PDA

View Full Version : My take at MLG and Halo

Platinum
01-19-2013, 01:40 AM
NOTE: Most of the reports and articles I found had different reasons for MLG not signing Halo. Nobody wanted to sponsor Halo (Mountain Dew begs to differ), Halo is too user friendly (I believe that it requires more skill then any other console shooter), and relations between the two have been sour.

Q: Is it upsetting?
A: Of course. MLG has been with Halo for nearly a decade. It's like losing a close friend.

Q: Does this signal the fall of Halo?
A: Hell no. Halo has already established a large following, and Microsoft won't let Halo fall apart. Money.

Q: Will halo leave the competitive gaming scene?
A: No, it still holds its own when compared to fps console shooters. Halo will continue to thrive. MLG already have their fame thanks to Halo, now its someone elses turn. It could be Agl or even Virgin Gaming. There are numerous smaller leagues like MLG that is waiting for a chance to work with Halo. Then there is Virgin Gaming. While the Infinity Challenge doesn't require much skill, it is vg's first attempt for Halo. It proves to be popular with the Halo fans when looking at the playlists populations. VG has already made their footprint with sports titles such as the nba 2k series. VG may be the next step for themselves and for Halo.

Remember, it can only get better.

Al Capone111
01-19-2013, 03:03 AM
I never was a fan of MLG. Mainly because the people who played it were often a bunch of cocky assholes. Who when you took them and played a default gametype would make excuses for sucking more than Paris Hilton. The MLG gametypes and maps were horrible.

"Let's take Halo and make it so it plays like not Halo."3357

Zero Limit
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
MLG is great and all but it's far too narrow to compete in. Trying to even be in MLG competitively is completely retarded. You'd have a better chance at chasing that girl you thought you'd never have a shot with than to get into it. Sure, it's cool n' stuff, but really, I never had that much of a great time watching rather than playing. I think of there were more tournaments that included more players than just a few handfuls of teams, it'd be much more interesting. Narrow down the final teams from a huge ladder, and go on tour to more than just a few major cities. I've wanted to see MLG come to my city, but that's never gonna happen. Le sigh. Oh well, at least hearing 15 year olds say "YO MAN I'M FOCKEN EM ELL JEE YO YEW DUNNO WHO YER MESSIN WIT" won't be as common.

Jam Cliché
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Like I said the other day - since Microsoft decided to cash out with Virgin Media, then instead of calling people MLG Tryhards, you can just call them Virgins. It's destiny.

Zero Limit
01-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Like I said the other day - since Microsoft decided to cash out with Virgin Media, then instead of calling people MLG Tryhards, you can just call them Virgins. It's destiny.Touche. ;)

Kcr33d
01-25-2013, 08:02 PM
lol Thats actually pretty funny.

AUSTINWOOOOOO
03-13-2013, 01:42 AM
I never was a fan of MLG. Mainly because the people who played it were often a bunch of cocky assholes. Who when you took them and played a default gametype would make excuses for sucking more than Paris Hilton. The MLG gametypes and maps were horrible.

"Let's take Halo and make it so it plays like not Halo."3357

I agree 100%

Prof Blastoise
03-13-2013, 01:49 AM
I find MLG players much more respectful than most Halo players. Normal players who aren't as good as MLG players constantly get angry over the fact that they just are not as good at the game.

Platinum
03-13-2013, 02:52 AM
I find MLG players much more respectful than most Halo players. Normal players who aren't as good as MLG players constantly get angry over the fact that they just are not as good at the game.

So late, lol.

Prof Blastoise
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol someone posted today on this as well lol

Zucav
03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Like I said the other day - since Microsoft decided to cash out with Virgin Media, then instead of calling people MLG Tryhards, you can just call them Virgins. It's destiny.