PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Graycochea
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I have a Toshiba laptop and the feature where one can scroll by sliding one's finger down the side or across the bottom of the mousepad stopped working.

I don't know why. Every other function of the pad works fine. It clicks right and left. It controls the pointer fine. The scrolling just stopped working.

I've Googled the problem and I've gone into the control panel and messed with the settings a bunch but nothings fixed it.

Now, I'm bringing it to the good people here at FC.

Thanks for the help

--G

Coda
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
It's possible that it actually just broke (I think. I'm not good with computers). I can't think of what else would cause that. Try restarting your computer if you haven't already. I hope you can get it to work again.

KazuhLLL
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
It could indeed be broken.

If not, maybe something's up with the drivers. Try doing:
Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Mouse -> Hardware(Tab) -> Properties -> Change Settings -> Driver(Tab)

From there you can either try updating the driver or rolling back to a previous version to see if it works.

EDIT:

Just found the actual on/off options area. Go to:
Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Mouse -> Device Settings(Tab) -> Settings -> Virtual Scrolling

From there you should see two checkboxes (one for vertical and one for horizontal). If your drivers are updated and the boxes are checked then it's probably just hardware failure.

Graycochea
02-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Does Scroll Lock do anything terribly specific? Every once in a while my keyboard gets dusty and I'll swipe my hands across the whole thing, basically pressing every button. Sometimes I do this while it's on so I may have accidentally hit a key.

Nicholas Sapien
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
hit it

Graycochea
02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
It's fixed guys. Thanks for your help.

I updated and it didn't do anything, so I rolled back the driver, restarted the computer, then I updated it back to what it was before, then restarted it again and scroll works now.

Thanks again.

KazuhLLL
02-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Cool beans!

Gargoyle
02-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Pssst, you and me have the same computer