PDA

View Full Version : Improve The Rotation

UnfoldedFreedom
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
The rotation needs some tweaking!

For the last three battle nights, I've been feeling like blue has been withholding some of their better players from VBD. I feel like my teammates and I aren't having as much fun as we could be if they simply rotated the teams more efficiently, and had us verse people we haven't already, if possible. I know that red outnumbers blue by about 2:1, but that being said, that should also mean that most of them, if not all, should have played us by the end of the night. We sometimes face two of the same teams in one night while there are still some other squads we have yet to face at all. The battles start to get repetitive without a change of pace, all I am asking for is a solid, unwavering rotation so we verse no team more than once unless we've already faced them all.

silversleek
01-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Indeed, I know i'd like a crack at some teams like VBD that we play far too little. cyberdyne had a truly epic extraction game with them today.

H2O Yordle
01-27-2013, 10:40 PM
I demand that I play against VBD... Wait I mean what? No but seriously I agree.

Gargoyle
01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
When we had a battle director there, his only job was having the updated maps/Game types BUT also saying "oh these guys played against these guys."

As FMs, it's hard to pay full attention to your guys and their guys. Sometimes teams slip through the crack and they play over and over again.

Lol its James
01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
I played you guys twice, look how that ended... xD

To be honest unfolded, when we were losing, my team was saying those exact words "don't they get bored sweeping teams all the time". That's funny how that happened, that you thought the same thing

Anarchy
01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
You played 4 unique units in 5 games. The only time there was a duplicate was when you played Cyberdyne again, and that's not making your life easier.

James is about the only other person who doubled up against you, since he went from a MIX to bellator's team.

If you want a challenge, join Gamebattles or diversify your team. You cant expect to have a giant MLG team in a WARSIM and expect to get close games.

The only two teams you did not play were Nexus and Blue Phoenix. Blue Phoenix played you guys 2/4 games last week, and Nexus was just lucky for them.

Al Capone111
01-27-2013, 11:05 PM
You played 4 unique units in 5 games. The only time there was a duplicate was when you played Cyberdyne again, and that's not making your life easier.

James is about the only other person who doubled up against you, since he went from a MIX to bellator's team.

If you want a challenge, join Gamebattles or diversify your team. You cant expect to have a giant MLG team in a WARSIM and expect to get close games.

The only two teams you did not play were Nexus and Blue Phoenix. Blue Phoenix played you guys 2/4 games last week, and Nexus was just lucky for them.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/well_done_sir.gif

Gargoyle
01-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Some people play FC for competition, if that's how they play thats how they play.

We're not nazi dictators dictating to people "You don't have the play style we like, gtfo"

You wanna play different people/squads. Cool. If its for competitive reasons, fine. You're not abridging any rules? Then you're fine. So everyone else calm down and get off his back.

Anarchy
01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Not on his back. Just stating he isn't getting any change if he considers Cyberdyne a weaker unit.

Guzzie
01-27-2013, 11:18 PM

It really isn't about a "challenge", or anything of the sort, so please don't mention Gamebattles. it's about getting an even spread. I would like to play against everyone in BLUE, especially the better squads. It makes for more interesting games. For example, the tie breaker game we played tonight was the most fun I have had this entire war, I would love to play more games like that.

The truth is it feels like you are trying to keep the better squads away from us, I hope that I am wrong and it truly is a coincidence having to do with the rotation, but after not playing arguably BLUE's best squad at all this war, we can't help but get that feeling (I do have some suspicions as to why this might be, but I wont post them here). It would not only be better for the weaker BLUE squads, but also for us. We mean no disrespect with this thread or any of our posts. We simply respectfully request to simply match us up against those squads if the opportunity presents itself. Strangely those squads happen to be the better ones.

Ex Zen Mute
01-27-2013, 11:32 PM
At least you aren't facing the same 1-2 groups anymore.
That got boring quick.

So boring that people give up after a while.

Anarchy
01-27-2013, 11:33 PM
It really isn't about a "challenge", or anything of the sort, so please don't mention Gamebattles. it's about getting an even spread. I would like to play against everyone in BLUE, especially the better squads. It makes for more interesting games. For example, the tie breaker game we played tonight was the most fun I have had this entire war, I would love to play more games like that.

