PDA

View Full Version : A Countdown?

bazongaman502
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/

So Major Nelson has a countdown to 2013's E3... but why does he have one for this year, but didnt have one for the others?

Is the next Xbox being announced at E3? (Notice how theres no Triple A titles bein released in the Fall this year for the 360)

What is your thoughts?

Maxdoggy
01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
The answer is yes.

Coda
01-03-2013, 11:49 PM
It'll either be announced this year or the next (I think this year) and probably released the year after it's announced. But we'll see :) only one way to find out for sure

Maxdoggy
01-04-2013, 12:53 AM
It will be announced this year and it will be released this year.

If that somehow does NOT happen, I'll be EXTREMELY surprised...along with everyone else in the industry.

The good question, however, is if the "Orbis", aka the PS4, will be released this year.

Jam Cliché
01-04-2013, 03:07 AM
The good question, however, is if the "Orbis", aka the PS4, will be released this year.

It would only be the smart move. Or at least, it would be a move learned from mistakes in the past (which may or may not be applied to the future). Meaning, that when the 360 was released, games were still being released on the PS2 and coincided with 360 releases. The PS3 was anticipated, but largely ignored. Couple this with the high price tag and the fact that Halo 3 was like an industry giant, and you have a few of the bigger arguments for the PS3's initial failure in its generation. Sales have risen plenty in recent years, but I for one still know people who can navigate a 360 menu screen with ease while finding their PS3, even after months of owning it, very unfamiliar.

If they price the console accordingly and match the release of the next Xbox, then Sony eliminates two big issues with their next console. The third issue has satisfied itself - Halo isn't a giant anymore. There are a dozen hit game series now.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-04-2013, 04:07 AM
They're making a video game based on me and it's gunna make them so much money they're announcing the announcement.

Really though if it's not something new xbox or new Halo related, it'd better be good.

UPDATE: Just saw this video, makes a lot of sense.

http://youtu.be/dzi73dnnky0