PDA

View Full Version : BLUE Forum issues

Jam Cliché
01-10-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't know how REDD is organized, but with the BLUE, there is only one forum listed on the main forum page, which means that there are over two dozen child forums with active threads all competing for the "Most Recent Post" slot on the main forum page. It is hard to determine if something new and important has come up. For instance. The Officer Meetings, Spectre Division Meetings, posts for Salient Company, BLUE Updates, and posts for Cyberdyne are just four of the relevant topics I may have to keep my eye on. It's easy to overlook any updates in these areas with the way things are set up now.

Is there any way we can change things around a bit? Maybe divide up a few more of these forums and subforums and make them visible in the main forum page. Maybe change away "The B.L.U.E." from a forum inside the Warzone Category, and make it a separate Category, with the subforums underneath. This would clear things up a bit, allowing for maybe five or six BLUE forums to show up on the main page. If I were to do it, I would also make Cadarn Battalion's forum a separate category, with Company forums and subforums listed within. I'm also seeing a bunch of forums who don't get much activity - some could be combined or deleted. Anyway, this is all in an effort to make communication easier for a faction. Any of these suggestions could apply to REDD as well, if they are facing similar issues. I'm certain the problem isn't with usergroup permissions, right? You can change who can see any individual forum, so changing the layout wouldn't harm that, I think.

KazuhLLL
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
I keep up to date on new posts using this:
(it's what I use as my bookmark for FC)

http://fcwars.net/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

It's not like you're saying with stuff being on the front page, but I like this better. It removes all the clutter.

Mythonian
01-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Also, the Activity Stream (http://fcwars.net/forums/activity.php) is a great way when you're online to be notified when posts happen live. The link that Kaz posted above is easily found by clicking the "What's New" navigation link in the main navbar at the top of every page.

In terms of setting up a main forum category, I definitely won't dismiss it and we very may well do it pretty soon.

If you have specific suggestions to mess with BLUE forums, Jam, Anarchy would be the person for that. The FMs are the ones who deal with the forum layout for the faction forums.

Jam Cliché
01-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Alright, I'll go to him then.

I will also remember that What's New button. My concern is that not everyone would use it, so I just want to make it simpler.

VerbotenDonkey
01-11-2013, 12:46 AM
If you aren't using "Today's Posts," I feel bad for you. :P

KazuhLLL
01-11-2013, 01:15 AM
If you aren't using "Today's Posts," I feel bad for you. :P

Agreed lol