PDA

View Full Version : EagleOne's Drafts and Poems

EagleOne
02-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Broken and Bound

I've heard the distress of many souls,
their voices flooding my mind,
the sound reaching the very depths of my being.
Together they live on this earth of turmoil and bitterness,
trying to find meaning and purpose through so many wrongs.
Blinded and beaten the many have been,
unable to separate reality from a dream.
Everywhere they look, darkness is found,
more questions have arisen,
the answers so delicate and few,
have been disguised and drowned in an ocean deep and blue.
Not one has taken a step without being pushed back against their will,
not one has walked his entire life upon solid ground.
Taken and destroyed, those faceless and void, like a song without sound.
Can you hear them? For the time is running out on the broken and bound,
and I feel it is now I must save them from laying in the ground.

-EagleOne

EagleOne
02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Peace

There's a moment few experience,
A moment reserved only for those who have broken the mold
of this world, shattered the routine so many have been caught in. It is the moment between rest and silence, the ambience softly whispering from across nature's breeze. It is this moment I strive for, difficult to attain, but when met with the lullaby's of a sound mind, gently plays deepest in an array of colors. You'll know you've found it when time has no meaning, and everything just seems to fit. No worries, no strife, no stress can disturb the tranquility of my personal muse. Many times I've wondered if this is a glimpse of things to come... If these moments were meant to last eternity and then more... These words may paint a picture of colors, originating from the sounds of things unspoken yet felt, from the deepest corners of my spirit.

-EagleOne

- - - Updated - - -

Life of the routine

Once more I struggle for a breath.
Again I've come to the same miserable conclusion. The ways of the past have repeated the ungodly process today... In the present.
I found answers to the questions I never asked, I found no peace in solving the mysteries of another. Why can't I just break away from the quest of others and find my own path. Even the road behind holds no evidence that I've ever been, or gone.
The light is faint in the distance of this dark world. I'll crawl if I have to, I'll keep fighting until I've reach my end, until I've reached the beginning of the next chapter of this emotion, no... this avenue called life.

-EagleOne

EagleOne
02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Understanding

How can I speak of that I do not know? The answers I do not have. The heart given to me by my mother, hardened by tragedy and darkness. Many times I've cried before, many times my emotions have washed ashore, only to be recovered by wishful thinking, hope for the future.

Here lies the beating spirit of the comforter, who's journey through time and challenge have met with no equal. Can one understand another's pain to the full? Never. But the eyes of a companion warms the soul, and picks up the shattered pieces until the picture can be seen. Until that day comes, all we can do is dream.

-EagleOne

EagleOne
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Open to opinions... Ideas... Themes... Topics...

EagleOne out.

VerbotenDonkey
02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lZImA.gif

I'm liking it Eagle! You're a gentleman and a scholar.

EagleOne
02-07-2013, 11:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lZImA.gif

I'm liking it Eagle! You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks Verboten, means a lot. ^_^

EagleOne
02-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Spartan Travis 'EagleOne' Jay.

It was dark...

The pale light of the moon glimmered across her skin. There was a calm breeze blowing by as they held each other close...

"Look! There's another one!" She exclaimed, pointing at the burning light of a meteor entering the atmosphere. "That's ten to one, I win mister!" She giggled as he looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I guess so... You're too good at this game." He smirked, taking in all he could, every moment. It was only a few more hours until his leave time was over, but he wasn't going to let anything ruin this special time with his girl.

In one swift motion he picked her up and held her in his arms, cradling her. He wished this moment would never end, but reality was all to obvious. Soon he'd be knee deep in hell again, fighting for not only his life, but hers as well.

"What's wrong?" She asked, derailing his train of thought.

"Huh... Uh... Nothing. Nothing's wrong, it's just..." He paused and thought about the men he'd lost to the war, the lives sacrificed for the betterment of others... for her. "...I'll miss you."

He saw her smile, the warmth and beauty radiating like the sun on a hot summers day. "I will always be here for you..."

Opening his eyes, Eagle could see his reflection on the scope's glass lens. Dirt and blood covered his face, the sound of gunfire off in the distance. It had been three months since he had last seen his love, her words still buried deep in his heart.

Suddenly radio silence was broken...

"Eagle come in! Are you there!?" It was Captain Coda.

"This is EagleOne, go ahead sir." He readied himself with his sniper rifle and peered through the scope at the horizon.

"You've got activity heading your way Sergeant! We've been pushed back, heading to your position now! Stay sharp and watch our six, Coda out!"

"Yes sir." Eagle said as he panned over the horizon, he could see the Captain and his troops closing in on his position, no enemies yet...

"You're all clear so far sir, nothing to re-..." without warning, a bullet grazed his shoulder and took down his shields. Without hesitation he lined up the cloaked enemy in his crosshairs and took him down with the pull of his trigger. "...you've got incoming!!" Eagle shouted into his comm, as he took down two more enemies.

"Roger that, we see them!" The Captain replied, gunfire filling up the background.

One more shot, one more enemy fell. Eagle reached behind him to grab another clip when suddenly the world went black...

"This is team leader to base... We've got him."