PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV

bazongaman502
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015134231 9941633&set=a.119104781632.95409. 59685491632&type=1&theater

Aparently we get to be pirates?

description of picture:

Rumor Alert: A poster has surfaced for the next Assassin's Creed game. The poster shows the game, apparently titled Black Flag, moving to a pirate-themed era and a new setting in the Caribbean.

Read more here (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/rumor-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-uncovered?utm_campaign=tw posts&utm_source=twitter)

Maxdoggy
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Grab the link from Kotaku that I posted in the Chatbox. Much better.

JamiDJ
02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
i like pirates!

kevin2sick
02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
That'll be pretty interesting. More boat battles I see.

Sir Nihlus
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
But my console doesn't play pirate versions of games D:
:turtlerace:

bazongaman502
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Grab the link from Kotaku that I posted in the Chatbox. Much better.

didn't see your link, you can post it still though... still have the same info though

Spartanbh
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I was like certain that the next one would have had an Asian theme, most likely Feudal Japan in the 1800s or something like that, where there were still Samurais and stuff. Guess I was wrong =P...I'm still waiting for AC7 that takes places in Russia during WWII and you get to save the Battle of Stalingrad, assassinate Hitler, and eventually poison Stalin ;)

bazongaman502
02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
im kinda interested in this one... not much has been told, but Im actually wanting to hear more before i throw my money at it...

a WW2 one would be awesome

RaZ Vader
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
They are going to kill the series for me...

Maxdoggy
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
A lot of people (myself included) loved the ship aspect of ACIII and would play the crap out of a game just based on that. However, I CERTAINLY would not buy a game that solely consisted of it. This is probably Ubi taking the rave reviews of this mode a bit too literally.

This will be one of those games that I pick up at Blockbuster to rent.

RaZ Vader
02-26-2013, 06:33 PM
A lot of people (myself included) loved the ship aspect of ACIII and would play the crap out of a game just based on that. However, I CERTAINLY would not buy a game that solely consisted of it. This is probably Ubi taking the rave reviews of this mode a bit too literally.

This will be one of those games that I pick up at Blockbuster to rent.

Blockbusters still exist? Lol

Juggernaut9473
02-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Blockbusters still exist? Lol

News to me

Maxdoggy
02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
I have one in my hometown and when I'm home I use the shit out of it to rent videogames and movies. I LOVE my Blockbuster.

bazongaman502
02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Blockbuster and Gamer Crazy are gone over here... basically i'll iv got is Gamefly

Choca Cola
02-27-2013, 12:41 AM
My Blockbuster has been gone for years, and yeah news to me as well.

Note: Watch South Park, get minor laugh at current subject. :)

Graycochea
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
'Round these parts, Blockbuster, EB, and GameCrazy have all gone out of business. All we have is 3 Gamestops. EB actually turned into Gamestop, which explains the redundancy of having two Gamestops in one mall. We also have an Exchange, but that doesn't really count.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Assassin's Creed III completely killed the series for me. I don't know why, but after that game, I have no wish to play anymore Assassin's Creed games. It's really weird. I just didn't like it. I liked killing redcoats and that was about it.

zZ Dr K Zz
02-27-2013, 04:27 AM
Connor was part of the reason that I turned sour towards the game as it went on. I just didn't like it him as an Assassin or a character, he was so bland and just...annoying most of the time.

I would of preferred to play as Haytham Kenway, he was so much more interesting and acted so much like an Assassin (although events at the end of the game belayed that).

Also, the game had so much damn busy work that it got annoying running from one place to another constantly.

The ship missions were cool! I had no problems with them at all, they were fun and unique! I'm looking forward to AC IV.

Maxdoggy
02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
New ACIV Details Emerge: Set in the Caribbean, featuring Edward Kenway. http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-details-emerge-6404553

More interesting info relating to the XBL Marketplace sale and an Xbox 720 exclusivity deal with EA can be found here: https://twitter.com/joshpav/gamingnews

Toast78901
02-27-2013, 02:50 PM
ACIII killed the series for me for so many reasons. Connor was bland. It was marketed as "ignite the revolution", but really didn't feel like it. There was only 1 battlefield scene, despite that being an aspect they marketed. And the end, as well as Desmond's storyline sucked ass. Now, I know we don't know for sure what Desmond's fate was. But let's assume that he did in fact die. Boom. you killed the series. AC was never about Altair, or Ezio, or Connor. It was about Desmond. And what did they do? Skimp on his character development, kill him off, oh, and NEVER HAD A POINT WHERE HE WAS THE ASSASSSIN. Aside from those few missions in ACIII where you went to go get those power sources, we never got to fully try Desmond out as an assassin. Which, for me at least, was highly disappointing. I felt like it was something that they had been hyping up for a while, and to be honest, I was expecting a game to come very soon where you only play as Desmond. It only made sense. If we don't get that, then all the other games fail to make sense in terms of looking at the series as a whole. In 1, he's kidnapped and introduced to the concept. In 2, he rescued and put in the Animus TO LEARN TO BE AN ASSASSIN. in Brotherhood, they were on the run, with Desmond trying to find a piece of Eden before the Templars could. We also learned about the Doomsday. In revelations, his mind was fragmenting. And then we get to 3 which implies that he's killed off. I mean, come on.