The truth is it feels like you are trying to keep the better squads away from us, I hope that I am wrong and it truly is a coincidence having to do with the rotation, but after not playing arguably BLUE's best squad at all this war, we can't help but get that feeling (I do have some suspicions as to why this might be, but I wont post them here). It would not only be better for the weaker BLUE squads, but also for us. We mean no disrespect with this thread or any of our posts. We simply respectfully request to simply match us up against those squads if the opportunity presents itself. Strangely those squads happen to be the better ones.

2/4 of your games were against our lower tiered squads.

2/4 were against cyberdyne, arguably our best.

The last was against a random stacked team.

I don't know what our "arguably" best team is. Cyberdyne is our best, actually, record and consistency wise, and you played them twice. You did the same with Blue Phoenix, and you played Nexus the week before. You've also played WoW last week.

Put simply, I don't understand what you want. You had fun the last game because it was quite literally the best 4 players we had on, that's never going to happen again.

I understand things feel that way for you guys right now. But honestly (not bashing it, just stating it), your unit has increased in skill so much since the beta war. aNoob, Blastoised, Crafty joined VbD since then, effectively doubling your ratio of MLG people in VbD. It's no longer "Guzzie and his band of good FC goers, with maybe 1 other MLG-type mixed in", it's now "Guzzie, his gamebattles team, and other MLG friends". Thats why we don't see Remi or Aftershock playing with VbD anymore, they simply aren't as good as what you have now, even though they were better members of hellhounds before.

Is that bad? Who cares, thats not the point. The point is VbD was the best unit in FC before. Then you guys got 3-4 more players on your skill level. And now, it just is what it is. You wont get a challenge, period. If cyberdyne wasn't a challenge for you, no one will be. I'm not being an asshole, I'm just stating what everyone already knows. VbD was cool before, everyone aimed to beat the best unit. But now, it's just like literally playing a gamebattles team, literally.
Put simply, you wont find a challenge in FC. The team you have put together is beyond that.

Anyone we throw your way, regardless of how high they are in FC world, doesn't hold a candle to you guys. All games will end up being like that for you and Unfolded.

If it isn't about a challenge, which it obviously is if you want better teams, then I don't know what it is about, because you played 4 different units.

And on a side note, REDD didn't outnumber BLUE. Maybe by 1 team. But not by anything big.

UnfoldedFreedom
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM

- - - Updated - - -

2/4 of your games were against our lower tiered squads.

2/4 were against cyberdyne, arguably our best.

The last was against a random stacked team.

I don't know what our "arguably" best team is. Cyberdyne is our best, actually, record and consistency wise, and you played them twice. You did the same with Blue Phoenix, and you played Nexus the week before. You've also played WoW last week.

Put simply, I don't understand what you want. You had fun the last game because it was quite literally the best 4 players we had on, that's never going to happen again.

I understand things feel that way for you guys right now. But honestly (not bashing it, just stating it), your unit has increased in skill so much since the beta war. aNoob, Blastoised, Crafty joined VbD since then, effectively doubling your ratio of MLG people in VbD. It's no longer "Guzzie and his band of good FC goers, with maybe 1 other MLG-type mixed in", it's now "Guzzie, his gamebattles team, and other MLG friends". Thats why we don't see Remi or Aftershock playing with VbD anymore, they simply aren't as good as what you have now, even though they were better members of hellhounds before.

Is that bad? Who cares, thats not the point. The point is VbD was the best unit in FC before. Then you guys got 3-4 more players on your skill level. And now, it just is what it is. You wont get a challenge, period. If cyberdyne wasn't a challenge for you, no one will be. I'm not being an asshole, I'm just stating what everyone already knows. VbD was cool before, everyone aimed to beat the best unit. But now, it's just like literally playing a gamebattles team, literally.
Put simply, you wont find a challenge in FC. The team you have put together is beyond that.

Anyone we throw your way, regardless of how high they are in FC world, doesn't hold a candle to you guys. All games will end up being like that for you and Unfolded.

If it isn't about a challenge, which it obviously is if you want better teams, then I don't know what it is about, because you played 4 different units.

