PDA

View Full Version : Bill of Rights

Deathhawk
12-28-2012, 05:16 PM
So, after reading some recent topics and discussion about how much input community members have in FC, (which this is not about...) There is one thing that I think could be added to the accords that would help us create more defined roles for the members and leaders of FC, aside from just tradition.

A Bill of Rights. Users should be told what they can and cannot do, and moderators and administrators should be held to these principals while doing administrative work (within reason)
Meaning there should be inalienable rights, and privileges.

It wouldn't be any different, but it should be more expressed. Include an elastic clause.

Obviously it would be up to the WC to decide what it would entail but I think it would be a nice "legal rubric" to reference, both for appeals and convictions.

Thoughts?

Mythonian
12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Good idea.

Bill of Rights

1. Any member of FC can do anything they want so long as it does not violate the Accords (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8444-FC-Rec-Accords).

[/thread]

(but being serious, I think the Accords do a fine job of saying what you can't do.)

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
That is already in effect. They're called the accords, and everyone follows them. How is this any different besides being lip service to some new faces who are angry because they can't sit down at the boardroom table with the leadership?

Edit: Damn Myth you're too fast...

Deathhawk
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Good idea.

Bill of Rights

1. Any member of FC can do anything they want so long as it does not violate the Accords (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8444-FC-Rec-Accords).

[/thread]

Yeah that's true. Didn't think about it like that... Nevermind lol just spit balling
Aren't the accords wonderful?

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Good idea.

Bill of Rights

[/thread]

(but being serious, I think the Accords do a fine job of saying what you can't do.)

erm...considering me and mr Deathawk just had a debate on something I did that apparently was against the accords but I strongly disagreed and it turned out I was wrong....I think maybe adding some more details would be reccomended so there will be no more repeat offenses

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 05:26 PM
erm...considering me and mr Deathawk just had a debate on something I did that apparently was against the accords but I strongly disagreed and it turned out I was wrong....I think maybe adding some more details would be reccomended so there will be no more repeat offenses\

What did you do? I can guarantee I'll find it there.

Deathhawk
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
\

She posted a thread that I perceived as being likely to instigate flames because it was highly relevant to another thread that was closed for flaming. So I locked it and someone else deleted it.

Mythonian
12-28-2012, 05:28 PM
erm...considering me and mr Deathawk just had a debate on something I did that apparently was against the accords but I strongly disagreed and it turned out I was wrong....I think maybe adding some more details would be reccomended so there will be no more repeat offenses

I'm always fine with clarifying things. We want the Accords to be clear so no one is confused about things. If we need to go and reword something or anything, let us know. I have no problem going back and making it less confusing for anyone to read.

EDIT:

She posted a thread that I perceived as being likely to instigate flames because it was highly relevant to another thread that was closed for flaming. So I locked it and someone else deleted it.

Oh. Well, you did a good job trying to prevent a flame war, that's always good. Was it about thanking Anarchy for the Common Suggestions thread? Might have been a misunderstanding, and Reibear wasn't given an infraction for it, so I assume it wasn't a big deal.

Mods taking initiative is important to keeping the forums stable, but every now and then threads can get locked unnecessarily. Sorry for anyone this happens to. Just message the person and ask if they'll unlock it. If they don't, it might be better to go to PMs or something. We aren't trying to silence anyone, we just want to ensure that the forums stay stable and secure (and rated PG).

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
\

No I know that it is there since I actually have read all the accords( had to I kept getting in trouble lol). The accord was not making new threads about threads that have been locked. I figured I did not because I used a comment from the thread but not the topic itself. But alas I was outnumbered by the higher ups so I had to admit I was in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always fine with clarifying things. We want the Accords to be clear so no one is confused about things. If we need to go and reword something or anything, let us know. I have no problem going back and making it less confusing for anyone to read.

