PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 7.0

Mythonian
12-31-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrOfrdlDgKg

FC Update 7.0

Hostilities Begin!

War Resumes!

After extended peace conferences, neither side could reach an agreement. Eventually, negotiates collapsed, and both sides have withdrawn their ambassadors. War is now imminent.

Both of the irreconcilable factions are mobilizing their forces and preparing for an all-out war. No longer will conflicts be localized and focus in specific regions of the inhabited portion of the galaxy. Now, each side aims for the throat, targeting the Capital planet of their opponent.

The Empire is preparing to march on Harvest, capital of the Brotherhood Alliance, while the Brotherhood has Earth within their sights. Which side will become victorious, and finally end this seemingly never-ending battle for control of humanity?

A New Breed of War!

With the stakes this high, both sides have pulled all the stops. Mobilizing more forces than ever and preparing massive naval fleets for combat, both sides have fully committed themselves to this war.

To describe this conflict, we are releasing the Rules of Engagement for the First Conflict of Halo 4.

The Forerunner Conflict: Reclamation
Rules of Engagement
For The First Conflict of Halo 4 (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8794-FC-Rec1-Rules-of-Engagement)

Combining a variety of new ideas, these new Rules of Engagement are likely difficult to understand and extremely confusing, but hopefully at least a few of you will be interested in the strategic aspects behind the war. This time, we're utilizing planets and sectors alongside additional attacks that can be launched without Spartan forces, the war is more real than ever. If anyone is ever confused, feel free to ask me or your respective High Command.

War From Earth to Harvest!

With the incredible work of our resident website graphics artist Mededust, we proudly present what is quite possibly the best Warmap we've ever had (once it's finished):

View Warmap (http://www.fcwars.net/node/warmap/rec1/01.html)

Mededust has stepped it up and used Flash for a truly epic Warmap. Hope you guys appreciate the amazingness!

Please note that it's not fully completed yet. Lots will be added over the next days and weeks. Expect great things and you won't be disappointed.

Hostilities Declared!

The first Attack Plans for this war have been announced. To kick things off, we're playing on two forged symmetric 8v8 maps, Deuterium and Aurora.

Check out the Attack Plans (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8796-FC-Rec1-Attack-Plans-01-(01-06-13)) for details.

You can get the maps off of my fileshare. Tomorrow and Tuesday, we'll be going through and ensuring the maps are fully compatible with all our gametypes and that there are no framerate issues. If you come upon any issues with any maps, let us know and we will fix it.

Reminder: The Battles begin this Sunday, January 6th, 2013, at 6:00 PM EST. Be there.

Rank-Specific Usergroups

Many people want these, and we want to provide them to you all.

However, since 343 has yet to make the fileshare system fully implemented so that screenshots are easy to come by, we can't.

We need screenshots. There are too few screenshots already on the internet for the number of ranks that we have. Ones like this:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/MedeDust/BLieutenantColonelB.png

Head over to Mededust's Update (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8772-An-Update-From-MedeDust) for some other details and if you have any questions about this.

The sooner we get enough screenshots, the sooner you'll all get rank-specific usergroups and images.

January Banner, Early!

Mededust has gone crazy, and in addition to the Warmap and preparation for the new usergroup images, he's also gone ahead and done the new monthly banner early!

And so I'm even putting it up a day before normally expected! This time it features New Years. Hopefully you guys have as good a New Years as the banner is awesome!

As thanks for Mededust's fantastic work, be sure to go read the section above about Rank-Specific Usergroups and get him some screenshots!

~Mythonian

RaZ Vader
12-31-2012, 09:29 AM
This is the kinda stuff I have been dreaming about for years.

Thank You Mededust for sacrificing your free time for our little community. This is nothing short but Epic. I am deeply grateful. This is almost too good to be true.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/TapWarrior11/HappyCrying.gif

Maxdoggy
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Epicosity, MedeDust! I knew you were my favorite Mexican! :P

(Also, if Harvest is the Brotherhood's capital in the lore, why is it located in the top-left sector?? Haha)

Sicarioano
12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
FINALLY UPDATE 7, and good update I guess. I have not enough time to read but what I did glad you could write it all.

VerbotenDonkey
12-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Awesome freaking job Mededust! That Flash War Map is SICK! Will there be a point where you can click a system and zoom it in to see the three Maps, maybe have some Lore about the System? Damn, props to you!

Also, lol for BLUEs Capital being Harvest when they don't even own Harvest xD

Deathhawk
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Wow! Really excited for FC in Halo 4. I might even have to reconsider dumping my xbox. (It broke'd, and I was thinking I wouldn't get another)

As nice as the lore is, I think we should never have a non-free DLC map as a capital.
Especially since blue will lose ;)

MedeDust
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Anything that will be added to the warmap is still a surprise ;)

silversleek
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
well, i guess our capital is already lost. GG redds. xD

Also, with a 100 loV on harvest, does that count as an instant first win for the brotherhood?

(good job guys, this is epic <3)

Spartanbh
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Good stuff here boys!!! Mede, why are you such a cool kid?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM

Also, with a 100 loV on harvest, does that count as an instant first win for the brotherhood?

LOL You don't want to have to know what REDD did in order to get it, a lot of stuff with biological warfare and etc...

And yes, BLUE automatically gets the map back >.>

Anarchy
12-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Yes, we instantly win it. However, the "random number" between 1-100 that gets drawn can still determine casualties for it.
You not only have the most kickass Field Marshal in the whole world, you also have a tactical one who likes guaranteeing a REDD demise.

LOL You don't want to have to know what REDD did in order to get it, a lot of stuff with biological warfare and etc...

Hah, go ahead, take the jailbait lucky, it's so young and innocent, it must be clean ; D

KazuhLLL
12-31-2012, 05:00 PM
As nice as the lore is, I think we should never have a non-free DLC map as a capital.

I agree. I have the war games map pass so it won't affect me but I'd hate to see terrible attendance in a capital battle simply because people don't have the maps :P

And thank you, Mededust! :)

VerbotenDonkey
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Aren't both capitals non-DLC maps? >_>

KazuhLLL
12-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Aren't both capitals non-DLC maps? >_>
I can't see the Warmap because I'm on my iPod, but if the Brotherhoods capital is on the planet Harvest then I'd assume Harvest was the capital map. (Which was part of the Crimson DLC)

Anarchy
12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Harvest is BLUE's capital by lore.

Our capital on the WARMAP however is Vortex.

We'd never make a capital map DLC. At least I wouldn't. I want DLC maps in the wars, and they are, but as a capital map is just cruel...

Think of Harvest being our political capital, and vortex being our military headquarters.

Fuzzy
12-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Hah, go ahead, take the jailbait lucky, it's so young and innocent, it must be clean ; D

Yes, Anarchy! Only Unlucky, Anarchy, Myth and I now what this is about, too funny.

KazuhLLL
12-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Harvest is BLUE's capital by lore.

Our capital on the WARMAP however is Vortex.

We'd never make a capital map DLC. At least I wouldn't. I want DLC maps in the wars, and they are, but as a capital map is just cruel...

Think of Harvest being our political capital, and vortex being our military headquarters.

Alright, thanks for the clarification!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-31-2012, 06:35 PM

LMFAO, I can only imagine when I do the FBI will storm my headquarters with General Akbar in the lead. It'd better be worth our deal Anarchy ;)

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4584934269913333&pid=1.7

Deathhawk
01-02-2013, 01:31 PM

Yeah I totally misinterpreted that XD

I like that explanation though.

Choca Cola
01-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Awesome update 7 Myth, and thanks for all of the time you've given Mede, we appreciate it. :)