• Website Update 05/29/12

Website Update 05/29/12

A recap following the recent maintenance...

As you should be aware, we had some maintenance last Thursday, and we upgraded our forum software and added some new features. The first portion of this update is to make you aware of some of these changes.

Metkil provided a brief mentioning of some things, focusing on the Activity Stream and mobile skin.

Navigation

Immediately following the maintenance, our vBookie page unfortunately experienced a bug where the entire navigation bar disappeared. After hours of trying to find the reason, I was unable to fix it. So, I just decided to hard-code it in and move on.

However, some other things happened during that.

The dropdown menu for the forums entitled "The Warzone" also disappeared with the maintenance updates. When I went to put that back, I made numerous other changes as well, trying to make the navigation bar more intuitive and user friendly.

I removed the following links, because they were effectively useless and were never really used:
    • General Settings
    • Edit Profile
    • Albums
    • Open Contacts Popup

I then took the rest of the links and reorganized them into the following organization structure:
    • Private Messages
    • FAQ
    • Calendar
    • View Posts
      • Today's Posts
      • Subscribed Threads
      • Mark Forums Read

• Community
      • Groups
      • Friends & Contacts
      • View Site Leaders
      • Member List
      • Who's Online

• The Warzone
      • Rules & Regulations
      • The Warmap, Attack Plans, & Battle Results
      • Official Gametypes and Map Variants
      • The B.L.U.E.
      • The R.E.D.D.

I hope the new layout makes finding the link you want easier. If not, feel free to let me know what you think could improve it.

Additionally, the navigation bar for the What's New page was adjusted as well. That one doesn't require much explanation, since those links were pretty much useless anyway.

Automatic Doublepost Merging

We've never really had real issues with doubleposting that much, but nonetheless this was included in the recent updates so it should be announced.

If you post in the same thread twice within 5 minutes (and no one else posts between the two), the two posts are automatically merged into one, with a divider separating them.

Hopefully this isn't utilized too much, but it should be helpful with some of the more eager recruits posting multiple times in quick succession...

The FC Media Event

This is more of a reminder.

The Media Event we are having for the community's sixth birthday has only 16 days remaining.

Once June 14th comes around, we'll see if we reach our goal. Here is how we currently stand:
    • Facebook likes: 52
    • Youtube subscribers: 28
    • Twitter followers: 12

For our goal of reaching 600... we've got a decent bit left to go.

If we don't reach the goal, the current prizes probably won't be given out. If you guys can at least get a bit closer (maybe 100?) we'll consider giving out some smaller prizes... So get to it!

~Mythonian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Website Update 05/29/12 started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.