And on a side note, REDD didn't outnumber BLUE. Maybe by 1 team. But not by anything big.

hey Aftershockerr is the face of vbd.

Guzzie
01-27-2013, 11:43 PM

I would much rather talk to you about this in person, I don't really want to post anything here. Hope you understand

By the REDD outnumbering BLUE, unfolded refers to previous battlenight, where the wait time before games was 45 mins- 1 hr. We were told that one of the main reasons for this was the low number of blue units compared to the reds. Someone even said it was a 3-1 ration in favor of red.

Maxdoggy
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
FYI: 10 REDD Units showed up last week and 8 BLUE Units showed up last week (via the Statbook).

Anarchy
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
I would much rather talk to you about this in person, I don't really want to post anything here. Hope you understand

By the REDD outnumbering BLUE, unfolded refers to previous battlenight, where the wait time before games was 45 mins- 1 hr. We were told that one of the main reasons for this was the low number of blue units compared to the reds. Someone even said it was a 3-1 ration in favor of red.

Last week REDD had 2 more units than BLUE in 4v4s, like 9 to 11.

Guzzie
01-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Last week REDD had 2 more units than BLUE in 4v4s, like 9 to 11.
I am just relying what I was told, and seeing as to how long the waiting times were, I assumed it was accurate.

Point is, the rotation system needs a bit of tweaking. Even some of your members agree.

Al Capone111
01-28-2013, 12:03 AM
You want a challenge? Ok fine. Go out and recruit people of your skill level or higher and send them to BLUE. I'm not going to do it, cause the games we in Blue Phoenix played tonight were some of the most fun. I think I speak for most of Blue Phoenix when I say we got tired of playing VBD (as a whole or a mix) multiple times in one night. You know why? Because everyone in FC and their mothers knows you guys are the best. It's one thing to have a challenge, it's another playing you guys. It isn't fun playing against VBD for us. It's goddamn miserable.

And don't give me that "Well maybe you should get better at Halo" bullshit. I don't play Halo or videogames in general for the sake of being #1. I play it to have fun. Yes winning is nice, but I think the game I enjoyed the most tonight was the one that we lost. It literally came down to the final second.

Guzzie
01-28-2013, 12:13 AM
You want a challenge? Ok fine. Go out and recruit people of your skill level or higher and send them to BLUE. I'm not going to do it, cause the games we in Blue Phoenix played tonight were some of the most fun. I think I speak for most of Blue Phoenix when I say we got tired of playing VBD (as a whole or a mix) multiple times in one night. You know why? Because everyone in FC and their mothers knows you guys are the best. It's one thing to have a challenge, it's another playing you guys. It isn't fun playing against VBD for us. It's goddamn miserable.

And don't give me that "Well maybe you should get better at Halo" bullshit. I don't play Halo or videogames in general for the sake of being #1. I play it to have fun. Yes winning is nice, but I think the game I enjoyed the most tonight was the one that we lost. It literally came down to the final second.
And you shouldn't have to play us more than once, I agree, specially when I look at the battle results and see plenty of blue squads that we didn't face. And most of the time, those squads (in my mind) appear to be your most skilled. All we are suggesting is to consider tweaking the rotation system, that is all. Make a thread about it in the courtroom and discuss it. I think it deserves a chance.

Lol its James
01-28-2013, 12:14 AM
I lost all four of my games, two being VbD, not going to lie my favorite game was when I went 12-84, I play to have fun. Not to go mlg try hard. I know I'm not the best in Blue, probably one of the least "gifted" but every battle night I attend I have fun. Whether it is winning or going negative 72. I make the most of it, making the most of it, in the VbD games was trying to stick as many people as I can, we knew we were going to lose as soon as we saw you and unfolded join the game, we accepted that and had fun

Anarchy
01-28-2013, 12:20 AM

Calm yourself, they arent malicious.

And you shouldn't have to play us more than once, I agree, specially when I look at the battle results and see plenty of blue squads that we didn't face. And most of the time, those squads (in my mind) appear to be your most skilled. All we are suggesting is to consider tweaking the rotation system, that is all. Make a thread about it in the courtroom and discuss it. I think it deserves a chance.

