PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Microsoft Mic

Anarchy
01-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Before last semester ended, my $20 generic Microsoft mic broke. I've been since using my pair of turtle beaches, and while I love them to death, they just aren't practical when I'm in a dorm surrounded by 100 other guys within 100 feet of me. Carrying that giant thing on my head is just what it is, awkward.

So I've been scouting out getting a new mic. The crappy $20 ones are getting old, and they're fairly shitty, but I've been eying this piece of machinery:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-bluetooth-wireless-headset/93053

I can get one for $35 from Amazon.

Has anyone had experience with these? Do they work well?

Should I bother buying it? Or should I say fuck it, and just play with a massive pair of turtle beaches and give the middle finger to anyone that looks at me weird.

Jam Cliché
01-08-2013, 03:58 AM
I can vouche for it. You also won't find anything else similarly priced that works properly. Mine did fine when I had it, it only ended up suffering from furniture legs.

Silent Arbiter1
01-08-2013, 04:04 AM
haha, my $120 mic that I got for Christmas just broke today randomly, anyways they worked great up until then, I wouldnt get those cuz there not noise-cancelling, I would get the turtle beaches.

Anarchy
01-08-2013, 04:26 AM
I already have the beaches

Silent Arbiter1
01-08-2013, 04:32 AM
thats what I meant

Lil Nawty Lucia
01-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Wireless TurtleBeaches FTW. I never used that mic but from what I heard on mics like that is they pick up random noises pretty bad. Much like a turtle beach I guess. I would stick to a turtlebeach, I mean mine has like a 12 speaker surround sound built it. lol I'll take looking like a dork for that, or you could wear them like a DJ. lol

EagleOne
01-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Don't waste your money.

KazuhLLL
01-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Before last semester ended, my $20 generic Microsoft mic broke. I've been since using my pair of turtle beaches, and while I love them to death, they just aren't practical when I'm in a dorm surrounded by 100 other guys within 100 feet of me. Carrying that giant thing on my head is just what it is, awkward.

This is precisely why I play using a (literally) $10 headset, even though I have perfectly good turtle beaches here.

Anarchy
01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
This is precisely why I play using a (literally) $10 headset, even though I have perfectly good turtle beaches here.
I want to use my beaches...

But dear god will it be awkward around people.

JamiDJ
01-08-2013, 07:24 PM

So I've been scouting out getting a new mic. The crappy $20 ones are getting old, and they're fairly shitty, but I've been eying this piece of machinery:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-bluetooth-wireless-headset/93053

I can get one for $35 from Amazon.

Has anyone had experience with these? Do they work well?

Should I bother buying it? Or should I say fuck it, and just play with a massive pair of turtle beaches and give the middle finger to anyone that looks at me weird.

say fuck it, and just play with a massive pair of turtle beaches and give the middle finger to anyone that looks at you weird

bazongaman502
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
middle fingre... thats always the answer

Sicarioano
01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Dude, fuck bitches-use turtle beaches.