Many of you will probably dislike that rant of mine; many AC fans do. I usually feel as if I'm the only one who payed any attention to Desmond and how he was the central focus of the series. I also feel that very few people look at the series as a whole when evaluating any of the games, which I feel in this case shows ACIII to be quite a bit of a flop.

As far as ACIV? If Desmond is not there, I will not play it. In my mind there will have been no point to the previous games, making it not worth my time. If he is? I'll play through it on the grounds of me hoping that Ubisoft can redeem themselves.

Graycochea
02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
ACIII killed the series for me for so many reasons. Connor was bland. It was marketed as "ignite the revolution", but really didn't feel like it. There was only 1 battlefield scene, despite that being an aspect they marketed. And the end, as well as Desmond's storyline sucked ass. Now, I know we don't know for sure what Desmond's fate was. But let's assume that he did in fact die. Boom. you killed the series. AC was never about Altair, or Ezio, or Connor. It was about Desmond. And what did they do? Skimp on his character development, kill him off, oh, and NEVER HAD A POINT WHERE HE WAS THE ASSASSSIN. Aside from those few missions in ACIII where you went to go get those power sources, we never got to fully try Desmond out as an assassin. Which, for me at least, was highly disappointing. I felt like it was something that they had been hyping up for a while, and to be honest, I was expecting a game to come very soon where you only play as Desmond. It only made sense. If we don't get that, then all the other games fail to make sense in terms of looking at the series as a whole. In 1, he's kidnapped and introduced to the concept. In 2, he rescued and put in the Animus TO LEARN TO BE AN ASSASSIN. in Brotherhood, they were on the run, with Desmond trying to find a piece of Eden before the Templars could. We also learned about the Doomsday. In revelations, his mind was fragmenting. And then we get to 3 which implies that he's killed off. I mean, come on.

Many of you will probably dislike that rant of mine; many AC fans do. I usually feel as if I'm the only one who payed any attention to Desmond and how he was the central focus of the series. I also feel that very few people look at the series as a whole when evaluating any of the games, which I feel in this case shows ACIII to be quite a bit of a flop.

As far as ACIV? If Desmond is not there, I will not play it. In my mind there will have been no point to the previous games, making it not worth my time. If he is? I'll play through it on the grounds of me hoping that Ubisoft can redeem themselves.

*slow clap that rises into thunderous applause*

I completely agree. I was hoping Desmond would get his own game too. If he doesn't, I'm done. I have seen the story as a whole and I love Desmond's character, they just haven't done much with him as the main character. That's a big part of why I don't have any wish to play IV. No Desmond, No Me.

Also, Desmond was already an Assassin, he just didn't have the skills because he left home as a teenager and never learned them, which is why they put him in the Animus. That's why they introduce the father.

Toast78901
02-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Also, Desmond was already an Assassin, he just didn't have the skills because he left home as a teenager and never learned them, which is why they put him in the Animus. That's why they introduce the father.

I know he was; what I had meant in my post is we never really got to see him in action as an assassin. And we sure as hell didn't get to see him as the main focus of a game in terms of the action. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't one from the start.

zZ Dr K Zz
02-27-2013, 11:18 PM
I wasn't disappointed by the lack of Desmonds story, I never felt the main focus of the game was on him. His story seemed fine to me and you did get to play as him as an Assassin, albeit very little, the last mission with him was cool. You went on a freaking rampage and killed everything.

Also, my reaction to the end of every Assassin's Creed game:

Sicarioano
02-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Everyone wanting a WWII game, a ship game. I'm just over here waiting for the American Civil War were you play in the decisive battles of Gettysburg, Bull Run, Pittsburgh, and do missions for the South and assassinate Lincoln cause he's a templar and frame John Wilks Booth for it. That would be fun to me, also some strategic playing possibly and iron clad fighting. And maybe have a scene of you playing as the characters father fighting in the Texas Revolution at the battle of the Alamo (Most because I'm from Texas and love my state)

Sounds like a good place to start on a game, just me though.

Toast78901
02-28-2013, 01:15 AM
I wasn't disappointed by the lack of Desmonds story, I never felt the main focus of the game was on him. His story seemed fine to me and you did get to play as him as an Assassin, albeit very little, the last mission with him was cool. You went on a freaking rampage and killed everything.

Also, my reaction to the end of every Assassin's Creed game:

Desmond was the core of the storyline. All other playable characters were merely conduits for Desmond's fate. They all had a hand, but they were not who the series was about. This is even highlighted whenever Ezio encountered any of Those Who Came Before (ie. Juno, etc). That was even one of the main focuses of Ezio's (and in turn Altair's) ending in Revelations. They were merely go betweens. Not to say I didn't like them; Ezio is hands down my favorite person in the series. But I recognize that the series was, at its core, about Desmond.

