PDA

View Full Version : Apology for Battle Night Speed??

Blackhawk570
01-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Can we get an apology from the higher ups for the speed of the battle nights. I know there are connection issues and stuff, but this is the second time I have had players leave my lobby because I cannot entertain them for 1 hour and 30 minutes straight. I am starting to think I am losing players in my squad because of this. This is really sad and we should really work on a chart with who has a connection anyone can join or something to speed up the battle nights. Lets make next week quick please.

Nicholas Sapien
01-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Can we get an apology from the higher ups for the speed of the battle nights. I know there are connection issues and stuff, but this is the second times I have players leave my lobby because I cannot entertain them for 1 hour and 30 minutes straight. I am starting to think I am losing players in my squad because of this. This is really sad and we should really work on a chart with who has a connection anyone can join or something to speed up the battle nights. Lets make next week quick please.

glad someone said this

Platinum
01-14-2013, 12:18 AM
What do you mean blackhawk about having a chart? For only higherups or for any member that has a open nat?

Blackhawk570
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
What do you mean blackhawk about having a chart? For only higherups or for any member that has a open nat?

Something like that or among the people who set up games for the battle nights who can connect to who? This would include both the BLUE and REDD acting FMs and all the squad leaders ability to connect to each FM.

Platinum
01-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Something like that or among the people who set up games for the battle nights who can connect to who? This would include both the BLUE and REDD acting FMs and all the squad leaders ability to connect to each FM.

Seems like an great idea.

GhostHammer
01-14-2013, 12:25 AM
People should learn to open their NATs xD

VerbotenDonkey
01-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Well I can usually connect to EagleOne but tonight I couldn't. So I don't think it's always stagnant.

I suggested we have Field Marshals take teams and set up with other Field Marshal, and then the Generals be doing the same thing to speed it up. Something like that.

I just put up one big custom game that's up and when people have to leave for a game, they leave and then come back afterwards. Things like that to keep people active.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't with college =/

Platinum
01-14-2013, 12:27 AM

My NAT is always open! OurNewProgress and myself were the ones who could connect to the FMs

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I feel like this has been a problem for awhile. And if Blackhawk says it it must be true because he is all knowing and mighty!

Blackhawk570
01-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Well I really never have a problem with connecting to anyone, and possibly your college router settings have changed donkey.

Anarchy
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
There are easy ways to get around the NAT problem.

Another factor is the sheer fact that our activity is so much higher than in Reach.

Sicarioano
01-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Maybe we should implement the 2 FM's again? After the next war of course.

xXReiBearXx
01-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Didn't there use to be way more people setting up matches before? Just curious

GhostHammer
01-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Didn't there use to be way more people setting up matches before? Just curious

Normally chain of command works so that the FM's set lobbies, the Generals all work with the CO's an organize things. It should be working fine. For example when I was an FM, my Generals would work with Battalion CO's and have them set up teams so I could focus on getting lobbies set. Then I'd go down my list and rotate everyone through.

No idea what's being done now. Brother decided to grab the xbox so I couldn't get on :/

Jam Cliché
01-14-2013, 12:40 AM
If I see anyone here who complains about that whom I know personally wasted time for ten minutes after a game was set up, I'm calling them out - just saying.

As for time in general, there's plenty of ways we can fix that. For one, we could reduce the game time. Stick it at 10 or 12 minutes to decrease downtime per game. Even going down to 12 would be huge. Think, 3 minutes times 38 games. Remember that also - 38 games. That's a ton. Just because we're not all involved with each game, I still think this community should be proud to be hosting so many different matches in one night. Also, play games during downtime. My Squad does it all the time, and it's done impromptu. Just be ready to accept the next invite.

A couple Cyberdyne members had connectivity problems with Phoenix, but we worked through it. My particular team, Cyberdyne 1, chose to bring in the team leader first, have Phoenix leave, then invite the rest. Most of the time we still got our Squad all in before REDD got theirs.

The WC isn't solely to blame on time issues - I wasn't planning on pointing fingers on them at all. It's up to everyone, leaders and team members, to show some hustle and work around those issues when they come up. It's like RaZ told us before. Get in the game quick and shut up so things can get moving quickly, everyone can ready up, and the game can start.

Platinum
01-14-2013, 12:43 AM
If I see anyone here who complains about that whom I know personally wasted time for ten minutes after a game was set up, I'm calling them out - just saying.

