PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Rebel - Entry 3

Platinum
01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh dear, where do I begin this time? I had my first bit of action this morning as were attacked early. The Redds must be getting desperate or they are ballsy. Attacking us on our turf? That isn't very strategic. Seeing how our post here on this colony is surrounded by strings of other posts, it wouldn't be smart to attack yet. Doesn't seem right.

Back to the firefight. It was early, really early. Another night without sleep though, damn nightmares. I heard something that sounded like a sheet of metal hitting our walls. When I go to look outside, I notice it was mortars! As I looked around for any weapons and ammo, I kept thinking of my family. My daughter and my wife, I can't die! After searching a nearby tent, I found a trusty magnum with a few rounds. As I climbed the flight of stairs to the overlook, I noticed that a few of my fellow brothers were holding out in a foxhole outside the walls. I was relieved to see some friendly faces, but I couldn't soak in it. I ran back down to the main gate, and ran across a few boulders to meet with my brothers. They asked me how in the hell did I not notice the first wave of mortars. At the time, that escaped my mind. After hours of popping out of cover to lay fire on the assaulting reds, we finally got peace. We went out to check for any survivors. As I checked the Redds' bodies, I came across someone that I seen before. After examining the man's face, I realized that he was in the my nightmares. I haven't seen him in reality, but he was actually one of many men torturing me in my dreams. After checking all the bodies and the surrounding area, me and the rest of us blues headed back to the post. I seen that one of my brothers was shot and the bullet almost hit an artery! Luckily, the doc said he should be alright in a few weeks. Lucky bastard.

It was getting dark out, and I could hear my fellow blues brag about the number of redds they have killed during their service. It's sad really, I trust those men with my life yet I don't know any of their names.

I wrote my first letter and sent it to my family back home! I can't wait until I see my baby girl. It feels like it has been years since I left them. I just hope they remember me.

John out.