Zucav
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Just do away with it!!

Reaper
01-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I hate that shit, ban it

silversleek
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
it's perfectly fair, it's actually rather difficult to aim it for a kill shot, and timing it takes practice. I haven't seen enough boltshots to consider it a problem, and even when i do, it's easily countered by just not being right beside the person. keep them.

banning a specific weapon is just silly, may as well ban plasma pistols, they're way more op, disabling vehicles and player shields easily.

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
it's perfectly fair, it's actually rather difficult to aim it for a kill shot, and timing it takes practice. I haven't seen enough boltshots to consider it a problem, and even when i do, it's easily countered by just not being right beside the person. keep them.

banning a specific weapon is just silly, may as well ban plasma pistols, they're way more op, disabling vehicles and player shields easily.

Too many people camp with it now and it is really annoying. Plasma pistols are ways to help disable vehicles considering vehicles are an advantage to those who obtain them. The Bolt shot really isn't necessary. Those who use the Boltshot have learned how to use it more accurately which makes it very powerful. One of the reasons I don't play halo 4 much anymore.

silversleek
01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
plasma pistols make vehicles completely useless, a much bigger asset. I haven't camped with a boltshot in awhile, i only use it when i'm charging a position, or if i'm being chased and jump around a corner.

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
plasma pistols make vehicles completely useless, a much bigger asset. I haven't camped with a boltshot in awhile, i only use it when i'm charging a position, or if i'm being chased and jump around a corner.

Yea that is the point lol Making a vehicle useless lol But for the most part the accuracy isn't great on that which makes it hard to hit faster moving vehicles. Also you have to charge it like the bolt shot. Doesn't kill you instantly just stops your vehicle giving the enemy team at least a chance to stop you.

Granted you may not camp but that doesn't mean others don't. It is really an annoying weapon. I can deal with the plasma but the boltshot needs to go.

purple gamer 17
01-13-2013, 11:21 PM
What would you do, "oh if i catch you using the Bolt shot I'll ban you"
You can't really do that..... unless you want set loadouts?

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:22 PM
the plasma pistols is quite the weapon when ur team doesnt support something such as a Gauss hog or wraith or scorpian

- - - Updated - - -

What would you do, "oh if i catch you using the Bolt shot I'll ban you"
You can't really do that..... unless you want set loadouts?

I would say just to kick u from the game after 3 chances or something

THExSPIDERMAN
01-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Everyone stop bitching. It's a part of the game. Deal with it.

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:26 PM

i voted to keep it- offers easy kill for me

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:26 PM

Thus why I don't play the game often. And yes it is part of the game but this is more about our custom games. And you don't need to be fucking rude about by saying we are bitching. Can we have some conversations/debates where people don't have to be so god damn rude?

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:28 PM
rei i love u : )

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:31 PM
rei i love u : )

Awww Arbiter I <3 you too! Just for that I promise I will play your song tomorrow night. Send it to me in PM so I don't forget

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Awww Arbiter I <3 you too! Just for that I promise I will play your song tomorrow night. Send it to me in PM so I don't forget

ok ill ill try to remember, :)

Seerow
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I agree, get rid of it.

Mr Funktastiiic
01-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Sorry for being blunt but are people bitching because people are good with a weapon their bad with? Fuck it might as well ban snipers/shotguns/rockets fuck might as well ban everything except one weapon :facepalm:

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Sorry for being blunt but are people bitching because people are good with a weapon their bad with? Fuck it might as well ban snipers/shotguns/rockets fuck might as well ban everything except one weapon :facepalm:

that is kinda true but people almost always miss me with it, so its such an easy kill

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:40 PM

Can we stop saying "bitching" please? Cause I am not bitching nor is anyone else. We are expressing our opinions and I find it rude that others are labeling it as bitching.

Some people who are good with it even agree it's cheap.

VerbotenDonkey
01-13-2013, 11:41 PM
No one listened to me when I hated on it in the Beta War :(

I think it's fine now. I can outgun a Boltsholt user now. Only becomes OP when they camp corners with it, just have to be smart about it though.

Mr Funktastiiic
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Can we stop saying "bitching" please? Cause I am not bitching nor is anyone else. We are expressing our opinions and I find it rude that others are labeling it as bitching.

Some people who are good with it even agree it's cheap.

My opinion of your opinion is that it is bitching haha i joke i understand but it annoys me when people whine about stuff they could of changed during the beta war

Sicarioano
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
You use boltshot, instapermaban

ThatRussianBear
01-13-2013, 11:47 PM

This

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:48 PM
My opinion of your opinion is that it is bitching haha i joke i understand but it annoys me when people whine about stuff they could of changed during the beta war

I agree with that completely. As Donkey said, I too digressed my distaste for the bolt shot during the beta which is, yet again, the reason I decided not to take part in this war this time. I didn't like the way the maps were set up or the bolt shot. But I didn't really bitch about it then I just backed out. Now that others wish to state their dislike for it I figured I would speak my mind too. I dont see it as bitching because I already solved the problem myself lol WHY CAN I NO BE PART OF CONVERSATION! lol

ThatRussianBear
01-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Thus why I don't play the game often. And yes it is part of the game but this is more about our custom games. And you don't need to be fucking rude about by saying we are bitching. Can we have some conversations/debates where people don't have to be so god damn rude?

He's not being rude, you are all bitching about something that is used against you. Try getting good with it and you guys would rather keep it too. I too am against camping, but it's all part of the game and can be used as a strategic gun.

Seerow
01-13-2013, 11:52 PM
The problem isnt that its powerful, its that its a load out weapon. whats wrong with it is that it seems to be just as strong (if not stronger) then a shotgun with more range.

