• FC Update 7.4

Rank-Specific Images are Back!!!

F
    C Update 7.4

Your Rank, Now Displayed

Sometime between the 3rd and 4th of Reach (i.e., February, 2012), we got rid of using Rank-Specific Usergroups, and instead went to the Rank-Group Usergroups. Basically, instead of it saying "Private First Class" next to your name, it would only say "Enlisted."

This was meant to make it easier for Field Marshals, since they needed to manually change your usergroup each time you got promoted/demoted, which distracted them from other duties.

However, from popular demand and about 6 months of waiting, Mededust has put together a full-fledged set of Rank-Specific Usergroup Images. Rejoice!

Here's a quick FAQ about it:

Why doesn't it show an image for me?

Bug your Field Marshal or General to fix your usergroups.

Why is the rank that it shows for me outdated?

Bug your Field Marshal or General to fix your usergroups.

Can we go back to Rank-Group Usergroups instead?

No. *Ban*

Three And a Half Weeks

Peace is a fragile thing. It never lasts forever, as conflict will always erupt. No matter how stable the order is, chaos always finds ways to appear.

And such it is with this peacetime. It is but a mere lull in the fighting, a breather for the soldiers as the vast armadas from both sides jockey for positioning and armies march toward their new base of operations.

Now, you are being given another chance to end this stalemate. After REDD was repelled from this region of space two weeks ago, the Imperial fleets rethought their strategy, regrouped, and are now on their way back. They refuse to let the Brotherhood keep control over these stars and planets.

The Brotherhood has entrenched itself well, and is preparing for the expected onslaught. They will not give up what they worked so hard to earn.

The Imperial fleet will arrive here in barely three weeks. That is how much time you have to prepare, as...

The Second Reclamation War begins on Sunday, March 24th, 2013, at 6:00 PM EST!

Preparation for the Second War

The community may be in peacetime at the moment, but already both armies are preparing for the inevitable war on the horizon. Practices, scrimmages, mock battles nights, meetings, and more are happening constantly. Neither side intends to sit by and let the other gain the upper hand in this next conflict.

So here are some things to keep in mind while doing those activities.

• Many of the maps used will be similar to the last war, although a couple maps may be removed and newly forged competitive ones will be added to the pool up for selection. (the next FC Update will be announcing the maps that will be used)
    • Gametypes will use the recent Title Update settings (which includes the nerfed boltshot). This means that we will be removing the restriction on secondary weapons, so you can fully use your personal loadouts again.
    • Conflict will probably be the only gametype to allow instant respawning. The others will vary between 3 and 10 second respawns, depending on the objective.
    • The list of gametypes will likely remain identical to the previous war:
      • Conflict
      • Liberation
      • Extraction
      • Asset
      • Occupation
      • Hill 30
      • Dominion (large maps only)
      • Executive (small maps only)

If anyone has any questions about any of this, or any suggestions, feel free to raise them.

Battle Film Commentary

At the top of this update is a YouTube video. It features commentary by PanicPhan. This is something that's going to become more common throughout the next war.

Lots of people volunteered to help commentate over various Battle Films in this thread. Volunteering is still open if anyone else wants to give it a try.

Reminder: Those that already volunteered, if you have still not starting commentating the example game I gave you, PM me and I'll give you a different one instead.

Some people are doing group commentaries, which should be interesting, so look forward to those over the next few weeks.

If you saved a film during the last war and want it to be uploaded to YouTube, put it on your fileshare and tell me about it!

Universal Recruitment Division

Our own neighborhood recruitment adict, SpartanBH, recently decided it was a good idea to reboot the Universal Recruitment Division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    I want us to continuously expand and grow into the HALO world, with my goal being that eventually we will be recognized by nearly everyone who plays HALO. A few years ago, I tried starting a Universal Recruiting team which needless to say, failed pretty quickly.

Well, I'd like for us to start it up again. We need a new and improved Universal Recruitment division that will constantly be active and trying to get as many valuable community members as possible.
    He has it all laid out and explained, so make sure you all check it out and give it a go. We might even pay you vCash for it.

http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread....cruitment-Team!

~Mythonian

P.S. New smilies, courtesy of Spiderman:
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC Update 7.4 started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.