• Planning Ahead...

With just under two months left until Halo 4's release, HighCom has been working hard to get things set up when we go back into battle in a new realm. They are not the only ones working hard as well though. The website development team (aka Myth and I) have been working on what is going to happen to the website. In anticipation of what's coming, I have to take certain measures. You might have noticed the donation goal has gotten stupidly large. $260. This is no typo, that is really the new goal. You guys ask why. Well here is your reasons.

1). November marks the same month I have to renew licenses on software we use on the website. This happens every year, but I just let it slip past everyone because it's just bothersome.

2). Majority of it goes into upgrading our forum software. If you have a keen eye, you notice we run vBulletin 4.2.0. Later this year, vB will be releasing version 5.0. I have looked into what the new version offers us and I think what it will provide will be great for the community and the ease of management of the website. Members and Administrators alike have a lot to gain from the new software.

3.) Smallest portion of the donation amount, undisclosed confidential HighCom business, that only concerns HighCom. (HighCom, go read the thread I am referencing!) Basically everyone else ignore this as it's just a reminder to HighCom. =D

Now, I am not asking everyone to somehow actually donate this much, that's just wrong. However, every little bit helps. There are actually two methods you can do help with this.

1). The most obvious is to just donate to the website using the donate buttons around the website. This is the most direct and easiest way to contribute to this.

2). Turn off your ad-blockers and visit the site more. The more you guys view the website with those advertisements being displayed, the more you help. Now, don't set up programs/macros/bots to just refresh the site or things like that because those kinds of things are detected and won't do anything. Just legitimentaly visit the website more often and get involved more. Every time you visit the site, you help the site.

So that's it. That's why the donation bar is looking stupid. I really hope you guys help out and donate, but if you can't just visit the site more often!

Thanks everyone!

Metkil5685
    Website Administrator
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Planning Ahead... started by Metkil5685 View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.