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:54 PM
He's not being rude, you are all bitching about something that is used against you. Try getting good with it and you guys would rather keep it too. I too am against camping, but it's all part of the game and can be used as a strategic gun.

Telling people to quit bitching and deal with it to me is very rude. I hate it when people say that in general. No offense but it's really immature to say that. It really isn't hard to use the bolt shot. Charge, point, shoot, dead. Simple. I prefer not to use the boltshot not because I suck with it because, frankly I don't, but because it's a cheap way to get kills and it just pisses people off. I like to be fair. Honestly if I used the bolt shot more often my k/d would prolly be a hell of a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem isnt that its powerful, its that its a load out weapon. whats wrong with it is that it seems to be just as strong (if not stronger) then a shotgun with more range.

honestly this is ok to me. I agree with this

Silent Arbiter1
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
i wanna shotgun instead :(

Mr Funktastiiic
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Telling people to quit bitching and deal with it to me is very rude. I hate it when people say that in general. No offense but it's really immature to say that. It really isn't hard to use the bolt shot. Charge, point, shoot, dead. Simple. I prefer not to use the boltshot not because I suck with it because, frankly I don't, but because it's a cheap way to get kills and it just pisses people off. I like to be fair. Honestly if I used the bolt shot more often my k/d would prolly be a hell of a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

honestly this is ok to me. I agree with this

Im immature its what makes me so loveable... if you dont like it dont use it, if you dont want to be killed with it dont run at people pointing a bolt shot at your face

xXReiBearXx
01-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Im immature its what makes me so loveable... if you dont like it dont use it, if you dont want to be killed with it dont run at people pointing a bolt shot at your face

I kind of said that already lol I don't use the bolt shot. And I don't run at people when they have it...people do this thing called camping where they sit around a corner and await you with a charged bolt shot and without you knowing it BOOM dead...

KazuhLLL
01-13-2013, 11:59 PM

The difference is that you can't spawn with snipers/shotguns/rockets.

I'm actually quite good with the boltshot, and it's what I have in all but my BTB loadouts. But I would be ecstatic if it were taken out. Unfortunately, 343 gave us no options to block only specific loadout weapons, so I don't really know how we would enforce it without hearing a bunch of whining of "I didn't know!" from the newer guys. I mean, we could treat it how we do tea-bagging(if we see it, and have video, you get punished) and make the rule very apparent from the bootcamp onward but really that's above my paygrade.

Mr Funktastiiic
01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
tbh i havnt even played halo 4 online yet, i just like fucking with people

Black ZR1
01-14-2013, 12:03 AM
It needs to go. Sure, I've used it in free for all matches in Regicide, and have seen people use only that weapon, and it is simply rediculous to get kills with it. The fact you can be jet packing above an enemy a good distance and he still kills you is absurd. It has a range that rivals the shotgun, and the fact its a loadout weapon makes it worse. And a whole team using having one as their secondary adds insult to injury.

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:07 AM
tbh i havnt even played halo 4 online yet, i just like fucking with people

And that sir is what we call a troll...

Mr Funktastiiic
01-14-2013, 12:11 AM
And that sir is what we call a troll...

I was right though, you missed your chance to change it no point bitching now

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:14 AM
um no? I didn't miss my chance to "bitch" I did mention it before but it went ignored therefore I leave you with this :cyclopsbanana::satanbana na::banana::-D

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 12:20 AM
ITT- people with bad situational awareness trying to get rid of a gun because they're bad with it, and against it.

bazongaman502
01-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Id say keep it. Sure its overpowerd, but it can be beat... just like AL in Reach.

Hard Light sheild is great against the bolt shot, which can also reflect the bullets back to the shooter as well.

But if we remove it, i understand why

Jam Cliché
01-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Well, the only way to remove it would be preset loadouts. I support these, few others do. So it'll have to stay. I hate it, but I endure it. I faced quite a few BSers today and my team still won, so it proves we can overcome it.

VerbotenDonkey
01-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Well, the only way to remove it would be preset loadouts.

Or ban those who use it lol. Just save the film. More of a hassle.

Still say just leave it in though. I hate it cause I don't believe anything should be in a loadout that can instantly kill you, but it's not too much of an overkill where I care enough to take it out.

bazongaman502
01-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Still say just leave it in though. I hate it cause I don't believe anything should be in a loadout that can instantly kill you, but it's not too much of an overkill where I care enough to take it out.

Blackhawk570
01-14-2013, 01:20 AM
If you guys watch the VbD vs Blue Phoenix on Haven game for Hill 30 you will see how the boltshot is used as a power weapon. I used it in response but when it comes to their strategy for Hill on Haven they were completely dominant. They hid in BLUE and REDD landing and also on Blue Plat. Basically this allowed them to never be hit by DMR bullets so they made u come at them while they had boltshots. I admit they shot better than me with it, but there was no other way to get to the hill other than going through their bolt shots. I tried various methods. Going through REDD street, mohawk, open ramp. They just used the shit out of and completely zoned us from the hill. If they didn't have boltshots the trades would have been better for us and possibly going over into our favor. Their tool of destruction was the DMR but still boltshots WITH impeccable positioning is why they won that game.

Guzzie
01-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Could care less if its removed or not. I have no problem going up against someone who is using a boltshot. In my opinion, it is not a game breaking weapon. If you are mad or upset at the fact that you are repeatedly being killed by it, then I suggest you take a closer look at your gameplay and work on your awareness.

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Could care less if its removed or not. I have no problem going up against someone who is using a boltshot. In my opinion, it is not a game breaking weapon. If you are mad or upset at the fact that you are repeatedly being killed by it, then I suggest you take a closer look at your gameplay and work on your awareness.

I agree. As I said earlier, it's people with bad awareness who keep getting killed. You have a motion sensor for a reason.

