PDA

View Full Version : Battle Film Commentary?

Mythonian
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
So I'm going to be uploading another 3-5 films over the next week or two, and I was wondering what you guys felt in terms of possibly commentating over it, or whether it should just be the raw gameplay?

The last (and only) commentated game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgCy_RbLuyE&list=PL2D79F92BBACA31A0&index=12

(NOTE that future commentaries would be properly synched up)

Anyway, I want your opinions!

KazuhLLL
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I tend to like commentaries more than raw gameplay. Often when it's just the game sounds I stop watching the game to go play it myself lol.

Of course live voice capturing is the most ideal, but that rarely happens :P

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM

I agree.

And I'm not the best at commentating but I'd give it a shot, hell even a dual commentary would be awesome if both commentators had a chance to meet/watch the video before recording. That being said I also don't mind raw gameplay videos.

VerbotenDonkey
02-22-2013, 05:34 PM
It depends, sometimes I like commentary and sometimes I feel like just watching the gameplay (the best though is hearing the ingame communication! :P I know that can only be possible if recorded while actually playing though). I say maybe do half and half with it? Half of the uploaded ones do commentary for and the other half don't. Commentary has to be good though, I don't know if there would be enough to talk about during the whole 15 minute match besides "oh REDD is winning now, oh now BLUE is."

H2O Yordle
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I VOULENTAR! But it will probbalu be turibal.

UnfoldedFreedom
02-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I can't help but I notice the lack of VBD content in the videos. Now that I got that out of the way, Commentating would add to the videos and draw more viewers in , making it possible to make the the community bigger.

Yehsus
02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Would love to comment.

Blackhawk570
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I can't help but I notice the lack of VBD content in the videos. Now that I got that out of the way, Commentating would add to the videos and draw more viewers in , making it possible to make the the community bigger.

Most of the games Myth uploads are close games. Maybe if you guys tune it down a little bit you can make the game seem closer than it already is. lol

Mythonian
02-22-2013, 05:59 PM

I think this is the only game that had VbD in it that was uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbhsYEaJ-M&list=PL2D79F92BBACA31A0&index=9

Also, as Blackhawk says, we try to upload close, intense games most of the time. So if you have any of those, be especially sure to get someone to save them.

Save your films, put them on your fileshare, and tell me about them. I don't think I've got any VbD films right now at all, so be sure to give them to me if you want them uploaded.

UnfoldedFreedom
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Most of the games Myth uploads are close games. Maybe if you guys tune it down a little bit you can make the game seem closer than it already is. lol

I try to tell guzzie to make it close for the DRAMA but he justs says im crazy. i dont get it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is the only game that had VbD in it that was uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbhsYEaJ-M&list=PL2D79F92BBACA31A0&index=9

Also, as Blackhawk says, we try to upload close, intense games most of the time. So if you have any of those, be especially sure to get someone to save them.

Save your films, put them on your fileshare, and tell me about them. I don't think I've got any VbD films right now at all, so be sure to give them to me if you want them uploaded.

Vbd video can be a learning experience for FC instead of intense games : D. And im not even in that match, so you cant call it vbd. LOLOL

Guzzie
02-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I try to tell guzzie to make it close for the DRAMA but he justs says im crazy. i dont get it lol.

Lol.

Anyways, I have one video saved, maybe two. If you want I can upload them (it) to my file share. Also, I voted for videos with commentaries, I would even love to do some commentaries in some of them.

HighLight
02-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Let Unfolded and me do a dual commentary. We'll bring the lolz.

Guzzie
02-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Let Unfolded and me do a dual commentary. We'll bring the lolz.
Your not that funny bro. Maybe Gingie by himself would be enough.

UnfoldedFreedom
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Your not that funny bro. Maybe Gingie by himself would be enough.

Gingie by himself is never enough he needs someone else for the contrast.

Guzzie
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Well then I vote you and Gingie. Or Gingie and Kyle, but then they'll just be yelling and making fun of each other the entire time.

Mythonian
02-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Lol.

Anyways, I have one video saved, maybe two. If you want I can upload them (it) to my file share. Also, I voted for videos with commentaries, I would even love to do some commentaries in some of them.
Definitely.

Everyone who has volunteered to commentate: I'll contact you sometime this weekend or early next week with details.

Juggernaut9473
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I have done commentary before. I can do it again lol

Silko
02-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Only request is let the commentary be done with someone who 1) Has a good mic and 2) a good voice ie not high pitched or squeaker.

If I fit those two requirements I would be willing to help as well

Blackhawk570
02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Only request is let the commentary be done with someone who 1) Has a good mic and 2) a good voice ie not high pitched or squeaker.

If I fit those two requirements I would be willing to help as well

Ok Silko can you be a little more subtle? I am not willing to do this...

Silko
02-22-2013, 11:06 PM
I demand we have this legendary man do our game commentaries!

http://officialvinscully.com/images/home-vin-scully.jpg

Graycochea
02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Who's that guy?

Silko
02-22-2013, 11:55 PM
That my friend is the legendary Vince Scully. He has been the commentator for the LA Dodgers for the past 50 years

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLexiZHy9wI

bl4yze
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Me and MDMYAY are up to dual commentate. top lel!

MDMYAY
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
You can't handle the dual commentary of MDMYAY and bl4yze. YOU CANT HANDLE IT.

Mythonian
03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
^ Just PM'd you guys with details. Thanks for volunteering!

riphelix
05-03-2013, 12:58 PM

Perhaps a mix of the two types of commentaries?

Raw live in-game voice would give people less versed in call outs and such a chance to better learn the terms. People could also learn more strategies by listening to the teams to implement into their own gameplay.

But regluar commentaries would be nice as well and as stated before possibly bring in new members. People watching just the raw gameplay would more likely just skim through it thinking its just another gameplay somebody was trying to show off.

KazuhLLL
05-03-2013, 02:01 PM
^Lol bump.

If these commentaries start up again, I think it'd be nice if the games were cut down to ~10 minutes? With our gametypes lasting the full 15 minutes it's a bit too long IMO. I wouldn't want a complete cut of the "boring" stuff, but it'd be nice if they could maybe be fast-forwarded?

Mythonian
05-03-2013, 07:58 PM
^Lol bump.

If these commentaries start up again, I think it'd be nice if the games were cut down to ~10 minutes? With our gametypes lasting the full 15 minutes it's a bit too long IMO. I wouldn't want a complete cut of the "boring" stuff, but it'd be nice if they could maybe be fast-forwarded?

The game length itself won't change, and simply accelerating the video 33% would make it look pretty bad IMO, therefore to shorten it we'd need to cut out portions of it, which would take a lot more time and coordination, making the commentaries even fewer and farther between.

Not worth it IMO.

Nicholas Sapien
05-04-2013, 05:46 PM
The game length itself won't change, and simply accelerating the video 33% would make it look pretty bad IMO, therefore to shorten it we'd need to cut out portions of it, which would take a lot more time and coordination, making the commentaries even fewer and farther between.

Not worth it IMO.

IYO