In the past 4 weeks, you have played the following units:

Nexus: 2
Blue Phoenix: 3
Blue Berets: 2
Fear: 1
Cyberdyne: 3
Legion of Dawn: 1
Wolves of War: 1
Bellator: 1

Fairly even, especially considering the activity of those units.

Al Capone111
01-28-2013, 12:22 AM

Playing the same squad twice in a night is ok. As long as it's not a weekly thing. Unfortunately we don't have a squad "grading system" in FC. That would make it easier to match squads of equal or close skill. But it would be impossible to implement do to the volume of people coming and going in FC, people changing squads, and inactives.

If you actually have a idea as to how to make it better, let us hear it. We all want to hear it.(that is not sarcasm there. Or meant to be taken in a bad way)

Guzzie
01-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Calm yourself, they arent malicious.

In the past 4 weeks, you have played the following units:

Nexus: 2
Blue Phoenix: 3
Blue Berets: 2
Fear: 1
Cyberdyne: 3
Legion of Dawn: 1
Wolves of War: 1
Bellator: 1

Fairly even, especially considering the activity of those units.

Correction:

Nexus-1
Cyberdine-2
WoW-1

In my mind, Blue's best, only four games, in 4 battle nights.

Hellhounds is a platoon, in which VbD is a fireteam. I think you are counting them as us.

Al Capone111
01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Take into account all the mix squads that both armies have had to play or squads with a single substitute

Anarchy
01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Correction:

Nexus-1
Cyberdine-2
WoW-1

In my mind, Blue's best, only four games, in 4 battle nights.

Hellhounds is a platoon, in which VbD is a fireteam. I think you are counting them as us.

I included week 1 with the VbD people who did play, and ended up going almost headachingly undefeated anyway, but was under a different name.

Sparta = Nexus, when I was there.

Guzzie
01-28-2013, 01:09 AM
I included week 1 with the VbD people who did play, and ended up going almost headachingly undefeated anyway, but was under a different name.

Sparta = Nexus, when I was there.
VbD did not participate that week. Only a few of our members where on (two or three if I remember correctly, unfolded, aftershock and maybe xeno). Neither Highlight, Blastoised, Crafty, aNoob, or myself were on.

As for any ideas regarding a new rotation system, why not use intuition. For the most part, I would say a field marshall knows how many times a squad has faced another (or just start to keep track). Just follow the same old regular system, but when repetition occurs, switch things up. Bring in another squad and take it from there. Right now it just seems like a continuos cycle is being followed; break the cycle, create different match ups.

Specact
01-28-2013, 01:10 AM
-Tonight VBD played Belator once, Cyberdyne twice, and Blue Mix twice. It's worth noting that Blue mixes have the lowest win percentage in Blue with 42%

-Legion of Dawn, with the highest win percentage in Blue, played Voodoo twice, and Redwatch, Hellhounds, and Firesnakes once.

-Nexus, I don't recognize the name but, they did win all there games tonight, played Firesnakes twice, and Vanguard and Hellhounds once.

- The stat book doesn't list fire teams for the first battle night but in all subsequent battle nights VbD never faces Legion of Dawn.

-VbD also plays squads like Bellator, Blue Phoenix, and Blue Berets.

-VbD doesn't face a "strong" Blue squad until the 3rd battle night. They played WoW that night. After beating WoW, VbD has yet to rematch them. The only "strong" squad VbD has faced more than once is Cyberdyne.

Anarchy
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
-Tonight VBD played Belator once, Cyberdyne twice, and Blue Mix twice. It's worth noting that Blue mixes have the lowest win percentage in Blue with 42%

-Legion of Dawn, with the highest win percentage in Blue, played Voodoo twice, and Redwatch, Hellhounds, and Firesnakes once.

-Nexus, I don't recognize the name but, they did win all there games tonight, played Firesnakes twice, and Vanguard and Hellhounds once.

- The stat book doesn't list fire teams for the first battle night but in all subsequent battle nights VbD never faces Legion of Dawn.

-VbD also plays squads like Bellator, Blue Phoenix, and Blue Berets.

-VbD doesn't face a "strong" Blue squad until the 3rd battle night. They played WoW that night. After beating WoW, VbD has yet to rematch them. The only "strong" squad VbD has faced more than once is Cyberdyne.