Oh yes please do! If you need help I am more than happy to assist. I could help because I am normally the one who misunderstands and can find loop holes lol I would love to help out any way I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I still dissagree but you are my REDD brotha so no love lost <3

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 05:36 PM
4.3 On the forums, spamming, posting useless or inappropriate content, or inflammatory post meant to start a flame war or similar arguments are strictly prohibited.
Deathhawk precised said topic to result in the underlined part.

The problem isn't clarification, the problem is people need to stop trying to toe the line of the rules and just enjoy the fucking community.

Deathhawk
12-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh. Well, you did a good job trying to prevent a flame war, that's always good. Was it about thanking Anarchy for the Common Suggestions thread? Might have been a misunderstanding, and Reibear wasn't given an infraction for it, so I assume it wasn't a big deal.

Yes it was. It was right after that thread got closed so I thought it would be a touchy subject for the members. No infraction since there wasn't anything negative really in the OP but it was just very... flammable.

The problem isn't clarification, the problem is people need to stop trying to toe the line of the rules and just enjoy the fucking community.
Word. Just give 'em time though, and people will understand why the longer they're here.

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Deathhawk precised said topic to result in the underlined part.

Since the thread was deleted you can't see it. It was not meant to flame. The part I took was actually one of your comments about making a list of failed suggestions and thanking anarchy for saying he would make a list which he did. Wasn't me trying to toe the line since I did not bring up the original topic that you had locked. And excuse me sir I am enjoying the fucking community! So shush! <3 Why is the rum always gone?

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Since the thread was deleted you can't see it. It was not meant to flame. The part I took was actually one of your comments about making a list of failed suggestions and thanking anarchy for saying he would make a list which he did. Wasn't me trying to toe the line since I did not bring up the original topic that you had locked. And excuse me sir I am enjoying the fucking community! So shush! <3 Why is the rum always gone?

That comment wasn't directed entirely at you, sorry if I vented a little hard at you dear. I'm simply saying Deathhawk did his job. Rum is always gone because I drink it of course :)

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes it was. It was right after that thread got closed so I thought it would be a touchy subject for the members. No infraction since there wasn't anything negative really in the OP but it was just very... flammable..

Honestly I would have rather gotten the infraction if by chance it did turn out bad rather than it just be locked. And it wasn't right after it was locked because I was asleep lol I posted it the next day. just saying good sir. Let's not get off topic now mr! Don't make me 1v1 you lol jk jk

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a deal. And you'd love to 1v1 me, no need to lie.

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 05:59 PM
That comment wasn't directed entirely at you, sorry if I vented a little hard at you dear. I'm simply saying Deathhawk did his job. Rum is always gone because I drink it of course :)

Oh no need to say sorry! One thing I learned here and about myself is i need to stop taking peoples comments as attacks. Trust me I did not at all feel as if it was directed just at me lol I know you are frustrated. I know everyone here is getting a bit irritable. I know Deathhawk was doing his job. As I will always say. I will fight for what I believe is right but I also know when to quit lol I was mad about it at first but I am calmer now.

STOP DRINKING ALL THE DAMN RUM AND SHARE! And yes I would love to 1v1 you lets go!

back on topic though. This is a great example though. So where it says

4.3 On the forums, spamming, posting useless or inappropriate content, or inflammatory post meant to start a flame war or similar arguments are strictly prohibited.

This includes posting topics regarding locked Threads
Ect
Ect

Also the posting useless or inapproriate content should be modified due to the Spambox since that what it was created for.

GhostHammer
12-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Actually I've moved onto Vespers to be honest haha. And I have to work soon :/

6.1 Based on the unique circumstances for each situation, all disciplinary procedures, prerequisites, and punishments are tentative and subject to adjustment in order to appropriately redress any situation as the War Council and Moderation Team sees fit.

On topic, this also allows us to adjust things on the fly depending on situations.

xXReiBearXx
12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Actually I've moved onto Vespers to be honest haha. And I have to work soon :/

On topic, this also allows us to adjust things on the fly depending on situations.

That is the lazy way of saying "We would explain the do's and don'ts but we just too lazy" lol <3 Stop drinking all the rum by yourself and maybe you wouldn't be lazy lol xoxo