PDA

View Full Version : Jon Got a Capture Card? No Way!

JonOU812
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
yeah so I got a Roxio Basic (non HD, short on funds) and I've been debating on whether or not I should do livestream, youtube or both. I mean i'm just starting out so any help would be appreciated. Tips n Tricks on how to use it, ideal games, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

bazongaman502
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Looking for views for your channel? Best to have CoD gameplay. It's one of the most watched videos on youtube at the moment.

Livestream views? Kinda comes down to luck. You either get alot of viewers or any at all. Its all about the timing and the game you are playing. Halo gets alot of viewers for Livestreams, but not much for recorded videos on youtube (don't understand why, just the way it is)

I owned the Roxio as well, untill I sold it to UNLUCKY. I now currently own an HDPVR.

Something i suggest doing is going to "Task Manager" on your computer, click on "Roxio Capture Device" (or something similar to that). Right-click it and go to "Go To Process". It will take you the the processer tab, but will highlight the actual processer for that device. Right-click the highlighted name, then go to "Set Priority" and set it to "High"... doing that will limit the less chances of any FR skips.

also make sure your computer atleast has a 2.0GHz processer if you want its full potential.

(chances are words are spelt wrong in this, im still like 80% alseep at school lol)

Also: Your Roxio can do HD... its not perfect HD, but still classified as HD... here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjC0j-arAC0

here is a CoD gameplay i did... and all i did was knife and I some how got almost 2,500 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XcHgZ2PA2k

Spartanbh
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
If you have a capture card, you should help make videos for FC =P. We could always use some new recruitment videos.

Blackhawk570
03-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Pretty much do both. Youtube requires more work because of editing and such. If you want to livestream get Xsplit. I believe it is free, but you lose some features unless you pay for a license.

JonOU812
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Fucking hate CoD now but i see where you're going. My computer, on the other hand, is a complete beast. Had it custom built from a friend, it can basically run skyrim on ultra high res if i wanted to. I did try to do livestream with xsplit but i couldn't get my voice and others. Also how would you do a live commentary with Roxio? Since i can only add my voice in when i edit it, but i want it during gameplay.

Blackhawk570
03-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Fucking hate CoD now but i see where you're going. My computer, on the other hand, is a complete beast. Had it custom built from a friend, it can basically run skyrim on ultra high res if i wanted to. I did try to do livestream with xsplit but i couldn't get my voice and others. Also how would you do a live commentary with Roxio? Since i can only add my voice in when i edit it, but i want it during gameplay.

Basically this is my setup.

I have my Roxio capture card hooked up to my computer and tv which is standard via HDMI. Then I have my Turtle Beaches which I hear game sound and chat. In order to get the sound on the livestream you must enable voice through headset and tv. What I do is mute my tv because I have the sound through my turtle beaches. In order for your voice you can use a computer headset for that. I usually have my computer mic on my neck and my turtles on my head. There is another way to do this and Metkil might now how, but I haven't tried it that way yet.

H2O Yordle
03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
There has to be an easier way then that.

JonOU812
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
isn't it a certain program you can use for the audio? I remember seeing a video on it i think.

Prof Blastoise
03-06-2013, 03:13 AM
Dude, talk to Alex (bullet) he knows ALL
!

bazongaman502
03-06-2013, 03:59 AM
isn't it a certain program you can use for the audio? I remember seeing a video on it i think.

If you want clear audio for live commentary, you will mostlikly need to use 2 programs... the capture card and the voice recording software. Id recomend Audacity. Its free and has clear audio :)