Black ZR1
01-14-2013, 02:15 AM
If you guys watch the VbD vs Blue Phoenix on Haven game for Hill 30 you will see how the boltshot is used as a power weapon. I used it in response but when it comes to their strategy for Hill on Haven they were completely dominant. They hid in BLUE and REDD landing and also on Blue Plat. Basically this allowed them to never be hit by DMR bullets so they made u come at them while they had boltshots. I admit they shot better than me with it, but there was no other way to get to the hill other than going through their bolt shots. I tried various methods. Going through REDD street, mohawk, open ramp. They just used the shit out of and completely zoned us from the hill. If they didn't have boltshots the trades would have been better for us and possibly going over into our favor. Their tool of destruction was the DMR but still boltshots WITH impeccable positioning is why they won that game.
That's funny, 'cause the EXACT same thing happened in my CTF game against Vbd on Haven. We lost quite severely too.

Harry
01-14-2013, 02:29 AM
<-- Boltshot enthusiast.

Jam Cliché
01-14-2013, 02:55 AM
I should clarify my last post. I hate the weapon, but I would rather it be in than outlawed and have to hear about this or that person that got caught using it in some game night. So the only reasonable way to fix it is preset loadouts, which few people advocate. Those defending its use know it is overpowered and would rather it be in than out because they use it.

Zucav
01-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Wheelman is a good counter for the green gun.. However it seems that the only useful counter for the boltshot would be a shotgun, scatter or, sword. However even those dont always do the trick.. im just saying as a starting weapon its not very even (for halo), it is however part of the game and the only way to really "get rid of it" would be to have custom loadouts. Which probably wouldn't fly. The real point of me starting this thread was to express that i was pissed off a getting killed by it.. honestly i think that 343 should patch it up a bit. as far as getting rid of it all together, its not something that is really feasible in FC.
I think yes, everyone hates getting killed by a 1 shot starting weapon however when you get a triple kill on 3 guys with snipers you can kind of see that the sniper is no longer a power weapon.. the boltshot it..

i under stand that there is a great deal of timing with it however with a radar its really not that difficult..
maybe take the whole radar out of FC?.. idk. that might have been a better poll. Non the less, everyone like an easy kill and no one likes getting killed easy..

also.. stop bitching about people bitching.. everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it and to talk about it. complaining about others complaints is just down right contemplative.. <--(example)

sorry for the grammar and spelling errors.. im tired and going to bed now..

-Z-

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Like i said MANY times in this post. This is why I am not doing this war. No matter how much I play halo I am not going to get any better than I am. I play to have fun. The People say "use your radar" "Get better" "Awareness" yada yada. #1 camping means the person isn't moving therefore doesn't show up on radar. #2 the boltshot is a weapon that you can get from the start. If anything I have to go with keiichi that it should be like all the other power weapons in the game that you have to find on the map itself. Honestly how fun would it be if everyone spawned with a freaking rocket launcher? Either way I can see everyone is voting to keep it so I guess I will continue to not participate in this war.

Nocte
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I lol at this topic. This reminds me so much of Elites, people saw them as "unfair" because of a slight advantage. The boltshot's range isn't nearly as good as a shotgun, and you have to charge the shot, not pump a new shell into the chamber.

I don't play in the wars, but I do find the boltshot to be rather annoying in the normal MM. Ya know what, I find sticky grenades annoying as hell too, because they tend to kill me. It's a part of the game, just deal with it.

Gargoyle
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Boltshot's accuracy, failure to shoot again if missed,only two charged shots per mag, plus, there are many ways to counter the boltshot like zonga said; Hard light shield.

I don't like the boltshot, but it's all about playing their game. Go around a corner, get killed by boltshot? It's all about playing their game. It's a tactic. Get some range or get some evasion. Boltshot fails in that.

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Yea can we all stop saying it's part of the game cause I think we all know that already. The point of this thread was about the use of it in OUR game battles. That part we actually have control over. Just saying.

Nocte
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Yea can we all stop saying it's part of the game cause I think we all know that already. The point of this thread was about the use of it in OUR game battles. That part we actually have control over. Just saying.

That's all well and good, but it's removing something simply because some people can't think outside of the box to beat the problem. Which to me would be a problem. Garg and many others have given ways to beat the boltshot, some people like it. Hell for a while there I even did, but I got bored of it. Now I only find the charge feature useful for taking out damaged Ghosts as they rush towards me.

You shouldn't try and remove something, simply because you don't like dying from it. Some people enjoy using it, so why remove their fun because you don't like it. That's selfish. It isn't as if the weapon is breaking the game and needs to be removed until 343 fixes it.

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
That's all well and good, but it's removing something simply because some people can't think outside of the box to beat the problem. Which to me would be a problem. Garg and many others have given ways to beat the boltshot, some people like it. Hell for a while there I even did, but I got bored of it. Now I only find the charge feature useful for taking out damaged Ghosts as they rush towards me.

You shouldn't try and remove something, simply because you don't like dying from it. Some people enjoy using it, so why remove their fun because you don't like it. That's selfish. It isn't as if the weapon is breaking the game and needs to be removed until 343 fixes it.

keep the blot shot, people get pissed

Remove bolt shot people get pissed.

No matter what people aren't going to like it. It isn't selfish for people asking for a fighting chance. You say why ruin people's fun from using it? Well why ruin people's fun by having everyone use it? I don't use it because I know it makes me upset when it's used on me so why would I do it to other people? Either way I'm just gonna stop posting about it. I have said my peace so I will leave it at that. Much love and respect as always

Al Capone111
01-14-2013, 01:03 PM
When I use a Holo and someone is chasing it and I run behind them shooting with the DMR and land 4 shots and they can switch to the BS, charge it, turn and fire it before I land the last shot. Thats called bullshit. It's no different than wielding two Maulers, except now you can spawn with it. Get rid of it. Fixed classes are fine with me. I really don't give a shit. I'm tired of walking passed every corner and getting shot by some asshat camping with BS.

