PDA

View Full Version : Metroid: Other M

IX Dr Doom XI
08-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Sooo.....yea this game came out recently for the Wii, anyone planning on getting it? Supposedly game is good but it has flaws like the game has very lengthly cutscenes that cant be skipped, as well as not so great graphics.

Metroid Game Review (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidotherm/video/6274574/metroid-other-m-video-review#toggle_video)

LocoCrazy
08-31-2010, 12:42 AM
I personal am addicted to the Metriod Prime series. I loved it, there was very little wronge with it. Then Team Ninja had to add their spin on things.....i dont like the looks of this at all. Samus herself looks smaller and more tiny. She actulay looked like a badass in the MP series.

Team Ninja fucked with the Vaira Suit and made it look small. Its cool how there are Federation Soldiers that you can interact with just like in MP3 Corruption but they look complelty diffrent.

I just hope to god the Space Pirates, Ridely, Metroids are untouched. I also hope the fact that Samus IS Human but raised by Chozo's is brought up.

KillerGUNNY132
08-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I heard this game was like,

really, really, really bad.

IX Dr Doom XI
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Its not bad, just really really different from the metroid prime series on the gamecube, which in my opinion is the best modern day version of the old sidescroller

LocoCrazy
09-01-2010, 12:40 AM
The Prime trilogy kicked some serious ass. The bosses, the upgrades, the story. All of it! My alltime favorite wepon/upgrade was the Wave Buster for the Wave Beam in Metriod Prime 1. My favorite boss was Ridley in the first game or the Metroid Prime.

Best suits are:
Phazon (http://metroid-database.com/mp/art/phazon_suit.jpg)
Light (http://www.2d-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Lightsuit.jpg)

Or there is always the Zero Suit....*thumb up*

Metkil5685
09-01-2010, 06:32 AM
I like how everyone in this thread is coming the game to GCN and up. No true Metroid fans round here eh?

Loco the reason the Varia looks so small, is because its not the Varia suit. That's just plain ole power suit (or from what I've seen thus far).

All the bad acclaim I've heard is from butthurt metroid fans who think this was too far a departure from the series. Only real downsides I've heard is that the voice acting takes some getting used to and the cutscenes are not skippable. Other then that, I've heard it's a really fun game. I'll be picking it up here pretty soon.

(also Super Metrod, or GTFO. Best Metroid game in the series)

LocoCrazy
09-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Metkil. I'm talking "current" Metroid games. If you want to go that far back then Super Metriod indeed. I am a Metroid fan but I'm not saying Other M is bad. I simply stated that in my opinion I think the Prime series will forever and always kick modern Metriod games asses.

Also, good point of the Vaira/Power suit deal...cant believe I forgot that.............

Nocte
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I still play Super Metroid from time to time.

I haven't even touched the 3rd Metroid because I don't own a Wii. I still remember beating the 1st Metroid Prime for the GC. I felt so awesome.

RetRdidMunkie
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Metkil. I'm talking "current" Metroid games. If you want to go that far back then Super Metriod indeed. I am a Metroid fan but I'm not saying Other M is bad. I simply stated that in my opinion I think the Prime series will forever and always kick modern Metriod games asses.

Also, good point of the Vaira/Power suit deal...cant believe I forgot that.............

Prime was sexy... It's the reason I kept my gamecube... that and Supa Smash Bruthaz!

Ex Zen Mute
09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I like how the game looks but, I do not have a Wii.
I still maybe need to actually play though Metriod Prime on my GC.
>_>

Also, isn't Other M like, the original Metriod but overhauled completely? The story line is like, the same.

LocoCrazy
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I saw some gameplay and cut-snenes. The graphics arent all that bad, better than most Wii games. It looks fast paced (which can be good) however I wouldnt touch it.

Metriod Prime fo lyfe!!!!!!!!

II Recanz II
09-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Samaus is a girl???

IX Dr Doom XI
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Samaus is a girl???

I hope your kidding...

LocoCrazy
09-06-2010, 03:00 PM
He's not. We went through this lastnight.

Recan. Why the hell do you think the chest area on the suit is so god damn big?

IX Dr Doom XI
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
He's not. We went through this lastnight.

Recan. Why the hell do you think the chest area on the suit is so god damn big?

<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<:eek1:

Fail...

LocoCrazy
09-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Here is another thing this Other M game needed/forgot to include:

Chozo's!

All good Metroid fans know that Samus was raised by Chozo's after her parents were killed by Ridley/Space Pirates. How did the Chozo's find a baby human girl? No idea. Every inch of that power sut and all of its upgrades are Chozo. Another thing. Other M made Samus look like some dumb blonde bitch who wines about almost everything. Sure the moves were kick ass but....it was lacking, big time.

Carpe Vexillum
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
The game was good, I like how after the game you can watch all the cut scenes like a movie and they go together pretty well.

BTW (I thought you could skip cut scenes with the + button, I remember distinctly doing so.

The prime series is considered its own group that has hardly anything to do with the original series, Nintendo kicked it back with "The other M" by making the mechanics and everything similar how they use to be. But most hardcore Metroid fans consider "The Prime Series" its own beast.

Primers as they are sometimes called are considered bandwagon metroid fans. =p dont ask me, blame the nintendo trolls.

Nocte
03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
The Metroid Prime series was the shit and honestly it's what I grew up playing. I always loved the games, but I go an Xbox and sold my Wii so I grew apart from the Metroid series. Me and Pulliam used to call each other just to tell each other how far we were in the games, because we played them generally at the same time. Never beat Echoes, because I lost my memory card.... :(

II Recanz II
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
b-b-bump.

Nocte
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Haha didn't even realize the dates just saw Carpe posted last

Hazy
05-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Ahhh the metroid series.....Corruption was a beast game, still replay it to this day, simply because it's that fun.

Other M? Fuck that, Samus is too much of a whiney bitch in that one. She's created to be like.....the master chief in a woman's body, and in this she's the farthest from that. Nope, not happening.

Carpe Vexillum
05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Ahhh the metroid series.....Corruption was a beast game, still replay it to this day, simply because it's that fun.

Other M? Fuck that, Samus is too much of a whiney bitch in that one. She's created to be like.....the master chief in a woman's body, and in this she's the farthest from that. Nope, not happening.

ERRRRR... Wrong. Do your homework on the Metriod back story =p Samus has daddy issues. <3