PDA

View Full Version : infinite flag overtime

silversleek
02-23-2013, 06:48 PM
because nobody likes a tie. this way, one side will win liberation games, our most tied games in the battles.

HighLight
02-23-2013, 06:54 PM
That seems a little extreme. Maybe do a 5,10, or 15 minute overtime and first to cap wins. If its still a tie than well, its a tie.

Only problem is that it will screw up the rotations.

VerbotenDonkey
02-23-2013, 07:03 PM
No because that would take foreeever. I would rather just have ties.

Gargoyle
02-23-2013, 07:20 PM
An additional 5 minutes would still make the game 20 mins long. Add in the time to actually set the game up too, it'd be too long. Mess up the rotation, and kinda mess up the rest of the night.

It's honestly easier for the tie to happen. Plus, the next time those two squads face off, its even cooler ;)

Nicholas Sapien
02-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm fine with ties
Ties aren't that often.

bazongaman502
02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Infinate? No...

1-2 minutes? I can go with that... but ties aren't bad. Shows both groups that they need to improve for the next match or following week.

If we did infinate time, you might see some games go for a super long time... two evenly matched teams go into a CTF game and both can't get the flag out of the enemy base, then you are looking at games that could go from 30 minutes to possibly an hour before someone scores... but an hour of straight of one match probably will get people to just give up and let the other enemy team win just so the game could end.

Overtime would be good for 1 or 2 minutes, but not longer then that.