PDA

View Full Version : Yesh's disc drive

Yehsus
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Been a while since I posted a thread, wish it was better news.

My xbox's disc drive is finally shitting the bed. Half my games wont read anymore, including Halo 4. Last night i spent 30 minutes opening and closing my disc drive trying to get it to load but to no avail. It only seems that Mass Effect 2 & 3 load, but even those are a 5-10 minute struggle.

Its an extremely weird situation. I'm not getting any "disc read errors", it just simply wont load on my dashboard. I can hear my disc spinning for a few seconds, then it stops and all is quiet. DVDs work just fine, and none of my 360 games have scratches or smudges.

I'm not going to buy another xbox as 720 is right down the road. In the meantime I will continue to wrestle with my xbox when the community gets on for Halo 4, its just inconvenient that the most popular game for me is also the game that wont run.

Any recommendations from my fellow gamers?

Spartanbh
03-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Your disc-reader laser thingy may be dusty. I recommend getting some Canned Air and spraying the inside of the disc drive. It won't damage it or anything, it'll just clear out all the dust. Probably just better of spraying all of your xbox with canned air just to get rid of any dust.

VerbotenDonkey
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Call Tech Support?

Yehsus
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Call Tech Support?

If I wanted to talk to some representative with broken English, I'd take a vacation to Mexico.

Spartan that sounds like a promising idea. Thanks be with to you.

VerbotenDonkey
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM
If I wanted to talk to some representative with broken English, I'd take a vacation to Mexico.

With an attitude like that, you'll be keeping your broken xbox then. :P

Spartanbh
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM

You're an asshole

Anarchy
03-07-2013, 06:16 PM
My xbox did the exact same thing.

You can replace the disk drive for $20~ and a bit of handy work. It's what I did.

Skype me if you want more info on that. There's some detail stuff you have to know if you're doing it.

Nicholas Sapien
03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Try smashing it with a hammer

always works for me ;)

zZ Dr K Zz
03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Open up your Xbox 360 (it's extremely easy) clean it all out. You can also take apart your HDD, but I have never done it before, so not so how easy or safe that is.

But in a last ditch effort to get it to work, why not go for it?

MedeDust
03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Same problem 3 years ago. Bought the slim, problem solved. The slim is going for $99

Maxdoggy
03-08-2013, 01:52 AM

They switched tech support for 18004MYXBOX back to the USA. You have no excuse now.

Yehsus
03-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Decided to buy a new xbox for 150$.

I'll be back in action this Wednesday.