PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Free Roam

SpitInMyM0uth
01-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Ok I know the majority of you guys are older and in most likely mid-twenties, but honestly think about it. How freaking AWESOME would it be if you could play a pokemon game in the form of Skyrim. Walk around as your character, whom you create, and just travel the world of pokemon as it would be experienced if it was real. I'm 16 and believe if this were to ever happen later on in my life, no matter how old I am, I would always be siked to play pokemon free roam. Come on guys, just think about it. Let's try to make this happen, someway, somehow. :D

Puba
01-12-2013, 01:17 AM
me gusta in every way

VerbotenDonkey
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Wasn't Pokemon Colosseum kind of like that? Not completely a free roam but still.

Its been talked about everywhere. We can only hope. Pokemon seems to be picking it up by now making it all 3D, but they're still stuck to the handheld devices =/

SpitInMyM0uth
01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Wasn't Pokemon Colosseum kind of like that? Not completely a free roam but still.

Yeah, and I enjoyed every minute of Pokemon Colosseum, but maybe just even revamping it would make all the difference.

Al Capone111
01-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Gen I is best!!1!!LOL!!1!!!!!!1!!! 11!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's a great concept but could never actually work. People have always been asking for a open world MMO style or RPG style free roaming game. But with all the regions and gens, it would be a real pain in the ass to do and do well. I'm perfectly fine with playing Red/Blue on a GBC emu on my Galaxy S3. Mainly because it has Gameshark built it (Before action replay all the cool kids had gamesharks)

Though I might actually drop money for a 3DS and grab X and/or Y. Obviously get Action Replay because I do what I want.

Cause I want my Charizard and Gengar.

SpitInMyM0uth
01-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Gen I is best!!1!!LOL!!1!!!!!!1!!! 11!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's a great concept but could never actually work. People have always been asking for a open world MMO style or RPG style free roaming game. But with all the regions and gens, it would be a real pain in the ass to do and do well. I'm perfectly fine with playing Red/Blue on a GBC emu on my Galaxy S3. Mainly because it has Gameshark built it (Before action replay all the cool kids had gamesharks)

Though I might actually drop money for a 3DS and grab X and/or Y. Obviously get Action Replay because I do what I want.

Cause I want my Charizard and Gengar.

Yes Gen I was best and will never be beaten. You have a good point about it being done well, but really any way they do it would be fine enough because its a Pokemon MMO/RPG game, however it'll need to be better than Pokemon Colosseum. Also think, they could start off with the first two generations, and add one generation for each DLC.

I would very much like to buy the 3DS and get X or Y, but it's just too much money. A Pokemon free roam would only cost $60 and be sold on Wii, Xbox360, and PS3 and the majority of people who play Pokemon on the DS have a Wii(from what I believe).

And yeah do what you want haha, action replays are the best

Rokkman X
01-12-2013, 02:44 AM
I always liked the idea of having a traditional pokemon game in which there were every region and you could choose your starting location and then go from there to wherever you wanted in the game after completing your region. Handheld versions would have olde school graphics but still have all of the online features and functionality of console or PC versions. With a shitty mobile version too I guess. :/

Also pokesavving your team straight out is wrong. It takes very little time to sav a breeding pair and choose the best from the litter then train that one. Then share the ones that didn't quite make the cut with the WFC.

Kcr33d
01-12-2013, 06:43 AM
I liked every version all the same, I was actually pretty disappointed for some reason I thought this might be a thread of an actual new Pokemon game coming out :( but I've always thought this would be awesome, but also make it possible to catch every single Pokemon that way you don't need to get an action replay to get the ones you want to get. Reason why I loved Yellow Version was because I could get all the starters.

Deaf
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone already made a video game online that was like that. Back in my freshman year of college, we all played a ton of pokemon and we found it. It was really neat but I think the website failed. I'll look for its name so you guys can see what it was.

KazuhLLL
01-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I always liked the idea of having a traditional pokemon game in which there were every region and you could choose your starting location and then go from there to wherever you wanted in the game after completing your region. Handheld versions would have olde school graphics but still have all of the online features and functionality of console or PC versions. With a shitty mobile version too I guess. :/

Also pokesavving your team straight out is wrong. It takes very little time to sav a breeding pair and choose the best from the litter then train that one. Then share the ones that didn't quite make the cut with the WFC.

All of this.

Al Capone111
01-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone already made a video game online that was like that. Back in my freshman year of college, we all played a ton of pokemon and we found it. It was really neat but I think the website failed. I'll look for its name so you guys can see what it was.

Nintendo/Gamefreak had the shut that game down.

Jam Cliché
01-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Agreed. Instead of trying to make more new Pokemon, give us one where we pick a starting region, play the regions in any order, and give us multiple savegame slots.

Gargoyle
01-12-2013, 01:49 PM
We're running out of colors to name our games?

**** it! We gots the alphabet now.

Seriously though, Pokemon is kind of dying as of late, and it really shouldn't be! Ideas like this could make game of the year if done right, guaranteed.

Al Capone111
01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
We've run out of ideas! To hell with it. That lamp is a pokemon and so are those ice-cream cones.