PDA

View Full Version : Google Glass

MedeDust
02-27-2013, 12:29 PM
i dont think this has been posted

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/27/everything-you-need-to-know-about-google-glass

Thoughts? I think this could be a clear turning point in technology, if they make it affordable by the average joe I'd get for sure.

Coda
02-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Something that could be a problem with Google Glass, is that there is a video camera on it... If you see someone with it on you could be being filmed. And if it becomes very common for people to have, you'll see them everywhere. There will be people all around you that could be filming you. This could change human behavior quite a lot.

Despite that, though... It looks freaking awesome. Hopefully the voice recognition is good. And video quality. And the display. Etc.

MedeDust
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Something that could be a problem with Google Glass, is that there is a video camera on it... If you see someone with it on you could be being filmed. And if it becomes very common for people to have, you'll see them everywhere. There will be people all around you that could be filming you. This could change human behavior quite a lot.

Despite that, though... It looks freaking awesome. Hopefully the voice recognition is good. And video quality. And the display. Etc.

If somebody wanted to film you they would regardless.

Al Capone111
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
As cool as it looks, I think I will wait for the second gen of it. Just in case it's a bit buggy. But I really do want one.

bazongaman502
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Last i heard they will be sold around $1,200 when it first goes up for sale.

They look cool, but when you wear it, it kinda looks weird. The video camara doesnt really bother me, if they want to watch my sexiness multiple times, then they can, wont hurt me.

Overal it seems like a cool divice to own at some point, but I will not spend over $1,000 on something that is basically built for the lazy.

KazuhLLL
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM

I do agree that widespread adoption of these would change some people's behaviors, but personally I don't do anything in public that would make me care about being filmed.

A friend of mine, on the other hand, would be one of those people. She doesn't even feel comfortable in front of a powered Kinect xD

bazongaman502
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
She doesn't even feel comfortable in front of a powered Kinect xD

Microsoft is watching you and monitoring you as long as thats on!!!!!!! lol

Al Capone111
02-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Microsoft is watching you and monitoring you as long as thats on!!!!!!! lol

And I don't wear pants while playing...

bazongaman502
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
And I don't wear pants while playing...

I think it saw me beat it a few times... oh well, I gave them a show ;)

Graycochea
02-27-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't know about wearing something on my head. I don't mind the way it looks, it'll just help to identify me as a nerd or geek. What if they try taking people over like in Meet The Robinsons? I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I also do not want to be a lamb to the slaughter. Plus, if it is just a phone and a camera, I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for something I already have in my pocket.

silversleek
02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
that's been in the works for years. I do want one though, AR ftw.