The BLUE mixes were entirely different.

I really don't know what you consider strong BLUE squads. Blue Phoenix is boss, and they've played them 2 times. Nexus twice. Fear is strong too, played them once.

Week 2 they played Blue Phoenix, Nexus, and Fear. All above average squads.

Week 3 they played Wolves of War, Blue Berets, Blue Phoenix, and Nexus. Again, all good squads. The only game that was really one sided there was Blue Berets.

Looking at that, they've been playing good squads the entire time. Have they played LoD? No, guzzie has not played them yet, but that's by chance. If you really have that much of a desire to play them, ask them for a scrim, or be patient, no ones specifically keeping them from VbD.

As far as wolves of war go, they've only attended one battle night for gods sake... Don't create a double standard by thinking they should have played VbD more than once.

VbD did not participate that week. Only a few of our members where on (two or three if I remember correctly, unfolded, aftershock and maybe xeno). Neither Highlight, Blastoised, Crafty, aNoob, or myself were on.

As for any ideas regarding a new rotation system, why not use intuition. For the most part, I would say a field marshall knows how many times a squad has faced another (or just start to keep track). Just follow the same old regular system, but when repetition occurs, switch things up. Bring in another squad and take it from there. Right now it just seems like a continuos cycle is being followed; break the cycle, create different match ups.

I'm counting it towards my point, because my mindset is from a perspective of how many times I have to throw each unit into the inevitable fire. Were those people there? No. But Unfolded, Aftershock, Xenocide, and some other good REDD players still make a team that gives us headaches, and I still count that as a unit biting the bullet.

Deaf
01-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I know you meant absolutely nothing by it, but you did sound like a bit of an asshole in the first comment, Anarchy. That was why they took offense to it and said you were on their back. But we know you're a good guy and meant no offense. VBD is competitive, but that's their right. We welcome all players in our community regardless of skill or playstyle. That said, overall, I agree with you. I looked at VBD's schedule, and its one of the most difficult. Last week, only one team played more tough games, REDWATCH 2 (wolves of war twice, cyberdyne, and legion of dawn), and that was just a freak thing. This week you were the toughest. Anarchy is right, you play the best Blue has to offer, and you just happen to crush them. It's what happens when your team consists of superstars. The last game was your team against the 4 best players Blue could possibly assemble, and you still beat them by 300 points. That game won't happen very often. In fact, I think Anarchy played and he's not allowed to play that often since he's field marshall. When you're the best, there aren't that many that can compete. FYI though, I don't see why you're complaining Al. I did have fun playing against Blue Phoenix tonight. I only barely scraped positive because of Phoenix's teamwork. So it was fun. But I love scrimmaging against VBD, sure, they butcher us, but sometimes that's just how it goes. It gives us the opportunity to see a great team and get better ourselves. And I would like to point out that I suggested a grading or ranking system 2 months ago. All the Blue officers really shot me down. And it's that Blue does struggle against one REDD team, but you have some excellent teams in Blue which give REDD trouble in WoW, Legion of Dawn, and Cyberdyne. My squad in REDWATCH has been training hardcore since we got here, and we still went 3-4-1 tonight. It goes both ways guys. It's a good thing to play people better than yourself. So everyone needs to chill, shut up, and stop being so hostile. Be friends guys!!! :)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-28-2013, 04:18 AM
It goes both ways guys. It's a good thing to play people better than yourself. So everyone needs to chill, shut up, and stop being so hostile. Be friends guys!!! :)

:stupid:

bazongaman502
01-28-2013, 04:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc

Graycochea
01-28-2013, 08:37 AM
This thread is hilarious.

Lol its James
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
^

Nicholas Sapien
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc

Agreed
Why can't we be friends?

Prof Blastoise
01-28-2013, 11:14 AM
:turtlerace:

Everyone loves turtles

MedeDust
01-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Vbd is just upset because I can't crush them on Sundays anymore.

Prof Blastoise
01-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Vbd is just upset because I can't crush them on Sundays anymore.

HighLight
01-29-2013, 01:32 AM
:turtlerace:

Everyone loves turtles

Doubtful