• Member Spotlight: HarrytheChin

Age: 18.1397260273972602739726 0273972603 as of April 4th, 2013

Profession: Discipulus

Favorite Single Player Game: Halo Series

Favorite Multi-player Game: Super Smash Brothers Series

Famous Quote: "Be honest... BE HONEST..."

"THE CHINterview"

Q: HARRY! THE CHIN! Congratulations on becoming our April's Member Spotlight, you must be a mixed bag of emotions, how do you feel?
    A: I feel pretty hard- as in difficult. This is quite the honor and I feel honored to be honored in this month's honorary Member Spotlight. HONOR. I do not think I will be able to contain my sack of emotions for much longer so I must continue. QUICKLY.

Q: What is the story behind your gamertag? I must admit it is a little odd, do you have a hairy chin? EXPLAIN STRANGE ONE!!
    A: As can be seen from the picture shown above, I DO NOT have a hairy chin YET. I plan on having one in the near distant future. Regardless, the term 'HarryTheChin' has intrigued countless amounts of people I have met through the glorious inanimate object known as Xbox Live and partly the Internet so I figure it is now appropriate for story time. Everyone gather round... ALRIGHT, so this is how it began:

A looong time ago back during my early childhood, my family owned a Chinese restaurant. Since it was family-owned I would typically stroll through the place, eat lotsa food, and I eventually got to know all of the workers, chefs, and such. Well, this one cook had the name of "Harry *insert Asian last name here as I will not disclose the real one*" so my brothers and I made this little inside joke, "wouldn't it be funny if his last name was 'Chin'?" The joke caught on pretty fast as I thought it was the greatest joke of all time. Moving on, around the year 2007 (I was 12 years old) a friend of mine convinced me to join an online gaming community. I was pretty pumped at the time because I didn't even know what I was doing/getting myself into. So my friend linked me to the website (smashboards.com) and I promptly registered for an account. The first empty box I had to fill out was "Username:". I had to think for a coupla seconds and BOOM, 'Harry The Chin' was born. Essentially it was supposed to be 'HarryTheChineseGuy' but it had to be limited to a certain number of characters and I also didn't want to appear as being racist. 'HarryTheChin' sounded the best to me and here we are today, with YOU listening to the greatest story of all time...

Q: I know you have been a part of Forerunner Conflict for a good amount of time, can you tell me the story of how you found our community and why you decided to join? In other words, "Your own FC's History!"
    A: #BlameXxClearSh0txX (Back then: ClearOrangeZero). I was minding my own business on the Halo: Reach Beta and Clear, whom I played with regularly, hopped onto Halo 3. "CLAER, what are you doing on that gaem when you could be on RAECH?!" He informed me about this thing called 'Forerunner Conflict' and I was all like, "K." and I went on with my day. I think he eventually went on a recruiting spree and I was lamb to slaughter and somehow got persuaded into joining.

Q: WE ALL HAD A BOOT CAMP! Torture right? Explain your glorious boot camp in full detail!
    A: Ah yes, I have partaken in numerous amounts of bootcamps but I shall go with explaining the most memorable one hosted by the one and only RENGADE 0F FUNK. Man was he a hard-ass. This took place during the Reach wars as I had recently switched to the R.E.D.D. along with my homie-G's in Resistance. It was me and a couple of other fellurs who are still around today that were given a tour through the Hemorrhage course. The typical guidelines applied, 3-strikes and you're out, etc. At first I thought this was going to be something similar to the previous bootcamps, but I was wrong. I very quickly died twice and I was on my last strike. I admit I was goofing off but when I got down to the last strike I sure as hell did not want to go through a whole other hour of BC. So I clenched my cheeks, raised my chin up high, and muscled/fingered via XBOX 360 controller buttons & actions through it. I got through it with one strike left. #YOLO

Q: What goals do you have in Forerunner Conflict right now? Do you think you have any cool ideas that you want to share?
    A: Nothing in particular. Of course I want R.E.D.D. Army to come out on top for Rec2 so I guess that could be the answer to this question. I'll probably try and get into as many Top Players & Units categories for April. I don't think I have any extraordinarily cool ideas to share at the moment... But if I did, I probably wouldn't share them anyway.

Q: So you may or may not have any real life goals? Care to share them as well? Do you think Forerunner Conflict helped or dampened them?
    A: FC has completely dampened my real life goal of attempting to play less video games, but it's worth it. After this final year of high school I'll be going off to attend Western Illinois University. That's the next thing on my lifelong to-do list.

Q: If you had to describe Forerunner Conflict in ONE word, what would that word be and why?
    A: Indescribable. FC is THAT awesome.

Q: OK! Enough about FC. If you were a part of the Halo Universe, what would you be? Examples: ODST? Marine? A Scientist?
    A: ODST. No doubt about it. When I initially joined FC with my then ODST clan (The 251st ODSTs) a lot of good times were had. I would also seem to prefer the dropping down from space with incredible velocity and shooting things nearly immediately type of experience. Halo 3: ODST was just awesome to me as well.

Q: If you were the Field Marshal of a Faction for a week, what would you do and why?
    A: I would most likely eff shit up. For the greater good, of course. Most likely to promote and spread the purple plague which was first introduced to FC during the 1st of this month.

Q: Here is your chance to send a message to the community, what are your famous last words?!
    A: kthxbai, ya dig? :3
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Member Spotlight: HarrytheChin started by RaZ Vader View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.