Seerow
01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
I'd much rather go back to reach or have preset load outs then deal with Campers with bolt shots xD

mad bagger12
01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
I wanna duel wield bolt shots....

Metkil5685
01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
There is a lot of discussion going on about this, so let me throw my opinion in. The boltshot, it's annoying, I won't lie. However, I'm not in favor of attempting to remove it from the battles. Here are my reasons why.

1) Deal with it. Now don't take this wrong way, but Halo is a game of adaptation. When I say deal with it, I don't mean suck it up and just take it. No, adapt your playstyle to adjust to it. I know before every battle night I set up at least 3 classes for different situations depending on what happens in the battles. I have my standard loadout, my EVA loadout, and then my CQC-Counter loadout. That 3rd one is specifically meant for games when CQC weapons (AR, Shotgun, Boltshot, etc.) are being used a lot. With this loadout, I can specifically counter those CQC weapons. In that sense, I dealt with it. Learning to adapt to changing circumstances is what makes you a great gamer. People using boltshot in the match? Well I best adapt what I'm doing so I don't have to worry about it.

2) From the perspective of trying to keep the weapon under control should it get banned or whatever is just ridiculous. Just imagine this. mad bagger12, I'm gonna use you as an example since your new and your comment suggests you like the boltshot. Let's say we ban it. mad bagger12 here goes into his first battle night and uses the boltshot. In his first battlenight he gets an infraction for using a weapon he enjoys. How do you think he feels now? You think he's going to want to keep playing? No. Also, where does the banning come in. What if someone gets in game, has the boltshot the whole games but doesn't use it once. Is that an infraction? Judging this situation has too much behind it.

I have a few more things to say about this, so this may seem inconsistent. I just ran out of time and have to run to a meeting. I will be back later tonight to finish what I'm saying in this post. However, I want to stress that adaption is the name of the game (well Halo 4 is the actual name of the game.....).

mad bagger12
01-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh no no no. I do not like the Bolt Shot lol I was just making a joke lol

Silko
01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
My opinion about the boltshot

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24739642.jpg

Gargoyle
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Before anyone else makes a post, someone correct me:

Did we not make a poll about preset loadouts vs. personal loadouts for the wars?

Nocte
01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Of course Rei, I really wanted to discuss this and you just up and leave. Now I'm gonna sit here and talk to this here wall.

I agree with Metkil however and that's the point I'm trying to get across. Something I never understood about this place, people never wanted to adapt. They wanted everything nice and perfectly balanced. (When it comes to in game things. Players are different.)

You don't see topics like this go up when someone is really good with a certain vehicle and runs the entire game with it.

Ex: I keep running to the same spot, from the same direction, through the same opening, and I keep dying. Now damnit how will I fix that? I either A.) Won't run that damn way again. B.) Take a different approach to the problem. C.) Find someone else to fight.

Same goes for the boltshot. If you know someone on the enemy team is using a boltshot, don't cut corners short. Cut em wide to make the range of the thing ineffective. I agree sometimes you get caught up in the moment and you die from it then, well then their strategy worked and you lost because of it. Sometimes I'm able to shove a sticky down some guy's throat because we got really close to each other, he only fired off his weapon. Sometimes that strategy doesn't work, and sometimes it works both ways. Heyyo I got a kill from the grave!

Halo is adaptive, and that's what makes the game so great and so loved.

Al Capone111
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Put it in a drop. I don't care. It's the fact that you can (and many people do) spawn with it. The fact you can spawn with a 1 hit 1 kill weapon is stupid.

silversleek
01-14-2013, 04:32 PM
you also spawn with a knife that's a one hit kill (assassinations), you can spawn with sticky nades which are one shot kills, pulse grenades can be a one shot if you use them properly.

Al Capone111
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
you also spawn with a knife that's a one hit kill (assassinations), you can spawn with sticky nades which are one shot kills, pulse grenades can be a one shot if you use them properly.

Getting a true assassination (full animation and such) hard to do and not needed. It's really for bragging rights and humiliation purposes. Quick punch to the back of the head is instant. Plus it only work from the back. Unless you are playing on Dial-up, which means you can snipe assassinate people.

Stickies in this game suck. I can't even tell you how many times I have witnessed a grenade land on a person and magically fall off. Or go by a person and pull a 180 and land on there back. Getting a actual stick is hard as hell in this game. When compared to previous games.

The BS is one hit one kill from any angle. If it didn't charge so damn fast it would be one thing.

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Getting a true assassination (full animation and such) hard to do and not needed. It's really for bragging rights and humiliation purposes. Quick punch to the back of the head is instant. Plus it only work from the back. Unless you are playing on Dial-up, which means you can snipe assassinate people.

Stickies in this game suck. I can't even tell you how many times I have witnessed a grenade land on a person and magically fall off. Or go by a person and pull a 180 and land on there back. Getting a actual stick is hard as hell in this game. When compared to previous games.

The BS is one hit one kill from any angle. If it didn't charge so damn fast it would be one thing.

If all you have is anecdotal evidence, you may as well stop talking.

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 06:05 PM

You need to stop being so rude mr

KazuhLLL
01-14-2013, 06:09 PM

You really aren't adding anything there yourself, bud.

Anyway, all I can say is I have my fingers crossed for the "late-February" TU to slightly increase the charge time and drastically reduce the range. Really if the range were at least a hair or two below the Scattershot as opposed to a hair or two above the UNSC shotgun, then my problems with it would be all but gone.

Silent Arbiter1
01-14-2013, 06:29 PM

well you see (I like meddling : ) the bolt shot is one hit kill if all the projectiles hit u, and people almost always miss me, but ima beast with so I never miss!

