PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy after seeing/hearing the Karlsson incident

Spartanbh
02-13-2013, 10:52 PM

Sorry to see him go down...Sens are pretty much FUBAR now though.

For anyone else that missed it (Karlsson is arguably the best Defenseman in the NHL right now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embe dded&v=PFTVRyz7N9U

What we have there is a lacerated Achilles tendon which requires surgery. Karlsson will probably be out the rest of the season and probably some of next season as well. Sucks for the Sens and the entire NHL.

Fuzzy
02-13-2013, 10:56 PM
OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW!

I legitimately stopped watching the game after that. Senators had potential to do very well this season and they have been doing exactly that, but after that injury I really do not know anymore...

:(

Spartanbh
02-13-2013, 10:59 PM
This'll make you really cringe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J63qxwekH4&feature=youtu.be

As much as I hate to admit it...I think there may have been a slight intention to stomp his skate there...maybe he didn't know exactly where his skate was or maybe it was a complete accident, but either way, it sucks for the entire league. Karlsson was like the top reason anyone would watch an Ottawa game nowadays. Losing him, Spezza, and Cowen, plus Michalek has a lower body injury now...if the Sens make the playoffs it would be a miracle.

H2O Yordle
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Damn that sucks.

Gargoyle
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
For anyone else that missed it (Karlsson WAS arguably the best Defenseman in the NHL right now):

Sucks bad, I was just really getting into hockey this year too =/

Spartanbh
02-13-2013, 11:38 PM
I mean there are still plenty of other star to watch =P. But if I was Matt Cooke of the Penguins, I'd stay away from Ottawa for a few months, there's a good chance he could get assassinated.

Silent Arbiter1
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Canadians :P lol, sorry but I live in Georgia and our Hockey team stopped playing awhile ago, dont know if they were good but their name was the Thrashers.

Spartanbh
02-13-2013, 11:51 PM
The Thrashers were alright and they moved to Winnipeg last year. The reason they moved is cause of Georgians like you who didn't attend the games, so they didn't make any money and were forced to move =P

Silent Arbiter1
02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
poor thrashers, if only it snowed in Georgia then maybe just maybe more than 10 people would show up(the last time it snowed here was 2 years ago, and the last blizzard was in 1990)

Silko
02-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Is it bad when I laughed when I watched it in slowmo?

Spartanbh
02-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Picture an ax or hatchet coming down on your Achilles tendon and not being able to walk for at least 6 months?

Silko
02-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Picture an ax or hatchet coming down on your Achilles tendon and not being able to walk for at least 6 months?

Lol

Coda
02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
DAMN. I can't even imagine. I didn't see it until it got REALLY slowed damn. I cringed, and then my jaw dropped and I moaned in sympathy pain. I don't really follow sports (although I try to at least sort of follow the Canucks, which is my local hockey team), but that SUCKS. I feel bad for the guy.