PDA

View Full Version : Request From A Member

GhostHammer
02-02-2013, 04:40 AM
Hey everyone,

As some of you may or may not know, I'm pursuing a career within the military. This is primarily why I am not currently online more often and playing within an army. Now, I do my best not to ask for anything from anyone, but after recently receiving some news from across the pond, I'm extending my goal to this community, my friends, and families.

A mentor of mine, someone who I have learned much from, was recently WIA on our mission in the Middle East. He has lost both of his legs and is now partially blind.

Before receiving this news however, fellow recruits/friends of mine are training to take part in the 2013 Tough Mudder race. For those of you who do not know, Tough Mudder is a 10-12 mile obstacle course that was designed by the SAS. One of their purposes, is to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded soldiers in their recovery and rehabilitation.

Now, after being given the situation from overseas, we're wanting to push our donation drive over that of our participation and collected cash from friends/families.

If anyone is willing to help donate to the cause, we'd be very thankful. I'll attach the donation link to the bottom of this post. All of us in the service do thank those who help our brothers who've been wounded, it means a lot for our brethren to be able to walk and function as close to normal as possible.

For those without a credit card and still wanting to help, PM me and I'll figure something out. If anyone else knows a way around that to keep it secure for the donator please let me know.

Thanks guys,

Cody

Donation Link (https://register.toughmudder.com/fundraising/donate.aspx?event=16177&fundraiser=r7665143)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-02-2013, 05:14 AM
I'd be glad to donate, a friend of yours is a friend of mine.

GhostHammer
02-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Thanks Forest, I really appreciate it.

PhoenixPrime
02-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I just donated. Thanks for putting this up.

Juggernaut9473
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
I really wish I could donate man :( all my cash goes to my ex for child support

Harry
02-02-2013, 11:41 AM
This is a good thing that you are doing.

I believe my brother and I will be attending this year's Tough Mudder.

I've been looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe I'll see one of your comrades out in the mud!

GhostHammer
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I just donated. Thanks for putting this up.

No no, thank you for helping Angel.

Kids are important Juggs, it's all good.

This is a good thing that you are doing.

I believe my brother and I will be attending this year's Tough Mudder.

I've been looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe I'll see one of your comrades out in the mud!

There's a bunch of us crazy ones out there :P

RetRdidMunkie
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM

^This and bills

I've heard of tough mudder. Looks intense. Prayers for your friend.

bazongaman502
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
id donate as well, but i have no more money :(

however next week i get paid, if i remember this, i might be able to drop something off :)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-02-2013, 03:58 PM
just donated.

I didn't donate last night cause I was a little drunk and was worried I'd spend all my money XD

bazongaman502
02-02-2013, 06:42 PM
just donated.

I didn't donate last night cause I was a little drunk and was worried I'd spend all my money XD

*Last Night*

UNLUCKY: "Oh, look. Cody wants us to help donate some money. I'll donate $10."

*Today*

UNLUCKY: "WHAT THE FUCK! When did i donate $1,000! I only had $20 on me! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

I played 2 games with him last night on Halo... he was under the influence :P