As for time in general, there's plenty of ways we can fix that. For one, we could reduce the game time. Stick it at 10 or 12 minutes to decrease downtime per game. Even going down to 12 would be huge. Think, 3 minutes times 38 games. Remember that also - 38 games. That's a ton. Just because we're not all involved with each game, I still think this community should be proud to be hosting so many different matches in one night. Also, play games during downtime. My Squad does it all the time, and it's done impromptu. Just be ready to accept the next invite.

A couple Cyberdyne members had connectivity problems with Phoenix, but we worked through it. My particular team, Cyberdyne 1, chose to bring in the team leader first, have Phoenix leave, then invite the rest. Most of the time we still got our Squad all in before REDD got theirs.

The WC isn't solely to blame on time issues - I wasn't planning on pointing fingers on them at all. It's up to everyone, leaders and team members, to show some hustle and work around those issues when they come up. It's like RaZ told us before. Get in the game quick and shut up so things can get moving quickly, everyone can ready up, and the game can start.

This. I won't lie, I did screw up once taking a few seconds to pick a gametype. we didn't discuss it due to being the first to play on Pit. Sorry

bazongaman502
01-14-2013, 12:54 AM
This is something both sides need to work on. I do agree its a big issue, but not everyone can fix that (College students, People who have parents that dont trust resetin routers, ect).

I for one have issues with my NAT occasionally. I'll have it open, then suddenly it goes to strict or moderate. I'll reset my router and everything that is required to "open" it, and it doesn't always fix it :/

KazuhLLL
01-14-2013, 01:35 AM

Can't with college =/

If I had access to my router, it'd be open in 5 minutes lol.

Guzzie
01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
45 min wait for game number one. 20-30 minute wait for every game after that. Ridiculous.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-14-2013, 03:57 AM
I do not feel this is something both HC's need to apologize for.

I do understand this is an issue and I know how much it sucks to wait, I did my fair share of waiting back when I was an officer. But as a battle organizer it is very clear to me how difficult it is to set up games. I may have not run battle tonight but normally I am running in and out of lobbies CONSTANTLY. I never have a moment to sit and relax. And ontop of that the lag. Sometimes I cannot get 1-2 soldiers or even an entire squad into a lobby because of connection issues. It's not easy to run battles.

Granted I am sure it could be better. It sucks to wait, I know. But there is no reason a squad CO can't take their men into a private custom game to practice and keep busy.

silversleek
01-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Maybe we should implement the 2 FM's again? After the next war of course.

one way to reduce wait times would be to have both the field marshall and general set up games, and if there's a lot of teams like yesterday, maybe even other high com members. It's not like the FM is the only high com members, and i'm not even sure what the other ones do other than be emergency replacements.

Lil Nawty Lucia
01-14-2013, 07:24 AM
I dont know the process that goes into setting up the matches, if I did i might be able to help with a few ideas. Tonight night there was a bit of waiting ALTHOUGH Redwatch played 11 games compared to last weeks 5 games. We had 3 squads go in an out of battles, there was always a squad fighting. From what I heard the FMs were not hosting the matches, so that throws a wrench into the operations, especially if it wasnt planned. We had 4v4 battles on top of extra games to play. I have waited about 2 hours during the beta war once, so all in all I say the night went ok. This is not something that can be rushed and tiny mistakes pile up high. Every second you waste screwing around in a lobby or finding a replacement piles up making others have to wait or find replacements for their players who cant wait. Gargoyle and Pheonix did a great job IMO, they got people together and set things up fast and moved on quickly. When us Redwatch members had a match to play we got started fairly quick, but there were connection issues. I have my NAT streamed for xbox live Gameplay, but that are time that I cant connect or have a slow internet. The problem isnt as simple and having a open NAT, there a lot more variables to consider. Granted having a open NAT help immensely so if you can fix it.

If some one wouldnt mind sending me a pm of the process of setting up games I would appreciate it, I would like to help in any way i can. I once hosted a 3 day long match that we had to keep swapping people in for, so I know such events are no where near "Simple"

Freelance
01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Like SanguineSpartan (http://fcwars.net/forums/member.php?2169-SanguineSpartan) said, it's not always simply opening your NAT, my NAT is open and sometimes I can't join other players that have their NAT open. It is extremely annoying.

As far as I know, the only person in REDD I can't connect to is Coda.