• FC Update 8.3

FC Update 8.3

~The Beginnings of War~

~Brotherhood forces stationed on the outskirts of "Ragnarok" face daily skirmishes across the border while trying to retake their former headquarters~

A month after the interstellar conflict between Imperial and Brotherhood forces has subsided, rebel insurgents have again started taking ground closer to the Defense Headquarters of Ragnarok, which has changed hands several times in the conflicts shadowing these past few years.

The Royal Defense responded to these attacks with the deployment of one of its most elite units, dubbed the "Legion" of Dawn. This Enforcement "Legion", led by Lieutenant Colonel Chris "Parrot" Vasapolli, attacked a brotherhood camp comprised of some of the insurgent's most experienced soldiers led by Brotherhood General DJ Butler. The rebel unit dubbed "Animus", due to their reported extreme hatred for the emperor, rallied under this leadership to not only repel the attack, but cripple the opposing unit by cutting their forces in half. With this imperial loss, the REDD army became very vulnerable to a rebel invasion.

Insurgents took this opportunity and deployed its highly lethal YGGDRASIL Mark IX Armor Defense System, also known as "Mantis", dropping into Empire territory at 0600 as the sun rose.

~The first shots were fired by Private NervyDestroyer of the Brotherhood Mantis Division at early dawn~
    ~Image courtesy of the Inner Colony Courier's Jonathan Craig~

Royal Lieutenant Tanner Gordon was tasked with defending the assault by leading the Empire's own Mantis team, deploying the much more advanced HRUNTING Mark IX Armor Defense Systems equipped with anti-air weaponry.

In the wake of this battle, Empire forces have been put on alert with Navy soldiers on shore leave being called back into active duty. With insurgent tactics remaining so questionable, war very well could be on the horizon.

During the attack, Brotherhood General Guzman sent a transmission that could be heard all across the area of the fighting stating:
    We would like to remind everyone that peace time is coming to an end and although BLUE has seen some small improvements, our Army is still struggling with numbers and activity. We would like to encourage those of you who are on the fence about switching sides to reconsider a different experience on the other side of the community. We are looking for future leaders, members who would be willing to assuming responsibilities, step up and help rebuild what we hope to make an even greater army.

We understand that people have an underlaying tie to their current army, friends and leaders. On a greater scale, we also have a tie to FC as a community, switching sides will help you see FC as a whole and will help you experience the war from another perspective and expand your circle of friends and acquaintances.

Thank you for your consideration.
    REDD High Command responded, reminding all BLUE units not to be discouraged from joining REDD, as experiencing both factions is an important part of the Forerunner Conflict experience.

As a result of the transmission, the Imperial Council has ordered the display of new REDD propaganda in the colonies near Ragnarok.

Real Talk

Hope you've all enjoyed peacetime so far, god knows I have. It's a weird feeling to not have anything to do Sunday nights, but it's a nice break.

If you haven't already heard, the war will begin June 8th, at 6PM EST. That's in about two weeks for those of you mathematically challenged (I know, 3rd grade was a hard decade for us all). So be ready to begin this war with a good start, an active start, with lots and lots of members. This war is a new start, I'd love to see the activity we saw this time last year, and I know it's possible with the dedicated people we have.

Preparation

~Raz would be proud~

Even with less than two weeks left, the other War Directors and I have been hard at work preparing for what lies ahead. Specifically, this includes revising the Rules of Engagement, setting up the statbook, and handling all the Forge Department's gooey goodness.

Quite frankly we're a bit behind.

We need your help. By the end of this month, we need all Forge Department happenings to be figured out and put into place, and the vast majority of what we do with gametypes and maps is based on community feedback. So that's exactly what we need, your feedback.

First and foremost, we have two surveys based around gametypes and maps to gain a good idea of what this community wants. I will be closing these surveys tomorrow (Tuesday) at midnight so that we may use the data given to make decisions regarding the WARMAP and gametypes, so if you have not yet given input, please do so below:
    https://docs.google.com/a/miamioh.ed...YdT3c/viewform
    https://docs.google.com/a/miamioh.ed...wKRVg/viewform

We also like to keep fresh maps on our WARMAP, which has caused us to take in a great deal of forged map testing and rating. In order to provide everyone here with enjoyable maps that we can all (mostly) enjoy, Mythonian and myself have been hosting a series of map testing nights where you, the community, rate forge maps based on your interest in them being in the wars. This is where we're seriously behind.

Adding maps that we found to the oodles of maps you've all submitted, we have about 50 maps we need rated! Put simply, we need to test and rate more maps so we can put the best forward. If you're interested in helping out, shoot myself or Mythonian a PM and we'll get you situated right away.

If you don't feel like PMing us, there is an official map testing/rating event tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7PM EST.

Staying Active

The leaders of both armies and FC as a whole do their best to provide activities to keep the entire community enthralled with action. As with the previous update, here's a quick listing of the events you can take part of while waiting to be deployed to the fight on Ragnarok:

• Forge Map Testing: As stated earlier, a map testing event will be held on 5/27/2014 at 7PM EST. Contact myself for information.
    • REDD Mock Battles: If you're a member of REDD army, a Mock Battle Night will be held 6/01/2014 on Sunday at 6PM EST to prepare for the impending war. Take this as a great opportunity to test yourself and your squad for real battle.
    • Bellator!: A very special Bellator event is being held for those in the unit. You know who you are.
    • Titanfall War: The Titanfall War continues, and both factions are still accepting enlistments! If you have an Xbox One, feel free to contact myself to join the fight. Battles take place every Saturday at 5PM EST.
    • FC LARP: The Live Action Roleplay is still kicking. If you're interested in getting involved, contact Raptor.
    • BLUE Events: As always, BLUE has a whole slew of events for Brotherhood Soldiers to take part in, such as a battalion scrimmage and a trivia night. Rebel soldiers can view more information HERE.

As always, if you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions, direct them by way of PM to myself or any other community leader. We aim to make FC all that it can be and your feedback helps.

War is upon us my friends. Are you prepared?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC Update 8.3 started by Anarchy View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.