• Explaining It All...

Two weeks ago, I figured out that in the Terminator timeline, Skynet originally was given control of military systems on August 4. I posted about it twice, and then ended up deciding to actually do something to commemorate the day...

I was keeping it a secret from everyone, even the War Council. (They weren't too thrilled when they found out about it... lol)

This was ENTIRELY separate from Augustus. It has nothing to do with the FC fiction or anything, and was only for fun.

I know a few of you didn't enjoy it, and I apologize to you few. To those of who were had at least a small bit of entertainment, thank you for your attention. And to those who actually tried to figure some things out, I applaud you.

I set out to make this more than simply something that takes 5 minutes to figure out. I wanted this to be something that would take hours to figure out.

After the first phase (i.e., what happened in the first two hours), it was apparent that you guys needed some help. So, I changed my plans A LOT. What happened in the third thread (the one after the lockout ended) where I gave you guys almost all of the encrypted data, it STILL wasn't enough to give the answer away, apparently.

By the way, this was entirely separate from the official Terminator timelines. I created an entire situation myself, because otherwise you'd be able to see where it was going from the start if you've watched the movies.

I'm pretty sure you guys are quite confused about what it all means, so here is a bit of an explanation to it:

Clues for Against Stupidity quote (in correct order):
    • BannerLeft: 00101110 01101110 01101001 01100001 01110110
    • BannerRight: 6E 69 64 6E 01100101
    • Miles's User Title: 01110100
    • Andy's User Title: 01101110
    • Serena's User Title: 01101111
    • Carter's User Title: 01100011 01110011 01100101
    • Vick's User Title: 01110110 01101100 01100101
    • Carl's User Title: 01110011 01101101 01100101
    • Miles's first PM: 01101000 01110100
    • Andy's first PM: 01110011 01100100
    • Serena's first PM: 01101111
    • Mile's second PM Title: --.
    • Carter's Post: 01100101
    • Andy's second PM Title: ....
    • CODE I FORGOT TO USE: 01110100 00101100
    • Serena's second PM Title: -.-- -
    • Mile's first PM Title: ..
    • Andy's first PM Title: -..
    • Serena's first PM Title: ..
    • Carter's thread title: .--.
    • Bottom of page: 01110101 01110100 01110011 01110100 01110011 01101110 01101001 01100001 01100111 01000001

"Against stupidity, the god's themselves contend in vain" is a quote by the German dramatist Friedrich Schiller. It inspired Isaac Asimov's The Gods Themselves. It is my personally favorite quote of all time, by the way.

The password was "Schiller" as Major General Perry explained in the last post.

Of course, there were a lot of other minor clues that were meant to allow you to figure it out. Of the people who actually made an attempt to solve it:
    • 250 - RENGADE 0F FUNK decoded the binary in the banner, but got "AI" instead of ".nia" somehow.
    • 750 - Andimion posted about the embedded binary in the first PMs. However, he missed one of them and therefore his entire post was incorrect.
    • 500 - Eagle actually did some research on the characters.
    • 1000 - cCrisis translated the Morse code from the first thread. Also, the hexadecimal in the second thread he decoded and reversed.
    • 1000 - Mededust translated the given encrypted list in the third thread.
    • 1500 - Maxdoggy took that list and made sense out of it. Solved the biggest clue in the entire thing.
    • 1000 - BurningScarekro decoded the Morse code from the final PMs.

While you guys did a little bit, you failed on a lot. Here is a list of what you FAILED to decrypt or whatever, which prevented anyone from solving the final solution:
    • The URL for the banner images was each a binary string.
    • At the footer of the page, beside the "Official FC Links" there were 10 binary character strings.
    • In the first thread, the version of the operating system (Version 01.1.001.01) was a binary string.
    • The User Titles for each of the first 6 characters included binary strings. The PM ones had one string, while the posters had 3 strings.
    • The third thread (Vick's) title was "Ordering by ID is important" which was a hint as to how to order the code to get the final solution.
    • Robert's first PM's title was Hexadecimal code that meant: "Not 2 not 16 but somewhere in between". It was meant to allow you to solve the included code.
    • Inside Robert's first PM was OCTAL code. It was a hint as to what to do with the quote that Maxdoggy decoded in order to find the final solution.
    • Kyle's thread (the fourth one) had a title which was "2 cubed" which was another hint to use Octal to solve Robert's first PM.
    • The Morse code of the final 4 PMs told you to contact Major General Perry if you hadn't already figured it out. No one did. If you paid attention to the naming scheme I used (first names only) then you just needed to research a little and send a PM to "Justin". You would have been given the answer, but you FAILED.
    • There were many other minor things that don't deserve a mention...

Anyway, the show is over. It was meant to be an Easter-egg hunt to pass the time. For those who actually participated, the number beside your name above is how much vCash you're being awarded with. Congrats, and I hope you had a bit of fun with it!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Explaining It All... started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.