• FC Update 6.4

FC Update 6.4

Ten Days...

As the war for Reach came to a bitter close, the R.E.D.D. stood atop the planet victorious,
    claiming the planet for the Empire once again. Chasing their foes who fled before them,
    the Imperial giant pushed the B.L.U.E. back into the stars. For a moment, it had seemed like
    the war was over. That the Empire had once and for all crushed the Brotherhood in a decisive
    victory. This victory however, was to be short lived, as their foe morphed before their eyes...

#BlameMetkil

So I'm trying my best to make #BlameMetkil a fad. It's something that Raz sort of started almost exactly two years ago in FC Update 1.5, where he said the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    After every update i would like to have a "BLAME STOSH" Video (someone in FC gave this idea, and liked it). I was thinking on calling the segment "BLAME Metty" as in Blame Metkil, cuz its always his fault .
    So, #BlameMetkil is becoming a reality.

And by "reality" I mean "analogous to @FC_Wars", which means going here is very similar to going here, or sort of here.

So, basically, refer to it as a way for us (and you guys) to talk about the website. We can all #BlameMetkil together!

Oh, and I may or may not have just inadvertently added another easter egg to the site. #BlameMetkil!

...In the desperate final battle of Eposz, Brotherhood forces located and secured vital data
    from the Empire, including data on Spartan-IV production. As they fled the system to rejoin
    their brethren along the Outer Colonies, the B.L.U.E. command put forward a plan to wipe the
    galaxy clean of the Empire forever. Establishing the Brotherhood Alliance as a political front,
    the B.L.U.E. now had a counter to the Empire on all fronts...

The War Council

So, some of you may have taken note that Metkil and I joined the BLUE two days ago. This was an attempt for us to get more involved in the community and also since we haven't really played in the wars in over two years. Being neutral is kinda boring after a few years. xD

So, with that happening I'm stepping down from the position as War Director and the holder of the neutral vote within the War Council.

And, by unanimous vote of the War Council,

Precursor GhostHammer will now take on the title of War Director, its responsibilities, and the War Council vote that comes with it.

When asked about this decision, he had the following to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer
    (/._.)/ TO THE WINDOW

\(._.\) TO THE WALL!
    On a side note, I will take up a Web Admin position and act as an adviser to the War Council. I'll still be doing 90% of what I did before, including Forge, Statbook, administration of the site, etc., so basically if you had a reason to PM me before now, I'm still the guy to send that PM to.

However, one thing that I will not be doing is setting up the battles and doing the whole "Good luck, have fun, play nice, and save the films afterward!" spiel before each match (although I'll still do it in the games I'm in).

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

...As the two factions faced off, they turned to vital data secured from Forerunner
    installations on Reach. Scores of valuable information detailing Forerunner installations
    soon became a priority for both sides as they each reached their full potential. Amassing
    the largest armadas in decades, both the Brotherhood Alliance and the Empire sent forth their
    best soldiers to start this new war for the galaxy...

Community Name for Halo 4

Refer to the poll above. As we've done multiple times in the past, we're changing the community's subtitle. Here's a refresher:

• In Halo 2, we were known as Red vs Blue Retaliation.
    • In Halo 3, we changed to Forerunner Conflict and later switched to Forerunner Conflict: Origins and Forerunner Conflict: Reborn.
    • In Halo: Reach, we changed to Forerunner Conflict: Revolutions.

As Halo 2 was ending, the community was involved in voting for the name the community was used. At that time, Forerunner Conflict won out.

Now, moving on to the next game in the series, we're leaving it up the community once again. Initially we were planning on doing it secretly and springing it up as a surprise (like at the start of Reach), but the WC/HC tied (seriously, perfectly split down the middle) on two options, so we gave up on secrecy (there are plenty of other secrets, though).

We asked the community for a bunch of suggestions, and you guys gave us a lot of suggestions, some of which were actually good. We looked over them and picked out a few good ones.

• Forerunner Conflict: Escalation (FC:E)
    • Forerunner Conflict: Generations (FC:G)
    • Forerunner Conflict: Liberation (FC:L)
    • Forerunner Conflict: Reclamation (FC:Rec)
    • Forerunner Conflict: Supremacy (FC:S)

So, vote for which one you want the community to be named!

...The Royal Enforcer Deployment Division and the Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles would face
    off once more. A conflict of epic proportions with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance...

Halo 4 War Start Date(s)

So, I'm pretty sure almost everyone has had a general idea that we'll be starting the First War in Halo 4 in January, right?

Well, we decided that the exact date for the start of the First War of Halo 4 will be...

January 6th, 2013, at 6:00 PM EST!
    And that's not all!

Since we've got a lot of ideas (and we still want moar), we decided that we'd like to test them out in a true Beta War (like what we wanted to do with Reach but never actually did).

The Beta War will be used to test settings, maps, and ideas for the war simulation. If you'd like to suggest something, feel free to, but otherwise we'll be testing out as much as we can.

We decided that this Beta War...

Starts November 18th, 2012 and lasts until December 23rd, 2012!
    This Beta War will be much less formal. We won't have a Rules of Engagement set in stone, we won't have pre-defined setups for settings or maps, etc. We'll be doing everything on the fly and see what works. This means that if need be, we'll be changing a hell of a lot of stuff from one week to the next.

Keep in mind that this Beta War is not being considered an actual war. It will not have a winner or a loser, and it's only purpose is (1) to test things out so that the actual First War works out really well, and (2) to give you guys an organized and fun thing to do every Sunday for that six-week period.

We're slowly working out all the details of everything, but in the meantime feel free to #BlameMetkil and find those easter eggs!

~Mythonian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC Update 6.4 started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.