- - - Updated - - -

rei stop bein so rude to the noobie-jeez

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
You really aren't adding anything there yourself, bud.

Anyway, all I can say is I have my fingers crossed for the "late-February" TU to slightly increase the charge time and drastically reduce the range. Really if the range were at least a hair or two below the Scattershot as opposed to a hair or two above the UNSC shotgun, then my problems with it would be all but gone.

The gun is fine as it is. It takes skill to aim and time to charge. You have to know where the enemy is going to be before you use it. It's not like people are pulling it out mid firefight and using it,

- - - Updated - - -

He needs to come up with a good reason to get rid of the gun.

Al Capone111
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
It's not like people are pulling it out mid firefight and using it

What game are you playing? That shit happens all the fucking time

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 06:52 PM

If you pull it out and try to use it like that you're dead. You have to break contact with your enemy, get them to follow you and charge it up before they get there. It's useless unless it's a surprise.

KazuhLLL
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
It's not like people are pulling it out mid firefight and using it

^What he said. Lol.

Anyway, most of my problems with the gun aren't during Slayer games—it's fine when you have real 1v1 shootouts. It's when you start getting into the objective ones. Camping flag spawn, camping hill, camping a dominion base, camping an extraction point, guarding camping your team's ball carrier, etc. Using Pvision in slayer games, if I see someone crouching around the corner with a boltshot I just ignore them and go kill someone else. But you can't just ignore the objective and expect to win. If I wanted to play such a campy 1-shot-kill game, I'd just start a lobby of shotty-snipes on Exile or go play COD.

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
^What he said. Lol.

Anyway, most of my problems with the gun aren't during Slayer games—it's fine when you have real 1v1 shootouts. It's when you start getting into the objective ones. Camping flag spawn, camping hill, camping a dominion base, camping an extraction point, guarding camping your team's ball carrier, etc. Using Pvision in slayer games, if I see someone crouching around the corner with a boltshot I just ignore them and go kill someone else. But you can't just ignore the objective and expect to win. If I
wanted to play such a campy 1-shot-kill game, I'd just start a game of shotty-snipes on Exile or something.

Lure them out. As I've stated before the boltshots slow reload and charge are a huge weakness. Walk in for half a second and back out, he has wasted a shot and because of that he's dead. And if you see a boltshot user before he charged his gun and he still kills you, you're just bad.

Metkil5685
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Oh no no no. I do not like the Bolt Shot lol I was just making a joke lol

Haha, sorry I used you for the example then. lol.

Before anyone else makes a post, someone correct me:

Did we not make a poll about preset loadouts vs. personal loadouts for the wars?

We did in fact have a poll about personal vs preset loadouts for the wars. It was a hefty win towards personal loadouts.

Keep it civil and constructive people.

If you pull it out and try to use it like that you're dead. You have to break contact with your enemy, get them to follow you and charge it up before they get there. It's useless unless it's a surprise.

This is so true. Mid-combat it's so useless. However, as KazuhLLL was saying, its a very campy weapon where objectives are typically located. But again, this is where the game of adaption comes in. With the exception of some places where people can hide in oddball, almost all objective locations have more the one way to get to the objective. Being a Halo player you have to learn how to counter what might in the objective location. You may die a couple times trying to counter, but once you figure out how, you have them in your pocket for a few kills now until they adapt to what your doing. This is the cycle of competitive games. I see this kind of thing in every other competitive game I play.

Also fair warning to everyone, any more nonconstructive posts relating to this topic will lead to an infraction the closing of this thread. Keep it civil, respectful, and constructive.

Nocte
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Spidey, I'm a huge fan and all, but you're kinda skipping the whole "friendly neighborhood" part.

Zucav
01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
yay getting rid of it is now in the lead..

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Spidey, I'm a huge fan and all, but you're kinda skipping the whole "friendly neighborhood" part.

Sorry man, I had the black suit on today.

SPARTAN 104 RT
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
While the Boltshot can be used to camp corners or objective spawn areas, I still like it. Many people have started using this weapon online, some in better ways than others. The now excessive use of the weapon forces the rest of us to evolve our gameplay and tactics to cope with and overcome its use as a campers gun. The gun is a part of the game and therefore deserves to stay in our games.

Silent Arbiter1
01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
so... the bolt shot is overpowered?

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
so... the bolt shot is overpowered?

No. It's too easy to counter to be overpowered.

Silent Arbiter1
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
still got the threads though=P

THExSPIDERMAN
01-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Lol you banned from chat box.

Lil Nawty Lucia
01-15-2013, 02:52 AM
Personally I love people who use the boltshot I just get out my trusty ol Assualt class. (Pvision, Grenadier, Explosives,) I normally get them with the first grenade. I have played a lot of games and I would like to think I started developing a sixth sense when it comes to traps.

Toast78901
01-16-2013, 01:30 AM
I feel that the real problem with the boltshot, as many have brought up, is balance. It's the fact that a person is starting out with a one-shot in their loadout. If that seems fine to you, then I guess you would also support scattershots being made loadout weapons as well, right? The point is, Halo has always had a multiplayer founded on balance. I feel that 343 dropped the ball here by first including the weapon as a loadout option in the first place, and secondly by not having nerfed it yet. However, seeing as how we run our own games, I don't see why we shouldn't take it upon ourselves to correct 343's mistake.

This does not necessarily mean preset loadouts. Although it is a solution, many people have expressed their distaste for such an action. The balance that would be provided by that is another conversation entirely.

The simple solution to enforcing a boltshot ban would be to do what we do with teabagging. If someone uses one, the opposing team can save the video, and report it like any other infraction. Thus, the argument of it being too difficult to track and take care of doesn't really hold up.

