looks pretty cool, although a little overpowered perhaps. But if you make some simple nerfs to it, like maybe a decreased range or longer cooldown or something, it would definitely be viable.

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-24-2012, 11:10 PM
looks fake

Rymt
12-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm a tad bit confused as to exactly what Hacker does... can somebody fill me in?

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-24-2012, 11:35 PM
cancels other armor abilities

one of the reasons I think its fake is because you can cancel all those abilities yourself.

silversleek
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
well, if it's fake it's certainly well done. hacker looks could be, could be not. teleport seems like more effort than it's worth to fake.

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
the thing about teleport is the fact that is showed the arrow on the back. Partially because you can see when you should not, and the other being why an arrow and why was it moving? and where did they get these new armor abilities lol

ArchAngelLloyd
12-25-2012, 02:44 AM
the hacker ability if not fake should have remained where it was lost. as for the teleporter it looks cool i wouldnt mind being able to use that one instead of jet pack. All in all pretty cool all around.

Deathhawk
12-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Did anybody else giggle that The Halo Counsel's logo is 'THC'

silversleek
12-25-2012, 12:39 PM
the thing about teleport is the fact that is showed the arrow on the back. Partially because you can see when you should not, and the other being why an arrow and why was it moving?

the other AA's do that too, especially when the person is just spawning, or if the game is lagging. And why not an arrow? personally, i think an arrow moving fast suits teleportation.

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM
lag caused that in Halo Reach I have not seen it in H4 yet, but thats just me, but either way they would have been in a lan game. I dont find any problem with it being an arrow but the arrow was animated, and it was green all the others are the same color.

But the biggest reason I think it is fake is because Hackers would have found this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sooner. And I went checked the only place I have seen this is THC. You would be shocked what people can do with Halo 4 atm.

Jam Cliché
12-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Hackers can do some pretty impressive stuff, but creating out of the blue a pair of abilities like those? Definitely not. These aren't fake. They're unused abilities. There are more, too, but they were likely scrapped before a useable version made it into development. When the game was leaked in October online, there was discussion about all the placeholders within the code for armor abilities and perks and weapons that aren't in the final build. Some of these items will likely be found, such as these abilities, but others probably do not exist in a form that is accessible.

As for the idea that it should have been found sooner - it probably was, but finding it in the code is different from modifying the game to let you use them. Frankly, I have already seen some amazing stuff, like remote-controlled holograms, and that's just what these guys can do with the game elements we do have.

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
They could be real, but I doubt it the chances are higher that they are visual effects. It would not be all that hard to do. When I was talking about hackers I didnt mean they modded those in, I am saying its is really odd that a community of 100s of people that do nothing but search for stuff like this and they didnt find it. Make me think the chances of it being fake are high. I am certain there are plenty of ideas that 343 went through. The code is pretty clean atm so its doubtful from the current game, and they are on harvest so it seems doubtful they would be on the leaked version which would just get them banned.

But overall they are way too overpowered, they would not be put in DLC. I can understand them adding new armor or weapon skins, but I doubt Armor Abilities. Could you imagine how much people would complain even if it was perfectly balanced.

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Wait Found something, I think I can see for my self if its real.

Update Ok it is real since I am playing it right now, and while they are a little fun to play with they are not very useful.

bazongaman502
12-25-2012, 05:11 PM
dont like them.... i can already see the complaints coming from these

Lil Nawty Lucia
12-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Teleport is a very misleading name since you can not actually go through things.

Maxdoggy
12-25-2012, 08:47 PM
They removed Teleport because it negates Thruster Pack and Jet Pack.
Hacker is just too noobish. Almost like the Armor Lock ability in Reach. Almost.

Sinopera
12-26-2012, 12:38 AM
yeah having teleport makes thruster pack more obsolete as it already is for most people did you see the range of the teleportation. I don't want to be shooting someone and he dissapears a mile away from me. Or just jumps up and assassinates me from an unreasonable distance.
I don't care about hacker since I use thruster pack and it'll only stop me so many time. It would be funny to see a jet packer fall on haven since everyone uses it to get around easier. I would use it just for that since it's pretty lame any other time.

Freelance
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
They look kind of cool, well, teleport does.