• FC Update 7.3

FC Update 7.3

One War Done, Standby For More!

Conclusion to the First War

Leading out of the Beta War we had in November and December, we started this war off pretty strong. On January 6th, we kicked it off with two 8v8s, and both maps were neck-and-neck.

That trend continued every week. Excluding outliers, the average map was won by only 2 games. I do believe that makes it statistically closer than any war we've ever had.

However, as everyone can tell, BLUE did win the war in only 6 Battles, which makes it appear one-sided. However, that was partially due to issues in our Rules of Engagement which will be ironed out, but there is still a lot of credit to be given to BLUE for their accomplishments.

Both sides put up a fantastic showing the entire war, and it was an excellent start to the Halo 4 Wars. Seriously, congratulations to everyone who played.

This is the first BLUE war victory in almost exactly a year. The last victory was in the Third Revolutions War, which ended on February 19th, 2012. That was 364 days before. Conspiracy much? lol

Nonetheless, BLUE won the war, and as such the BLUE Victory ribbon is available for everyone who actively served in the BLUE Army during the war. Click the image below to apply for it (don't apply if you already have it):

New Fluid Background & Banner

MedeDust put it together, and now it's live. Similar to the epic banner and background he made for the Fixed version of our skin, now there's one for the Fluid version.

Click here to try it out. (can be switched to/from at any time by clicking the dropdown menu near the bottom-left of the page).

It will likely load a bit slowly at first until you cache the images. We'll see about optimizing it more in the near future.

Hope you guys like it!

NOTE: If you zoom in a lot or reduce your window width, you may notice the banner text gets hidden behind the Spartans. If that is happening for you, use the Fixed style.

Field Marshal Elections Underway

After the conclusion of every war, each army elects a new Field Marshal to lead them in the upcoming conflict.

And these elections are already fully underway. If you didn't already know about them, you can check them out at the following links:

REDD Field Marshal Election
    BLUE Field Marshal Election

For the REDD nominees, there are: Bazongaman, Gargoyle, and Fuzzy. For the BLUE nominees, there are: Purple Gamer, Yehsus, Phoenix, and Nicholas Sapien. All candidates in both elections are fully capable of being Field Marshal, so vote to see who will lead the armies during the next war!

Medals of Honor for the First War

Periodically, the High Commands of each army give an award to a member within their faction. This is the most prestigious ribbon we have on the website, and is only given to a very select few individuals. Below is the list of previous recipients:
    REDD Recipient
    BLUE Recipient
    January, 2011
    -
    Maxdoggy
    February, 2011
    Kuhblam
    LilxDevon (Relapsive)
    March-April, 2011
    Andimion
    bazongaman502
    June-July, 2011
    BurningScarekro
    Fuzzy
    August-September, 2011
    GhostHammer
    silversleek
    All of 2012
    Fuzzy
    lloydfam7
    Now another 2 individuals will be featured among the 11 above. Their names will be listed on the Home page for months to come, until the next time when Medals of Honor are given out.

The recipient of the fake BLUE Medal of Honor is:
    After unanimous decision by BLUE's high command, the Medal of Honor for the Brotherhood for the 1st Halo 4 war goes to Silko10 for exceptional service towards the brotherhood in missions of sabotage on Ragnarok, specifically in the 20th skirmish on the imperial capital. Never has a soldier gone so far as to clinch us such a close game and win us the war.

"That's dedication..."
    -Colonel Sicarioano

"I've never seen a better BLUE soldier!"
    -Lieutenant General WSxPhoenix
    The recipient of the REDD Medal of Honor is:
    UNLUCKY NUM13ER has been a renowned REDD veteran since the second war on Reach. He quickly became the squad leader of the Firesnakes and spent the next two wars rising the ranks of the officer corps within the REDD. He has long been one of the most dedicated and die hard leaders since taking his position. UNLUCKY has held the office of Field Marshal for two consecutive wars and achieved victory in one of those wars which was the final war of Reach. One of the most easily approachable and charismatic leaders of this community who should have earned this medal ages ago.
    ~Fuzzy
    The true recipient of the BLUE Medal of Honor is:
    For the first war of Halo 4, one BLUE soldier has risen through the ranks more than anyone else, and done more to promote this army and community than even myself. While there are many, many great officers in BLUE, one has stood out this war as the most consistently active, dedicated, and mature of the bunch, growing this army at every turn and never letting any of us down. This war would have been completely different without him.

The Jam Cliche will be receiving the Medal of Honor for the first war of Halo 4. He preserves this communities foundation like no other, and is by far one of the best recruits and officers I have had throughout my time as leader of BLUE (and believe me, I've had a lot of amazing officers).
    Congratulations to the recipients, and keep up the good work!

Skynet, The War Director, and Battles

So last week, GhostHammer stepped down from his position as War Director. He became a Precursor and is now participating in helping REDD retaliate from their recent setbacks.

To take his place, Juggernaut retired from active service in REDD and took up the War Director position. You probably noticed him assisting the Field Marshals in setting up the Battles on Sunday. This is meant to help speed things up, reduce waiting times, and also will end up help the rotation so that everyone can enjoy battles a little more.

Like Juggernaut, I will also be retiring from active service in BLUE. I will be focusing entirely on preparing for the next war and helping it to succeed. I had a lot of fun in BLUE and in Cyberdyne, but I haven't been able to spend enough time doing other things for the community that I wanted to do, so unfortunately BLUE will need to try to stay afloat without me.

More details coming soon about what's going to happen for the next war!

~Mythonian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC Update 7.3 started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.