As for the anecdote of a person feeling bad for getting banned their first game for using a weapon they enjoy; to be completely honest that is a weak-ass argument. If that were the case, why not apply that same argument to a newbie who brought in non-FC combattants, or teabagged, or anything else against FC policy.

And yes, I understand the argument of having the players just adapt. However, the point is they shouldn't have to. Under normal circumstances, I would agree with this statement. However, considering that this weapon's loadout status may be seen as a mistake on 343's part, I feel that this issue deserves special consideration. Why not just allow rocket launchers, or snipers, or shotguns as loadout wepons, and just have the players adapt? I'll tell you why; because it doesn't make sense to include a power or one-shot weapon as an option for one's loadout simply on the basis of it disrupting balance.

I'm not bad with the boltshot, and yeah, I could use it in retaliation and turn the tables if I really wanted to, but I don't. Why? Because integrity. I refuse to use a weapon that I am ideologically opposed to. If I wanted to play a game that lacked player integrity, I'd just go and buy CoD (unfortunately, I'd then be stuck with an gaming engine from '09). Point being, I hate the weapon in the abstract, and thus refuse to use it.

As of now, it seems that there are more people who would like to see the weapon banned than kept. In the end, I hope whatever decision is made about the boltshot accurately reflects the majority opinion of active FC members. I'll also keep an eye on this thread, as well as respond when able, due to my interest in the opposing side's viewpoint.

Toast out.

Mythonian
01-16-2013, 01:46 AM
At first, when I unlocked the Boltshot, I was 100% agreeing that it was overpowered.

However, two months later, I disagree with that claim.

Especially these last few weeks, I've adapted to it and have been killed much less by boltshots, able to take advantage of their limited range to get kills that otherwise they would have gotten if they stuck with their primary weapon, or even had a Magnum.

When going up against boltshots, instead of complaining about it, adapt your playstyle. Now, when I get killed by a boltshot, I don't think "broken, overpowered weapon" I think "I made a mistake in that engagement."

Seriously, go try playing as if everyone started with a shotgun except you. Quit walking blindly around corners, use prenades, listen to the charging sounds for boltshots, recognize the names of enemies that commonly use boltshots, and turn that against them.

Honestly, they aren't that overpowered at all in my opinion. They have a very specific niche in this game, but you guys are unintentionally expanding that niche by your gameplay mistakes.

The niche of the boltshot is an anti-melee, anti-shotgun soft-counter. Play games with that in mind and you'll notice that the gun is much less effective than you guys allow it to be. For example, during a testing game of Unbound earlier, KazuhLLL killed me like 5-7 times with the boltshot, because I was recklessly charging for no reason. Once I stopped charging him, I wasn't killed by a boltshot anymore.

And, honestly, plasma grenades are a fantastic counter to the boltshot, by the way. 90% of the time, they will charge at you while preparing to shoot, making an easy sticky target. The other 10%, you are close enough for them to strafe, which was another gameplay mistake.

The boltshot changes the battlefield, but it doesn't break it. Adapt instead of complaining about it. >.>

Coda
01-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Is it a bit overpowered? Yeah. Does it break the game? No.

I completely agree with myth :)

Toast78901
01-16-2013, 04:04 AM
I don't feel it's a game breaker at all, and to be honest, I'll support whatever becomes the majority opinion. I do however feel that we should try to balance gameplay as much as possible.

Normally I would agree with Mythonian and the others who suggested that we just adapt, and if the majority feels that we should keep it, that's what all of us will have to do. However, I do feel that the boltshot becomes a problem with camping on objective game types on the sole ground that it doesn't matter how many times you clear out the campers, they will be back in 5 seconds, 1 shot kills in hand.

Again, I do feel it's something that can be worked around if kept. Definitely not a game breaker by any means, but I think it does throw off the kind of balanced gameplay that Halo has always prided itself upon.

PhoenixPrime
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Unless you have a plan put forth to ensure that the boltshot cannot be used (More than just a rule change. I want to see a fool-proof plan), this will not change FC policy, no matter how annoying the bloody thing is.

I voted to keep it on the basis that's it's impractical to ban something we can't enforce.

xXReiBearXx
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
So I guess the fact that there is a vote going on goes ignored? More so since the majority say get rid of it. Just saying lol

mad bagger12
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
I voted to get rid of it because I thought you meant take it out of the game altogether. If it's in the game it should stay in battles, if you don't like it learn to counter it. It's part of the game, deal with it.

xXReiBearXx
01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
I voted to get rid of it because I thought you meant take it out of the game altogether. If it's in the game it should stay in battles, if you don't like it learn to counter it. It's part of the game, deal with it.

Yes it is in the game that we have no control over but as far as battles those can be customized. I think if more people wish it to be gone it should be considered. Maybe test it out to see if there is improvement in games without it. Again worse case is we go back to normal.

Coda
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
In the next war, we could have preset loadouts. Maybe really simple ones. Like... AR/magnum BR/magnum DMR/magnum and that's it? But that's not the matter at hand

mad bagger12
01-16-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't like it in the game at all but if 343i put it there I can deal with it. If we're taking out overpowered weapons we might as well take the DMR too. It's waaaaay stronger than the BR/Carbine/Light Rifle in my personal opinion.

Mythonian
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Normally I would agree with Mythonian and the others who suggested that we just adapt, and if the majority feels that we should keep it, that's what all of us will have to do. However, I do feel that the boltshot becomes a problem with camping on objective game types on the sole ground that it doesn't matter how many times you clear out the campers, they will be back in 5 seconds, 1 shot kills in hand.

That's one way that I meant it changes the game. Overall, everyone can agree that Halo 4 plays faster than previous games, with permanent sprint and most of the new weapons, the game is very fast-paced.

