PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Lore

JamiDJ
02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky. But there is something more powerful in each of us, a combination of our efforts, a great chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interests that the chain pulls society in the right direction. The chain is too powerful and too mysterious for any government to guide. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck

~Andrew Ryan

JamiDJ
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE

JamiDJ
02-08-2013, 09:54 PM
To build a city at the bottom of the sea! Insanity. But where else could we be free from the clutching hand of the Parasites? Where else could we build an economy that they would not try to control, a society that they would not try to destroy? It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else.

What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds. A parasite asks "Where is my share?" A man creates. A parasite says, "What will the neighbors think?" A man invents. A parasite says, "Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God..."

~Andrew Ryan

JamiDJ
02-10-2013, 01:11 AM
"With genetic modifications, beauty is no longer a goal or even a virtue, it is a moral obligation. Do we force the healthy to live with the contagious? Do we mix the criminal with the law abiding? Then why are the plain allowed to mingle with the fair?!"

Aphrodite is walking through the halls. Shimmering like a scalpel. "Steinman... she calls, Steinman i have what you looking for just open your eyes." And when i see her she cuts me into a thousand beautiful pieces

~J. Steinman

JamiDJ
02-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I came to this place to build the impossible. You came to rob what you could never build - a Hun gaping at the gates of Rome. Even the air you breathe is sponged from my account. Well... breathe deep, so later you might remember the taste

~Andrew Ryan

JamiDJ
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
On the surface, I once bought a forest. The parasites claimed that the land belonged to God, and demanded that I establish a public park there. Why? So the rabble could stand slack-jawed under the canopy and pretend that it was paradise *earned*. When Congress moved to nationalize my forest, I burnt it to the ground. God did not plant the seeds of this Arcadia - I did.

~Andrew Ryan

JamiDJ
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
What is the greatest lie every created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism. Whenever anyone wants others to do their work, they call upon their altruism. Never mind your own needs, they say, think of the needs of... of whoever. The state. The poor. Of the army, of the king, of God! The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"? It's the "king and country" crowd who light the torch of destruction. It is this great inversion, this ancient lie, which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919, I fled a country that had traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the tsar, owning the work of all the people, *all* the people owned the work of all of the people. So, I came to America: where a man could own his own work, where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the *might* of his own will. I had thought I had left the parasites of Moscow behind me. I had thought I had left the Marxist altruists to their collective farms and their five-year plans. But as the German fools threw themselves on Hitler's sword "for the good of the Reich", the Americans drank deeper and deeper of the Bolshevik poison, spoon-fed to them by Roosevelt and his New Dealists. And so, I asked myself: in what country was there a place for men like me - men who refused to say "yes" to the parasites and the doubters, men who believed that work was sacred and property rights inviolate. And then one day, the happy answer came to me, my friends: there was *no* country for people like me! And *that* was the moment I decided... to build one.

~Andrew Ryan

- - - Updated - - -

JamiDJ
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohjLTRk8jBM

JamiDJ
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM

JamiDJ
02-18-2013, 09:00 PM
The Wild Bunny, by Sander Cohen.

I want to take the ears off, but I can't. I hop, and when I hop, I never get off the ground. It's my curse, my eternal curse. I want to take the ears off, but I can't! It's my curse, it's my fucking curse! I want to take the ears off! Please! Take them off! Pleeeeeeease!

JamiDJ
02-23-2013, 04:04 AM

JamiDJ
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
http://fcwars.net/forums/album.php?albumid=103

BubbaBishop21
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor; where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

-Andrew Ryan

VerbotenDonkey
03-07-2013, 08:29 PM
"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor; where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

-Andrew Ryan

Do you, by chance, play Bioshock 2 multiplayer? :3 Myself and Jamie do.

BubbaBishop21
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I would love to, but I've never actually done it, I got the game nearly 2 years after it was out and when I tried to the multiplayer seemed dead.

VerbotenDonkey
03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I would love to, but I've never actually done it, I got the game nearly 2 years after it was out and when I tried to the multiplayer seemed dead.

Sometimes it's dead, but myself and Jamie have been finding plenty of games. It's actually quite fun and a big change of pace from most of todays FPS. :)

BubbaBishop21
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Sometimes it's dead, but myself and Jamie have been finding plenty of games. It's actually quite fun and a big change of pace from most of todays FPS. :)

Sounds interesting, I'll hit you up when I'm ungrounded. I'm the only person in my town that seems to like bioshock, and I get mad at people who said it sucked. Especially that one idiot that said the story didn't make sense.

JamiDJ
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
BIOSHOCK IS AMAZING!!!

The MP isnt as dead as you think! I play all the time, and me and Donkey get games no problem! add me and i'll invite you when we play!

Bioshock Infinate is almost here!!!

JamiDJ
03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Person-View-Improves-a-Game-and-Its-Story-BioShock-Infinite-Dev-Says-337291.shtml