Graycochea
02-28-2013, 07:34 AM
If they made a Civil War game where you played for the Confederacy, I wouldn't play it. Also, there was no battle in Pittsburgh, Gettysburg was the only battle in the North. Once we beat the Confederates there, they retreated into the South and never came back. I think you're thinking of the Battle of Shiloh, which took place on Pittsburg Landing, in Tennessee.

Sicarioano
02-28-2013, 09:00 AM
If they made a Civil War game where you played for the Confederacy, I wouldn't play it. Also, there was no battle in Pittsburgh, Gettysburg was the only battle in the North. Once we beat the Confederates there, they retreated into the South and never came back. I think you're thinking of the Battle of Shiloh, which took place on Pittsburg Landing, in Tennessee.

I now my battles, I'm a war buff...O_o don't question my knowledge.

Lol its James
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
They will never make a civil war game, it would be to half and half. World war 1 and World War II I can't wait, making hitler take the cyanide by shoving it down his throat, and then leaving before the Russians could find th body.

Maxdoggy
02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
ACIV Confirmed; More info on the 4th: http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-14241-Assassin-s-Creed-IV--Black-Flag-Confirmed-With-Box-Art.html?utm_source=dlvr. it&utm_medium=twitter

Maxdoggy
03-01-2013, 09:10 AM
ACIV Release Date and new image leaked: http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-14252-Assassin-s-Creed-IV--Black-Flag-Release-Date-Leaks.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

Maxdoggy
03-04-2013, 09:22 AM
ACIV Preview by Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/5988249/be-excited-about-assassins-creed-iv-and-be-skeptical?utm_campaign=So cialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

MedeDust
03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I've got something better, AC4 Reveal http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/the-dawn-of-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag

Relapsive
03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I was fairly displeased that i heard they where already coming out with a new Assassins Creed, but it actually seems to be promising.

Zeta Crossfire
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Anyone know what team is working on it? Last I hear there were 3 different teams working on AC games and considering the team that did 1-3 (not counting brotherhood and revelations) just shipped their last game during winter I don't think it will be their team.

MedeDust
03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I believe its the same team that made AC3, they promised something a lot better, AC3 was merely a test is what they said so I have high hopes.

Zeta Crossfire
03-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I believe its the same team that made AC3, they promised something a lot better, AC3 was merely a test is what they said so I have high hopes.

Only problem with that is the game was made in roughly 1 years time which could hurt quality. Guess it's time to do some digging.

zZ Dr K Zz
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Only problem with that is the game was made in roughly 1 years time which could hurt quality. Guess it's time to do some digging.
"This one began development in the summer of 2011."
Which is good, since this means its had time to straighten out the kinks from ACIII, and they had some developers from the Far Cry 3 team to help them with the layout of the map, which has me really excited. Since FC3 was addicting as hell.

http://kotaku.com/5988249/be-excited-about-assassins-creed-iv-and-be-skeptical

Good article to read if you want some good info on the game, I'm excited for the game. AC III was okay, not as bad as Revelations.

MedeDust
03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
What caught my attention was the fact that you can move from your boat into the water onto land into the jungle without loading screens, that's a huge progression.

zZ Dr K Zz
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
What caught my attention was the fact that you can move from your boat into the water onto land into the jungle without loading screens, that's a huge progression.
Same here! I love that they finally added that into the game, I can't wait to see it in action. I hope they have seamless transitions from cutscenes to gameplay like Max Payne 3 or RDR did.

AftershocK
03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Another AC game!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Asseroya
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I think the game franchise is becoming like COD. A new game almost every year or less and few or unsignificant changes

MedeDust
03-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I think the game franchise is becoming like COD. A new game almost every year or less and few or unsignificant changes

Not quite true. Compared in the way you put it, COD has almost no advancements while AC improves their gameplay every game. They went from having to wait through cut scenes and hardly any free world roaming to much larger free world roaming, less loading scenes, and a more sophisticated engine over all. I can agree the AC2 series didnt have much of that but AC2, Brotherhood, Rev, can be said were the same game and story, literally.

zZ Dr K Zz
03-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Not quite true. Compared in the way you put it, COD has almost no advancements while AC improves their gameplay every game. They went from having to wait through cut scenes and hardly any free world roaming to much larger free world roaming, less loading scenes, and a more sophisticated engine over all. I can agree the AC2 series didnt have much of that but AC2, Brotherhood, Rev, can be said were the same game and story, literally.
Very true, and a good point being is that the AC series actually make adjustments to their game engine and improve upon it with every iteration. CoD on the other hand has been using the same engine since Call of Duty 2 and it has aged very poorly.

WolfPack23
03-07-2013, 01:27 AM
I sense more ship to ship combat systems in the future.

Maxdoggy
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
A new in-depth preview of ACIV from X360A: http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-15387-E3-2013--Assassin-s-Creed-IV--Black-Flag-Preview-–-Setting-Sail-For-Next-Gen.html?utm_source=dlvr. it&utm_medium=twitter

Anarchy
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
The AC2 trilogy thing really burnt be out on Assassin's Creed. Revelations in specific was boring to me within like the first 30 minutes.