However, the Boltshot disrupts that. If you play the game fast, such as sprinting around corners or toward objectives, you are falling into the trap of the boltshot. Which is one of the gameplay mistakes I mentioned in the last post.

Slow down the way you play, throw more nades into objectives and get into positions to shoot at the objectives from farther away, and suddenly the boltshot camping is also much, much less effective.

I don't think it upsets balance, it changes the balance slightly away from fast-paced gameplay. Play more conservatively for a few games, and you'll be agreeing with my views. (seriously, try it, it works!)

So I guess the fact that there is a vote going on goes ignored? More so since the majority say get rid of it. Just saying lol
Yes it is in the game that we have no control over but as far as battles those can be customized. I think if more people wish it to be gone it should be considered. Maybe test it out to see if there is improvement in games without it. Again worse case is we go back to normal.
In the next war, we could have preset loadouts. Maybe really simple ones. Like... AR/magnum BR/magnum DMR/magnum and that's it? But that's not the matter at hand
During the Beta War, this was one of the things we tested out. We tried preset loadouts and removed the Boltshot and Active Camouflage.

And everyone disliked using preset loadouts and wanted to go back to personal loadouts, aside from the 5% that wanted to merely adjust the preset loadouts.

It may be true that the majority want to remove boltshot, but the majority does not want preset loadouts. Feel free to make another poll about that, and you'll see very different answers.

Preset loadouts restrict playstyles and force players into using more specific tactics. Players that usually play the game in a very specific way, using the optimal loadout to get that done, will suddenly be forced into using one of only a handful preset loadouts, none of which will work the same way. This means they will be uncomfortable with using it, and overall will not be enjoying the games as much.

Eventually, hopefully 343i adds an option to restrict personal loadouts by enabling us to remove specific options. In this situation, it is entirely possible that we'd remove Boltshot and some other weapons. However, unfortunately we do not have that possibility at the moment, and the concept of preset loadouts is not well-liked by the community.

So go into matchmaking and play a few games conservatively instead of rushing/sprinting everywhere, and see how it counters the boltshot. After a few games, you'll see how often you end up killing the boltshot users instead of them killing you, and you'll see the limitations of the weapon.

Lil Nawty Lucia
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Eventually, hopefully 343i adds an option to restrict personal loadouts by enabling us to remove specific options. In this situation, it is entirely possible that we'd remove Boltshot and some other weapons. However, unfortunately we do not have that possibility at the moment, and the concept of preset loadouts is not well-liked by the community.

The talk of remove just a couple of weapons is stupid, because that is just a slippery slope. 343i did a wonderful job of balancing the weapons in Halo 4, No single weapon can dominate all the others, like the BR did in Halo 2 and 3. The Boltshot has its place as every other weapon does. Remove the boltshot and I can steam roll objectives with a few grenades and a magnum, remove the DMR then you cant stop the snipers, remove sticky grenades then vehicles go on endless rampages. Believe it or not but 343i did an amazing job, the weapons are so balanced I cant just you one weapon I cycle through them each week, finding new purposes each time, and that is how I better myself as a Halo player.

You guys start limiting what we can put in Loadouts, and I will probably just move on to another community because this would be just another MLG Try hard group, that wants to play a very narrow minded games. This is a War Simulator and war isnt always fair. Removing just one weapon would have you guys chasing your tails trying to balance everything, just remember how much trouble there is with ordinance.

The Boltshot it self isnt OP its the Wielder that is OP.

Jam Cliché
01-16-2013, 02:04 PM

The problem with that is we only have 5 preset loadouts to work with. There are 7 starting primary weapons. In fact, there's a ton of equipment we wouldn't have if we simplified them too much. We'd have to add that equipment to ordnance drops, and if we did, it would dilute the frequency of getting the drops you want. Not to mention, with preset loadouts, you can't have any of the specialization traits.

If you try to make a balanced set of loadouts that uses every piece of equipment and trait available, then someone is going to complain that nothing tailors to their gaming preference. I argue that people should try to overcome the limitations and not rely on a loadout, but it's easier to overcome Boltshot then go through all that process. And thus is why we don't have preset loadouts.

KazuhLLL
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Remove the boltshot and I can steam roll objectives with a few grenades and a magnum
So I bet you were quite the steamroller in H3 and Reach when the Boltshot was never there to stop you? ;P

The Boltshot it self isnt OP its the Wielder that is OP.
Wut? In terms of overall sandbox I might agree with you, but the fact that you can spawn with it is what makes is imbalanced. Even using your own terms of "its the Wielder that is OP", then would that not mean that anyone who chooses not to use (or refuses to use) the Boltshot as their secondary is—immediately upon spawning—at a handicap compared to the ones that (ab)use it?

And this is coming from a rather proficient Boltshot user, to say the least. There are literally times when I will see a Scattershot ordnance and I pick it up and drop it just so it'll despawn—all the while keeping my Boltshot instead of it because it's easier to get kills with the Boltshot xD

While I would agree about the slippery slope of removing other weapons, and I would agree that 343 has done a pretty fantastic job of balancing the sandbox, the Boltshot is literally the only weapon I would be okay with removing (even though I use it). It's trying to fill it's own niche but instead it got stuck in that of the Shotgun and Scattershot. This not only making it frustrating to play against immediately off of spawn, but it also significantly reduces the effectiveness of actual power weapons like the Shotgun, Scattershot, Energy Sword, and Gravity Hammer.

VerbotenDonkey
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
It's suppose to be somewhat of a counter to someone who's using CQC weapons, like the sword or shotgun. You know you've been in a game where someone is just wrecking with the sword. The boltshot is meant as a way to help you counter them. It's not AS good as the shotgun, because you only get one shot before having to charge up again, and you also have to charge in the first place, and then reload after two shots.

Wouldn't mind if it was removed. People can be very annoying with it in the heat of combat, when you don't even know they have it out or something. However, if you see someone with it out, I can't tell you how many times they try to run at me with the boltshot and I just backpeddle and spam DMR shots at them. If they have it out, they have no range with it, so they're VERY vulnerable to ranged weapons.

xXReiBearXx
01-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I am going to bolt shot you all in the face because I can lol

Nicholas Sapien
01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Get rid of it!

THExSPIDERMAN
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
No, it stays.

Jam Cliché
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
No, it stays.

I didn't know it was your decision.

THExSPIDERMAN
01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
I never said it was. I'm just saying what's going to happen. No need for a smart-ass reply.

Nicholas Sapien
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
I never said it was. I'm just saying what's going to happen. No need for a smart-ass reply.

it may or may not happen :)

Silent Arbiter1
01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
haha this thread is still popular!

THExSPIDERMAN
01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
it may or may not happen :)

There's no chance of it happening. It would be too hard to monitor, and the difference between people who want it out and people who want it in is too small.

Silent Arbiter1
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Donkey is right about the sword counter thing (mobility+sword=invincibl e) but It kinda makes the sword useless cuz the sword guy and boltshot guy almost always die together, I voted to keep it because its easy to trick the boltsot guy(just jump just before they shoot:)) its an easy way to get a kill for me so its a good thing and a bad thing at the same time, but I would still like to keep it.

XxClearSh0txX
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:
The niche of the boltshot is an anti-melee, anti-shotgun soft-counter.That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.

KazuhLLL
01-16-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.

:stupid:

Silent Arbiter1
01-16-2013, 09:57 PM
lol

Platinum
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
I voted to get rid of that crap. However, after thinking about it, I realized that it should stay. For one, it would be difficult to enforce such a ban of a popular gun.

It is also easy to counter such a gun. If you see a red dot move around the corner then it suddenly disappears, don't run head first. That isn't Halo strategy, its a call of duty move. Instead of rushing ahead, call out to your team. Or maybe you could bank a grenade off a wall to prepare the bolt player for a quick headshot. There are multiple ways to counter a gun like so, but people tend to forget so.

343 even attempts to balance it by having the gun emit a noise while being charged.

Mythonian
01-16-2013, 11:23 PM
What do you do if the enemies are all using precision loadout weapons? You won't expose yourself to long sight-lines.

What do you do if the enemies are using assault rifles? You want the longest signt-lines you can get.

What do you do if the enemies have a sniper rifle? Expose yourself as little as possible.

What do you do if they have rockets? Don't group up and try to prevent yourself from staying close to walls.

What do you do if they have a CQC power weapon? You grenade around corners and never walk blindly around them.

What do you do if they have boltshots? Adapt and change just like all the previous examples. Quit playing as if they don't have a boltshot, and start countering it.

However, if you see someone with it out, I can't tell you how many times they try to run at me with the boltshot and I just backpeddle and spam DMR shots at them. If they have it out, they have no range with it, so they're VERY vulnerable to ranged weapons.
This is a perfect example of turning the weapon against them. If you don't fall into their trap, they're an easy target.

I don't see a good reason for the boltshot to have ever been placed in the game, let alone be tolerated. As Myth said:That niche doesn't fit anywhere in Halo. Spawning with an anti-melee weapon results in melee combat being suffocated. Spawning with ANOTHER counter to CQC weapons is unnecessary; grenades, particularly frags, already fit this role well. The weapon was added as a crutch for bad players who could not perform well in CQC combat, and due to its effectiveness is now being abused by nearly everyone.

Removing it doesn't require designing gametypes that remove it for us. What do we do about teabagging? We punish anyone who partakes in it. Is that concept really so difficult to apply to a weapon? Anyone who uses it gets punished. Simple as that. It doesn't drastically change the game, but it does makes battle nights more enjoyable for more people, just like the teabagging ban does.Melee combat is still very prevalent and isn't suffocated at all. However, I have noticed a distinct decrease in double-melees, partially thanks to the Boltshot. It doesn't ruin CQC situations, but instead makes them more dynamic.

Teabagging is prohibited because it is a sign of disrespect toward that person, which opposes our community rule of respect. The boltshot has nothing to do with respect, so that analogy isn't applicable.

PhoenixPrime
01-17-2013, 01:54 AM
I know you guys are harping on the votes and all in this issue, but let's face facts:

This vote doesn't matter because we want the right to choose our own loadouts. Because we have that right, and because 343i hasn't given us the ability to limit any items in loadouts without making them present loadouts, we cannot change this. Learn to deal with the bolt shot like the greater amount of H4 matchmaking has, and change your game up. This isn't Halo 2 after all.

bazongaman502
01-17-2013, 03:06 AM
use the Hardlight Sheild... Its the best counter against it. It's all about using it at the right time. People with Turtle Beaches may find this very easy to use.

To sum up the decision of this entire topic... the Bolt Shot isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I hate it just as much as the next guy, but i put up with it because i know how to beat it.

Kcr33d
01-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I don't use Boltshot very often, but when I do it's because I just finished killing a guy with it.

yeah screw bolt shot and jetpacking, and camo, and promethean vision, and etc.....
And screw radar to..
mlg BR's only fuck yeah and you have to stand still damnit, I hate strafing. I didn't read anything btw just thought of everything I actually think of whenever I die. Lol

xXReiBearXx
01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Here is a suggestion. Since it is clear that the bolt shot isnt going anywhere why don't we just go on ahead and lock this here thread?

mad bagger12
01-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Because Rei, that would be no fun.

Silent Arbiter1
01-17-2013, 05:09 PM
this thread is old and dumb and racist against boltshots

Metkil5685
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Good idea.

Thread Locked.